If the President can cuss on TV:

News update,  Bush is about to go on a Uncontrollable Swearing Binge, brought on by Cindy Sheehan buying a 5 acre ranch in Crawford...''Their Now Neighbor's'' :P

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/07/27/D8J4FIGG0.html

You thought she was a Bush burner before? :blink::)  :blink:

730904[/snapback]

Poor lady. Plenty of other people lost sons in Iraq and oppose the war and the president. She gets national - and maybe international, I don't know - fame simply because she's gullible and easily manipulated.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor lady.  Plenty of other people lost sons in Iraq and oppose the war and the president.  She gets national - and maybe international, I don't know - fame simply because she's gullible and easily manipulated.

730910[/snapback]

She could have used the money to buy a headstone for her son's grave. I think his father finally did it a few months ago. She could have used the money to help out her other children, who want her to come home and not wander around likea nomad. The idiots in Code Pink(o), have her so messed up, they probably talked her out of the rest of the money.

She could have used the money to buy a headstone for her son's grave. I think his father finally did it a few months ago.  She could have used the money to help out her other children, who want her to come home and not wander around likea nomad. The idiots in Code Pink(o), have her so messed up, they probably talked her out of the rest of the money.

730916[/snapback]

And when your kid dies in Iraq, no one's going to B word if you buy a Ferarri with the insurance money. She spent it as she saw fit.

She could have used the money to buy a headstone for her son's grave. I think his father finally did it a few months ago.  She could have used the money to help out her other children, who want her to come home and not wander around likea nomad. The idiots in Code Pink(o), have her so messed up, they probably talked her out of the rest of the money.

730916[/snapback]

Personally, I felt bad for her, but the more I heard her, the harder it was to feel bad for her.

730916[/snapback]

Have you ever buried one of your children?

If not then you probably don't know how it feels and you certainly don't know how you'll react until/unless it happens. Losses like that can change people forever.

I hope you never find out what it feels like. How about a little tolerance? She's not hurting anyone.

Have you ever buried one of your children?

If not then you probably don't know how it feels and you certainly don't know how you'll react until/unless it happens.  Losses like that can change people forever. 

I hope you never find out what it feels like.  How about a little tolerance?  She's not hurting anyone.

731317[/snapback]

While I empathize with your loss, and hers. She's been used and manipulated to other peoples gains. You need to recognise that.

She actually is hurting people. If you cant understand that, then you need to reflect some more.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss.

Another politician uses a slur in Iowa this time.

Romney used the the term ''tar baby'' to describe the big dig in Boston..

His spokes person, cleared up  any misunderstanding. explaining romney used it to describe a ''sticky situation''.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/07/31/rom...k.ap/index.html

732155[/snapback]

"Tar baby" is racist? I thought "tar baby" was a literary metaphor used in the children's story "Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby", meaning a sticky situation. :D

"Tar baby" is racist?  I thought "tar baby" was a literary metaphor used in the children's story "Brer Rabbit and the Tar Baby", meaning a sticky situation:D

732162[/snapback]

So much for that Presidential run.

Another politician uses a slur in Iowa this time.

Romney used the the term ''tar baby'' to describe the big dig in Boston..

His spokes person, cleared up  any misunderstanding. explaining romney used it to describe a ''sticky situation''.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/07/31/rom...k.ap/index.html

732155[/snapback]

But Robert Byrd D-WV-KKK Can use the term "White !@#$" without any repercussions.

But Robert Byrd D-WV-KKK  Can use the term  "White !@#$" without any repercussions.

732209[/snapback]

Standards are different for Democrats.

732212[/snapback]

Oh noes, a Democrat said something stupid several years ago, but since he had a bunch of support from his constitutents and easily could (and will) get reelected, not to mention serving all those years, nothing happened more then a slap on the wrist?

Romney got an article posted on CNN about him apologizing/explaining it, and no "repurcussions" of any kind.

Here's the article on Byrd:

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLITICS/0...slur/index.html

The Same exact consequences (nothing) happened to both.

But, for fun, lets throw out your buzzwords, phrases, and other such things, shall we?

- Liberal Media!!!!111

- Bias!!!!!!!!!11111

- Democrats = different standards!!!!!11

- LOL THEY JUST THINK BUSH IS BAD LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

(edited because I couldn't make the other point that I wanted to in a way that I liked)

But Robert Byrd D-WV-KKK  Can use the term  "White !@#$" without any repercussions.

732209[/snapback]

Wacka, I just posted a link to the story, jeez man, next time I will add a dem to make it more appealing to your sensitive palete...

How about, a little chivas and ted, to go with the main course ;)

Ya, tar baby :D

any more brown acid, wacka?

Oh noes, a Democrat said something stupid several years ago, but since he had a bunch of support from his constitutents and easily could (and will) get reelected, not to mention serving all those years, nothing happened more then a slap on the wrist?

omg standards must be different!!!!!!!1111  RepUBLIcAnZ would be killed oh noe!!!!!!!!!!111

Huh, interestingly enough, Romney got an article posted on CNN about him apologizing/explaining it, and no "repurcussions" of any kind.

OMG WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK THAT THE SAME THING HAPPENED WITH BYRD?!?!?!?1/11111

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLITICS/0...slur/index.html

The Same exact consequences (nothing) happened to both.

But, for fun, lets throw out your buzzwords, phrases, and other such things, shall we?

- Liberal Media!!!!111

- Bias!!!!!!!!!111111111111

- Democrats are different!$@$@%@%

- LOL THEY JUST THINK BUSH IS BAD LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

(And yes, theres a reason why I wrote this post like a 14-year-old flaming on an internet gaming forum, I don't mean it to be taken personally or for you guys to think I think I'm being condescending, I just think the stereotypical stuff hurts discussion and am using ths post as an example)

732247[/snapback]

Where was the outcry from the African-American community when a white guy used the N-word?

Where was the outcry from the African-American community when a white guy used the N-word?

732261[/snapback]

For that matter, where is the outcry from the African-American community with Romney?

Hell, all I've seen throughout this whole thing is one black guy who was mad and quoted by a news agency.

No protests, picketing, or anything of substance.

IIRC Byrd also nipped it in the butt before the showing was aired, after it was taped, and apologized beforehand.

Someone just tell me if I'm a racist for reading Brer Rabbit to my niece, please...

732273[/snapback]

:D

I have actually heard the term used in a derogatory way before (or read it, not sure which, but I do recall it).

Yeah, its way overblown.