Jerry Porter asks for trade

muggins

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2530265

The Raiders want two no. 1's. Hmm.

If they wanted less I'd say he'd be a good candidate for our Bills...

Porter told the newspaper he had a run-in with Shell and receivers coach Fred Biletnikoff shortly after Shell was hired when he told them he wanted to work out in Florida instead of participating in the team's offseason conditioning program.

He could workout with Willis !

sounds like a case of the coach trying to make an example out of someone.........but based on their trade demands, they really don't want the guy to leave and are going to ride out the storm......i don't think he's even worth 1 first rounder

Porter is easily worth a first......the guy is one of the best playing.....right along with TO, Moss, and Smith......but with our QBS ....I'd feel sorry for him

729352[/snapback]

That's nuts. The guy is solid but not in that class.

Jerry Porter is the perrenial "This is the year he breaks out" wr and yet nothing. He sat for a few years behind an aging jerry rice and tim brown and then managed to put up some decent stats akin to a good #2 wr. Two firsts no way in hell a 4th then yeah. Highly overrated wr who fans seem to swoon over.

Jerry Porter is the perrenial "This is the year he breaks out"  wr and yet nothing.  He sat for a few years behind an aging jerry rice and tim brown and then managed to put up some decent stats akin to a good #2 wr.  Two firsts no way in hell a 4th then yeah. Highly overrated wr who fans seem to swoon over.

729421[/snapback]

I concur. Even though he hasnt been healthy recently when he has he does squat. I never fugure out why he isnt on one of those most overrated columns. I drafted him 2 years in a row for fantasy and have been sorely disappointed. There is no way I would give Oak. a 4th round for this hacks services. If T.O. went for a #2 no way Porter goes for two #1's I can think of a handful of players who deserve that kind of distinction.

A lot of people take that one prime time game in Denver from two years ago, in which Porter schooled Champ Bailey all night long, and assume he is that good every week. He is a real #1, and that in itself may make him worth a first-rounder, but ask a Raiders' fan, and you'll likely hear that Porter is slowing down.

A lot of people take that one prime time game in Denver from two years ago, in which Porter schooled Champ Bailey all night long, and assume he is that good every week. He is a real #1, and that in itself may make him worth a first-rounder, but ask a Raiders' fan, and you'll likely hear that Porter is slowing down.

729427[/snapback]

Sorry but no way this guy is a real #1. He just doesnt produce. If he can stay healthy and put together 2 solid seasons than you may be right, until then he is second rate at best. Guys like harrison, T.O., Steve Smith, Galloway, Moss. These guys are elite. And they wouldnt go for 2 #1's.

Guys like harrison, T.O., Steve Smith, Galloway, Moss. These guys are elite. And they wouldnt go for 2 #1's.

729436[/snapback]

Joey Galloway ?

How can you put him in the same calibre as the others you've named ?

You must be havin' a laff :lol:

Also, Moss has suddenly become very prone to injury, and he's entering his 9th year. He's not the same Moss that he was in those first 5 years with the Vikings, IMHO.

Porter is one of those sensitive types it seems. "He hasn't spoken to me, so I wanna leave. :lol: " What a wuss. I wouldn't want him on our team. We have enough #2 WR's as it is and we certainly don't need any premadonnas. The guy can't even stay healthy for a whole year. And 2 first round picks? I think the prescription drugs are going to Al's brain. He's fit for Oakland, Porter that is, and he needs to stay there.

Joey Galloway ?

How can you put him in the same calibre as the others you've named ?

You must be havin' a laff  :)

Also, Moss has suddenly become very prone to injury, and he's entering his 9th year. He's not the same Moss that he was in those first 5 years with the Vikings, IMHO.

729492[/snapback]

First of all Galloway has been very productive over the past 2 years, secondly Moss cant be productive because he has 4 guys covering him.