'Hot' off the presses - tomorrow's camp cancelled

My wife was scheduled to work in the Xerox booth at tomorrow morning's session. The coordinator just called her to say that coach Jauron has cancelled the session because of the Excessive Heat Warning that's in place for tomorrow. It's supposed to be up to 95 and humid with a heat index over 105.

They'll probably work out indoors but they don't open those.

It's supposed to get to 90 today and camp is scheduled for 11-1:15.

Good move. It's going to be hotter than hell out there. <_<

Wait a minute, there is NO practice tomorrow morning, unless you are talking about today....

The practice is a Night Practice tomorrow and by then it should be a little cooler outside.

Good move.  It's going to be hotter than hell out there.  <_<

Wait a minute, there is NO practice tomorrow morning, unless you are talking about today....

The practice is a Night Practice tomorrow and by then it should be a little cooler outside.

731912[/snapback]

She's in a meeting but I left her a message to get back to me on this.

Maybe it's tomorrow night's session - here's the text from the warning:

...EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE TUESDAY NIGHT...

AN EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE TUESDAY NIGHT.

EXPECT TEMPERATURES TO PEAK WELL INTO THE 90S ON TUESDAY AFTERNOON WITH UNCOMFORTABLE DEW POINTS IN THE LOWER TO MID 70S. SUCH READINGS WOULD RESULT IN HEAT INDICES AS HIGH AS 105 DEGREES OR ABOVE ACROSS A LARGE PORTION OF THE AREA. EVEN THOUGH TEMPERATURES WILL DROP TUESDAY NIGHT...UNAIRCONDITIONED BUILDINGS WILL REMAIN HOT AND VERY UNCOMFORTABLE...AS OVERNIGHT LOWS ARE EXPECTED TO ONLY FALL TO NEAR RECORD LEVELS IN THE MID TO UPPER 70S.

AN EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH MEANS THAT A PROLONGED PERIOD OF HOT TEMPERATURES IS EXPECTED. THE COMBINATION OF HOT TEMPERATURES AND HIGH HUMIDITY WILL COMBINE TO CREATE A DANGEROUS SITUATION IN WHICH HEAT-RELATED ILLNESSES ARE POSSIBLE. ON TUESDAY PLAN TO DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS...STAY IN AN AIR-CONDITIONED ROOM...STAY OUT OF THE SUN... AND CHECK UP ON RELATIVES AND NEIGHBORS.

My wife was scheduled to work in the Xerox booth at tomorrow morning's session.  The coordinator just called her to say that coach Jauron has cancelled the session because of the Excessive Heat Warning that's in place for tomorrow.  It's supposed to be up to 95 and humid with a heat index over 105.

They'll probably work out indoors but they don't open those.

It's supposed to get to 90 today and camp is scheduled for 11-1:15.

731907[/snapback]

sounds like just another summer day in places like raleigh. I understand the rigors of camp etc but wont at least some practicing in this heat help for those road games in the warmer weather? when I first moved here over 20 years ago I couldnt stand being outside now its not uncommon to work in the yard, walk the golf course etc all in the same day. sometimes I think being out in the heat and humidity aclimates one to the conditions. just my 2 cents but does seem like a smart move given how intense training camp can be and the extra issue of helmets, pads etc

<_<  :angry:  ;)

OH MY GOD!  IT'S HOT!! IT'S NEVER BEEN HOT BEFORE!!!!

:D  ;)  ;)

731964[/snapback]

One meteorologist thinks we'll reach 100 for the first time since 1953 and we have a chance to have the hottest July since 1955

Oh wait, we were talking about camp. Why don't they just make it a morning session instead?

i don't know...why doesn't he just schedule the practice for 7:00 a.m.?

and have a film session in the afternoon? indoor practice at the Ralph is one thing, but at SJF, that is a complete loss of a practice.

i agree they shouldn't be practicing in 95 degree heat, if we learned anything from Korey Stringer this is it.

The Bills game in Miami can be just as hot. Are they going to cancel the game just because it's 90 degrees? I think not. They better get used to those types of conditions now so that they will be ready for it week two in Miami.

731942[/snapback]

I really like this point.....I can never figure out why Mularkey always had the Bills practicing inside all the time when it got cold because unless I'm missing something the Ralph's not a dome.

I really like this point.....I can never figure out why Mularkey always had the Bills practicing inside all the time when it got cold because unless I'm missing something the Ralph's not a dome.

731994[/snapback]

I can see both sides of the coin. On one hand, guys are less likely to give full attention to the drills because their thought is on how cold they are, on the other hand the more exposer to the cold the better. There needs to be an even balance between the two.