2 nights in Baltimore

MattyT

(formerly)Collegeguy inspired me....

Leaving for a business trip in B'more today.....have 2 nights to eat out.....

Where should I go?

I'll be staying north of downtown near Johns Hopkins. Inner Harbor would be nice. No chains please.

Thanks in advance.

I can't remember any specific names, but just make sure you get some cream of crab soup before you leave.....it's damn yummy.

(formerly)Collegeguy inspired me....

Leaving for a business trip in B'more today.....have 2 nights to eat out.....

Where should I go?

I'll be staying north of downtown near Johns Hopkins. Inner Harbor would be nice. No chains please.

Thanks in advance.

732802[/snapback]

I know a few places to go down by the Harbor. It depends on what you like and what your price range is. Send me a PM.

I can't remember any specific names, but just make sure you get some cream of crab soup before you leave.....it's damn yummy.

732819[/snapback]

In my opinion, the Rusty Scupper (in the Inner Harbor) has the best cream of crab soup in the area.

In my opinion, the Rusty Scupper (in the Inner Harbor) has the best cream of crab soup in the area.

732853[/snapback]

mmmmm....cream of crab soup :D

Seriously, for the best crab cakes in Baltimore, go to Fells Point to a little bar called Dudas...best in town.

Fells Point

Really prefer Fells Point to the Inner Harbor...less tourists, more locals, more fun. For good beers, head to Max's and the Cat's Eye Pub.

Try Little Italy if you are interested in Italian. Lot's of great restaurants. Do not get dessert at the restaurant, go to Vacarro's. I haven't been to Little Italy in a few years but I always like Amicci's (casual and not too pricey).

http://www.littleitalyrestaurants.com/litt...ts_vaccaros.htm

http://www.littleitalyrestaurants.com/litt...nts_amiccis.htm

For some awesome micro-brewed Belgian style beer (and a great restaurant too), try The Brewer's Art. There is a nice restaurant and lounge on the upper level and a dark bar in the lower level. You can get the full menu in the restaurant and they have a seperate menu for the bar areas.

http://www.belgianbeer.com/

mmmmm....cream of crap soup  :D

Seriously, for the best crab cakes in Baltimore, go to Fells Point to a little bar called Dudas...best in town.

Fells Point

732939[/snapback]

I guess technically that is true, since G&M Restaurant is in Linthicum, which is near BWI-TM.

http://www.gandmrestaurant.com/

Really prefer Fells Point to the Inner Harbor...less tourists, more locals, more fun.  For good beers, head to Max's and the Cat's Eye Pub.

732939[/snapback]

I really don't like Fells Point that much, other than Admiral Fell's Inn, which is a great place to eat. Too many people on narrow streets w/ traffic buzzing by you.

I'll also suggest hitting a game at Camden Yards....there are a lot of nice ballparks that have popped up in the last ten years, but when I was there in 1995 it was really an experience. Beautiful park, great atmosphere, and GREAT food. It may be the best ballpark food I've had.

I'll also suggest hitting a game at Camden Yards....there are a lot of nice ballparks that have popped up in the last ten years, but when I was there in 1995 it was really an experience. Beautiful park, great atmosphere, and GREAT food. It may be the best ballpark food I've had.

732956[/snapback]

You know, in the decade that I've lived here, I have yet to go to a game in Camden Yards. Even my wife has been there before, and she can't stand baseball (went on a company-sponsored trip).

You know, in the decade that I've lived here, I have yet to go to a game in Camden Yards.  Even my wife has been there before, and she can't stand baseball (went on a company-sponsored trip).

733015[/snapback]

wow, really? I thnk you'll be impressed when you get out there....it's absolutely beautiful. I remember just staring at the quality of the field and being in awe of it. It's perfectly manicured and just beautiful. I was only in Baltimore (Columbia, really) for a few months, but I was able to see Cal Ripken play in person and then watch my Braves win the WS later that fall. I enjoyed that baseball season more than just about any other. But yeah, that park is beautiful.

wow, really? I thnk you'll be impressed when you get out there....it's absolutely beautiful. I remember just staring at the quality of the field and being in awe of it. It's perfectly manicured and just beautiful. I was only in Baltimore (Columbia, really) for a few months, but I was able to see Cal Ripken play in person and then watch my Braves win the WS later that fall. I enjoyed that baseball season more than just about any other. But yeah, that park is beautiful.

733020[/snapback]

Ever since the '94 strike, I've been done w/ MLB, so I have no need to go there for a baseball game.

The place I'm really looking forward to going is to the stadium in Erie where the Sea Wolves play. I love minor league ball; much more fun, no prima donnas. They built the stadium about a year or so after I moved to Maryland, and I still haven't seen them play there. I don't usually make trips up to Erie until fall, and by then, the season is over.

Thanks everyone. Crab soup sounds good, but I'll have to re-evaluate the idea while I'm actually baking in the 105 degree weather.

Oh yeah...been to Camden... beautiful ballpark.

733077[/snapback]

This place be da BOMB, excellant. Well worth the money

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?n...ies=Restaurants

Do yourself a favor and do not go to the Rusty Scupper, and it is NOT Cream of Crab soup, IT IS she crab soup

This place be da BOMB, excellant. Well worth the money

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?n...ies=Restaurants

Do yourself a favor and do not go to the Rusty Scupper, and it is NOT Cream of Crab soup, IT IS she crab soup

733084[/snapback]

Not a fan of the Scupper, eh? They've never disappointed me, but I guess it's not for everyone.

I haven't been to that place before, but I've heard good things (nice decor, impressive wine list-if that's your thing) and bad things (long waits, poor service, high prices) about them.

Rusty Scupper is pretty good, but Ruth's Chris is my favorite, MMMMMMMMM!

733129[/snapback]

Do they still do the loan applications in the front lobby, so that you can pay for your meal?

There's a few locations here, and neither has impressed me to where I'm looking to pay that kind of cash on a recurrent basis.

Could be worse, though: they could be Shula's. That place doesn't just do loans, they do refinancing.

Do they still do the loan applications in the front lobby, so that you can pay for your meal?

733138[/snapback]

Ruth's Chris is brutally full of itself. There's nothing really wrong with the place except they are so overpriced relative to the cut of meat you're getting that it's embarrassing. The only steakhouse I've ever been to where prices like that were justified was Bob's Steak and Chophouse in Dallas. Finest I've ever been to and worth every single penny, right down to the after-dinner cocktails and cigars.