Landis wins Tour De france

Thailog80

Well the Tour's director kissed and made up with Armstrong, after finally realizing that if Armstrong WERE juicing, he'd have been caught like the top riders who were suspended before the Tour.

727688[/snapback]

I missed that one. Do you have a link? It would be great to see that tool back track.

The French must be pissed. Finally thought they got rid of the Americans.  :unsure:

727684[/snapback]

I've always thought Ullrich had to be fuming...finally out from under Armstrong's shadow, and gets busted for doping! :D

So what is it with TdF-winning Americans and adversity...Lemond and the shooting, Armstong and the Cancer, Landis and the hip...what's next, a guy with prosthetic legs?

Congrats to Floyd!

I missed that one. Do you have a link?  It would be great to see that tool back track.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=ap-to...ov=ap&type=lgns

MONTCEAU-LES-MINES, France (AP) -- Lance Armstrong and Tour de France race director Jean-Marie Leblanc took a step toward reconciliation Saturday, meeting on the Discovery Channel team bus.

Leblanc met the seven-time Tour winner, and the pair spoke for several minutes, said Discovery press spokesman P.J. Rabice.

"Both came off the bus smiling and shaking hands," said Rabice, who quoted Armstrong as saying "it was a good meeting."

well he's juiced that's sure, like 99,9% of the Tour winners since it has been created.

The Tour and the media are trying to make people believe that this was the first clean Tour but a clean Tour is not possible. Landis is juiced just like Armstrong was, just like Indurain, Merkx, Anquetil, Hinault, Bobet were.

And frankly i do not care. Those were all great champs, juiced or not and Floyd has won with heart and panache. Great tour Landis!

The three-week cycling season is now over. Everyone can go back to not caring until next July.

BTW, did anyone see Landis' parents? They are devout Menonites and they don't own a TV, so they had to go to a neighbor's house to watch the Tour. And they didn't see their son cross the finish line in what was probably the most important and exciting moment of his life, because they were on their way back from church. Yikes. They seem like genuine, nice people who love their son dearly, but sometimes the God-squad is scary.

The three-week cycling season is now over.  Everyone can go back to not caring until next July.

BTW, did anyone see Landis' parents?  They are devout Menonites and they don't own a TV, so they had to go to a neighbor's house to watch the Tour.  And they didn't see their son cross the finish line in what was probably the most important and exciting moment of his life, because they were on their way back from church.  Yikes.  They seem like genuine, nice people who love their son dearly, but sometimes the God-squad is scary.

727853[/snapback]

Yeah, they seemed like nice people, but just completely nuts. And I really do mean that in the nicest possible way.