Marv's Tenure

Scraps

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, be ready for the onslaught (I see it has already begun).

Second, I completely agree with the statement below.  Staying fixated on Whitner and reaching for him will cost this franchise millions of dollars.  A lot of people argued post draft that he is a high character guy and won't miss time... they are eating their words now.  Not only will the team have an exorbitant amount of cap space tied to the safety position, he won't be starting Week 1.  Just wonderful.

Regarding the head coach, I actually like the move.  I think Jauron is a solid coach who got the shaft in Chicago bigtime.  Time will tell, but I don't think his record should come into play.  Marv had a horrible record coming in as head coach of the Bills.  Bellichick had a sub-500 record coming in as head coach of the Pats.

734824[/snapback]

Marv's getting his ass kicked as a GM. One more offseason like this one and he's gonna get the boot.

Marv's getting his ass kicked as a GM.  One more offseason like this one and he's gonna get the boot.

734991[/snapback]

Regardless of how good the off-seasons are, I really doubt that he's still "GM" in 2008.

I can't argue with anything you said.

I was skeptical about Marv when he was hired and have said so at times during the off season.  I am giving him a chance but from what I've seen, he has pulled several major gaffs while taking the right course of action in some rather minor obvious matters.  I thought some of the bloom might have come off that rose by now, with his guy being unsigned for so long, but the excuse fest just ramped up.

734934[/snapback]

I just love the fans who claim to "give the guy a chance" yet post absolutely nothing but negativity. Do you enjoy sports? Do the Bills give you any pleasure whatsoever? What the !@#$ are you wasting your (and our) time for with nothing but "I think we're in the schitter" and "for the record, I told you so" posts?

I know exactly what type of fan you are. You're the naysayer who will constantly piss on the parade until the Bills finally do strike gold. Then, you're up on the bandwagon claiming to be one of the lifelong fans who dreamt of the moment. Until they lose the next game and you want everyone's head on a platter.

Go stick your head in a hole somewhere. Please.

I just love the fans who claim to "give the guy a chance" yet post absolutely nothing but negativity.  Do you enjoy sports?  Do the Bills give you any pleasure whatsoever?  What the !@#$ are you wasting your (and our) time for with nothing but "I think we're in the schitter" and "for the record, I told you so" posts?

I know exactly what type of fan you are.  You're the naysayer who will constantly piss on the parade until the Bills finally do strike gold.  Then, you're up on the bandwagon claiming to be one of the lifelong fans who dreamt of the moment.  Until they lose the next game and you want everyone's head on a platter.

Go stick your head in a hole somewhere.  Please.

735035[/snapback]

I was going to dissect & argue & have a wonderful waste of time with the naysayer(s) but you seemed to have summed it up beautifully.

I do like the way you remained polite & said please at the end. <_<

I just love the fans who claim to "give the guy a chance" yet post absolutely nothing but negativity.  Do you enjoy sports?  Do the Bills give you any pleasure whatsoever?  What the !@#$ are you wasting your (and our) time for with nothing but "I think we're in the schitter" and "for the record, I told you so" posts?

735035[/snapback]

If Marv did mostly positive things and I'd make positive posts. Its ny my fault that he hasn't. If you think I'm wasting your time there's a very simple solution, don't read my posts.

If Marv did mostly positive things and I'd make positive posts.  Its ny my fault that he hasn't.  If you think I'm wasting your time there's a very simple solution, don't read my posts.

735052[/snapback]

I have a suggestion for your user name. Lose the 's' on the front and back end. It's more appropriate.

You mean as opposed to starting a thread about a topic that has already been discussed into the ground just because you have some insolent need to be bashed?  Originality has never been your strong point.

734962[/snapback]

Actually responding to the topic has never been your strong point Darin. You do little more than personal insults. You might as well get used to it. Questioning the decisions of the GM has been done on every message board for every professional team. People will talk about Marv for as long as he is GM and beyond, just like they did with TD.

So far I'm not impressed with anything Marv Levy has done as GM.  He has hired a retread HC with a pedestrian record who seems married to a system regardless of the talent on the team.  He has actually made the team weaker by cutting or trading fairly talented players (Moulds and Adams).  He has overpaid for some free agents when there didn't appear to be much competition for their services.  He got tunnel vision during the draft by fixating on Whitner and reaching to get him.  On top of that,  he has now has a contract hold out with the same player he reached for in the first place.

Not a good start Marv.

734811[/snapback]

Yeah, Marv's a real idiot for getting rid of two players on the downside of their careers who were also problem children in the locker room last year. I am much happier to have DJ than MM as our coach. It's good to have a coach who actually has a backbone.

So far I'm not impressed with anything Marv Levy has done as GM.  He has hired a retread HC with a pedestrian record who seems married to a system regardless of the talent on the team.  He has actually made the team weaker by cutting or trading fairly talented players (Moulds and Adams).  He has overpaid for some free agents when there didn't appear to be much competition for their services.  He got tunnel vision during the draft by fixating on Whitner and reaching to get him.  On top of that,  he has now has a contract hold out with the same player he reached for in the first place.

Not a good start Marv.

734811[/snapback]

Well you've really buried yourself with this one.

You don't like him hiring Jauron? Maybe Marv should have hired one of the many succesful former NFL coaches that were availale. One of the guys with a Super Bowl ring or two that were sitting there waiting for the call. Who might that be? Who better was available at the time Malarkey stepped down? I've had my fill of rookie head coaches cutting their teeth with the Bills. You can wind the clock back to Kay Stevenson, Hank Bullough and also remember that Wade Phillips inherited a decent team. They all failed to deliver. Kudos to Marv for getting a head coach with some experience.

Yeah, Marv's a real idiot for getting rid of two players on the downside of their careers who were also problem children in the locker room last year.  I am much happier to have DJ than MM as our coach.  It's good to have a coach who actually has a backbone.

735069[/snapback]

I completely agree. Getting rid of the dead weight veterans was a great 1st move.

Sent a message that if you want to be on this team you better produce or at least try your a$$ off.

Actually responding to the topic has never been your strong point Darin.  You do little more than personal insults.  You might as well get used to it.  Questioning the decisions of the GM has been done on every message board for every professional team.  People will talk about Marv for as long as he is GM and beyond, just like they did with TD.

735068[/snapback]

It has nothing to do with questioning a GM. As I stated earlier, this particular topic has been beaten to death numerous times since the draft. There's little reason to bring it up yet again, unless you have some kind of shortcoming.

As usual, your only contribution is to bring up mass media vomitus so you can get the attention your mommy apparently didn't shower you with in your formative years.

As far as my contribution, you get what you're worth.