Saturday, 7/29 COMPLETE Camp Report

sven233

Also, keep an eye on Roscoe Parrish (I said this last year right before he got hurt, but the guy is a playmaker and if he gets into the open field, watch out......he could score from anywhere.  I will say it again.....it will be like 7-11....JP to Parrish is always open).

731437[/snapback]

Hey, if they really do work out, you should trademark that. :w00t:

Hey there.  Well, I mentioned Everett in my original post.  While initially I thought he may challenge for the starting roll, it doesn't appear he will be able to overtake Royal.  I would, at this point, rate him as the 2nd best TE on the team.  He showed some great athletic ability today, but dropped a pass that hit him in the hands that would have gone for a big gain.  But, he did make a couple pretty nice grabs today that I think solidified him as #2, at least for now.  Cieslak, I thought, had a poor day overall.  He dropped a few balls today in drills and just didn't seem to have 'IT' today.  He has been stronger in the past and I look for him to rebound.  He and Everett will challenge each other for the backup TE spot.  Neufeld did nothing of note. 

As for Kelsay, he is in MUCH better shape than last year.  He was slim and looked to be quicker.  He and Schobel actually paired off on individual drills and worked together.  They looked like twins!  Let me tell you something.......Schobel is IN SHAPE and looks ready to go.  But, as a note here, it was Denney getting a lot of 1st team reps as well.  But, those are your top 3 DEs without a doubt.

Posey has not worked out at DE and probably won't according to Jauron.

Hope this helps!

731478[/snapback]

Thanks for the information.

Every little bit helps you feel a bit closer (than the Pacific Ocean at least :w00t: )

It'll be interesting to see how the DE situation develops. Both Schobel and Kelsay look sharp. Perhaps Kelsay is being groomed more as a situational rusher and a back up to Schobel. Denney as the anchor at LDE, as perhaps as ol' whitey intended with moving up in the draft to take him as a Hansen replacement.

Thanks for the reports. Keep them coming...

You are all very welcome. I love football and love talking about football. I am not sure how many more practices I will be able to get to though. I live about an hour and 40 minutes away and it is long drive for a 2 hour practice. If there would have been more 2-a-days, I would head to those, but it looks as though those are over. I will be reporting on preseason games and will have a season preview when the preseason closes. So, you will be hearing more from me in the future! Again, thanks for reading!