Throwbacks This Season!

THROWBACK UPDATE: As those who were in attendance at the night practice may have noticed the Bills were wearing their throwback helmets. I've also learned that the Bills 1965 throwback jerseys will be making a comeback this season. They'll be worn in two games and I know that one of them will be the opener. I know a lot of you were wondering about that so you've been officially updated. If I hear what the other game is I'll let you know.

That'll be nice to see the throwbacks at the opener again - here's hoping for a similar result!

Here's another nice little tidbit from his latest blog entry:

PETERS: Jason Peters has progressed by leaps and bounds. He neutralizes everyone and pretty easily I might add. He's going to be left tackle material sooner rather than later. For this year though I think they'll let him continue to progress on the right side.

THROWBACK UPDATE: As those who were in attendance at the night practice may have noticed the Bills were wearing their throwback helmets. I've also learned that the Bills 1965 throwback jerseys will be making a comeback this season. They'll be worn in two games and I know that one of them will be the opener. I know a lot of you were wondering about that so you've been officially updated. If I hear what the other game is I'll let you know.

733339[/snapback]

YES!

Now they just have to go the distance and make the throwbacks the permanent uniforms and ditch the clown uniforms completely.

(That sound you just heard was Mike Schoop having an aneurysm.)

733339[/snapback]

The home opener or the season opener in NE?

The home opener or the season opener in NE?

733349[/snapback]

I would tend to guess that, since they only have home throwbacks, he means the home opener...not that we haven't worn the blue on the road, but usually that's in response to a warm weather city choosing to wear white early in the season. So, if you're planning this far in advance, again I'd think he meant home opener.

733339[/snapback]

I know it didn't help much in TB last year, but I think we should use the throwback's in week 2 this season. The Florida sun can be brutal in September, if the white helmets can reduce that by 1%, I'd do it.

That'll be nice to see the throwbacks at the opener again - here's hoping for a similar result!

PETERS: Jason Peters has progressed by leaps and bounds. He neutralizes everyone and pretty easily I might add. He's going to be left tackle material sooner rather than later. For this year though I think they'll let him continue to progress on the right side.

Switch Peters and Gandy NOW! :lol:

Great news!

Speaking of Throwbacks what the hell is Replithentic?

733366[/snapback]

Replithentic...meaining we found some old, retired players (Reed and Tasker) jersey's and we need the warehoues space, so we made up a word to flog 'em off to diehard fans.

Geez, $125 US for a "replithentic" top...

733342[/snapback]

this peters thing really amazes me. i mean, it just proves how much of a "science" the draft can be, right? we pick a 'sure-thing' prospect - mike williams -a few years ago, and we pick this kid up off waivers or wherever and look where they are now...so much can be said investing time in really getting to know the athletic ability and mindset of these kids when drafting

Replithentic...meaining we found some old, retired players (Reed and Tasker) jersey's and we need the warehoues space, so we made up a word to flog 'em off to diehard fans.

Geez, $125 US for a "replithentic" top...

733412[/snapback]

Actually, to answer your replithentic questions, instead of this guy's version....

Replithentics are between the authentics and the replica's. They are actually really nice jerseys. All numbers and names are sewn on. Stripes around the sleeves are printed. There is also a tag on the front with the player's name and a throwback jersey label.

They had originally done them for Kelly, Thomas, Reed and Tasker. Kelly and Thomas sold out. Reed and Tasker are left. I bought one of each for framing in my gameroom. Very nice jerseys. If you can afford one, I would highly recommend it as it is a great alternative to the authentic, which is ridiculously overpriced.

733342[/snapback]

This is the first heartening thing I've heard about either line so far.

LEt's hope he stays healthy and continues to improve.

this peters thing really amazes me.  i mean, it just proves how much of a "science" the draft can be, right?  we pick a 'sure-thing' prospect - mike williams -a few years ago, and we pick this kid up off waivers or wherever and look where they are now...so much can be said investing time in really getting to know the athletic ability and mindset of these kids when drafting

733449[/snapback]

This post is a reach. Should've waited until later in the thread to post this.

:lol::doh:

I'm not superstitious about anything except if it has to do with the Bills.

Let's examine what happened last year with the throwbacks.

A great start in one game followed by complete mediocrity in another.

I know that rational folks don't believe in superstition but I'm not exactly rational when it comes to NFL football.

I'd go for the throwbacks in say games 3 and 9 or something random like that.

Not the opener.