Marv's Tenure

Scraps

Hell-oooooooo?! Mc-Briiiiddddee?! That is some strange science you're using there, fella. :lol: If both the #7 and the #9 got conventional deals the Bills would be in the exact same place, wanting to use #9 as the model, because the numbers would be the same. Too much for #7 and too little for #9 cancel each other out. The Bills should somewhere very close to the middle and they are not. That looks a lot like a lowball.

735251[/snapback]

no, not at all. it may look that way to us, but the bills might think that sims got what he deserved and that leinart's griping stems from his past as a star qb at a top program who thought he'd be a top 5 pick. the bills, like other teams apparently, may think that huff got an unreasonably generous deal, and that sims' deal is more appropriate to their pegging system. the agent, of course, probably sees it in reverse.

just because it appears to you and scraps that it's sensible to split the difference doesn't mean that a team in the thick of it sees things that way.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for a fact that the Rams were set to take him at the 11th spot.  And when he was gone, they traded down.

734971[/snapback]

I live in St. Louis and I heard the same thing. The Rams wanted Whitner, so did the Vikings and the Dolphins.

So far I'm not impressed with anything Marv Levy has done as GM. He has hired a retread HC with a pedestrian record who seems married to a system regardless of the talent on the team. He has actually made the team weaker by cutting or trading fairly talented players (Moulds and Adams). He has overpaid for some free agents when there didn't appear to be much competition for their services. He got tunnel vision during the draft by fixating on Whitner and reaching to get him. On top of that, he has now has a contract hold out with the same player he reached for in the first place.

Not a good start Marv.

OK...like everyone else, you're entitled to your opinion. Hillary Clinton stated her opinion yesterday... basically bitching about how everything is going wrong and failed in Iraq. The one thing she didn't, and has not, offered up was her plan to straighten Iraq out... after voting to go to war.

So... don't be like Hillary. How about you share with us all how you would have run this organiztion different from Marv had you been introduced as the new GM by Mr. Wilson.

Mr Scraps... you're on the clock!!