Do you think now that Nall is out indefinitely,

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it will make a difference unless Holcomb steps it up. He has looked awful imo and his passes look very flat. I personally feel that this injury upsets Jauron a lot because the QB competition is mainly between Losman and Nall.

I know it's only day 2 of camp, but all reports are he's been the worst of the 3. He's done nothing so far to think he has a chance to be anything but 3rd string. If the injury is anything significant, he's not only out of the starter's job, but has no chance at #2. That said, he'll be 3rd stringer this year, when healthy, & if he can't get to 2nd string by 2007 it's sayonara. He's not looking like a good signing right now.

I know it's only day 2 of camp, but all reports are he's been the worst of the 3.  He's done nothing so far to think he has a chance to be anything but 3rd string.  If the injury is anything significant, he's not only out of the starter's job, but has no chance at #2.  That said, he'll be 3rd stringer this year, when healthy, & if he can't get to 2nd string by 2007 it's sayonara.  He's not looking like a good signing right now.

731405[/snapback]

IMO, that's not true at all. Holcomb has been the worst by far. Today he made horrible throws that showed his arm strength has gotten worse. Nall had some good throws, but just like Holcomb and Losman, he sucked today too. All three quarterbacks were awful this afternoon. Hopefully Losman kicks it up a notch.

I think Holcomb has a sissy arm and is accurate and smart with decisions, while Losman has a cannon and makes awful decisions. We're pretty much screwed I think... :w00t:

Nall may have just tweaked his hammy but it'll definitely hurt his starting chances. Hopefully it isn't too bad and he can get back in there quickly.

I don't have much confidence in Losman or Holcomb.

He's done nothing so far to think he has a chance to be anything but 3rd string. If the injury is anything significant, he's not only out of the starter's job, but has no chance at #2. That said, he'll be 3rd stringer this year, when healthy, & if he can't get to 2nd string by 2007 it's sayonara. He's not looking like a good signing right now.

Wow, i'm glad your not my boss. two days and nall is already a bust.

IMO, that's not true at all.  Holcomb has been the worst by far.  Today he made horrible throws that showed his arm strength has gotten worse.  Nall had some good throws, but just like Holcomb and Losman, he sucked today too.  All three quarterbacks were awful this afternoon.  Hopefully Losman kicks it up a notch.

731406[/snapback]

Since I was basing my statement on what I heard on WGR, and it didn't include this afternoon, I'll take your word on Holcomb. What WGR said was JP looked the best until he threw the INT to Greer, and then went into a funk-I guess it carried over to this afternoon. They had nothing good to say about Nall. Their next broadcast is tommorrow morning at 10, so I'll check out their take on Nall's afternoon-unless 1)they're unavailable on line again, or 2)they decide to talk only about the Sabres :w00t:

I think Holcomb has a sissy arm and is accurate and smart with decisions, while Losman has a cannon and makes awful decisions. We're pretty much screwed I think... :w00t:

Nall may have just tweaked his hammy but it'll definitely hurt his starting chances. Hopefully it isn't too bad and he can get back in there quickly.

I don't have much confidence in Losman or Holcomb.

731409[/snapback]

Holcomb's noodle arm isn't helping his decisions either. He had at least 3 INTs or close to INTs if the DBs could hang on.

He's done nothing so far to think he has a chance to be anything but 3rd string.  If the injury is anything significant, he's not only out of the starter's job, but has no chance at #2.  That said, he'll be 3rd stringer this year, when healthy, & if he can't get to 2nd string by 2007 it's sayonara.  He's not looking like a good signing right now.

Wow, i'm glad your not my boss. two days and nall is already a bust.

731411[/snapback]

2 days & all the minicamps. Marv & Dick have already cut some guys based on minicamp, & Minnesota cut A.J.'s son Kyle Smith, before camp even began. So I don't think I'm being that harsh.

Since I was basing my statement on what I heard on WGR, and it didn't include this afternoon, I'll take your word on Holcomb.  What WGR said was JP looked the best until he threw the INT to Greer, and then went into a funk-I guess it carried over to this afternoon.  They had nothing good to say about Nall.  Their next broadcast is tommorrow morning at 10, so I'll check out their take on Nall's afternoon-unless 1)they're unavailable on line again, or 2)they decide to talk only about the Sabres :w00t:

731412[/snapback]

for some reason Paul Hamilton doesnt seem to like anything out of Craig Nall. I don't know why, but he has never said much positive about him. :w00t:

It depends on the severity of the injury.

There's a 'tweek', where you should take it easy for a couple of days. Being a QB although it might hamper him some, it wouldn't even prevent him from fully partaking in practice.

At the other end of the spectrum is the 'having trouble limping for weeks', which would effectively remove him from starting QB contention.

Not having seen the incident, I would assume that it's more likely toward the minor side, in which case, there's ample opportunity to continue to observe him equally w/ the the other candidates.

It seems like Losman has a bad habit of trying to make the huge play instead of being a bit more conservative and just making sound decisions. The big plays will come, he just needs to be more patient in my opinion.

Turnovers will kill this year...we need to keep them down to a minimum.