Need Dog Help

Puhonix

So I've got a two year old Italian Greyhound. He's had his shots, in good shape. A few days ago we noticed a mole like thing on his rear leg. It's red and swollen, about .5 cm big. There's no bite mark, and he doesnt show any ill effects.

Any ideas?

So I've got a two year old Italian Greyhound. He's had his shots, in good shape. A few days ago we noticed a mole like thing on his rear leg. It's red and swollen, about .5 cm big. There's no bite mark, and he doesnt show any ill effects.

Any ideas?

726218[/snapback]

My parents dog had a similar mole on leg ,high up on the thigh .

The vet prescribed an antibiotic in pill form, in two weeks the red colored mole dissapeared. I forget what it was called.

Any ideas?

726218[/snapback]

Depending on where it is located it could be the development of a callous. If he lays on hard floors most of the time it's pretty common.

Any ideas?

726218[/snapback]

My grayhound had something like that. Took her to the vet and it really wasn't that big of a deal. Pill and its gone.

My grayhound had something like that.  Took her to the vet and it really wasn't that big of a deal.  Pill and its gone.

726241[/snapback]

Remember what it was called or caused by?

Any ideas?

726218[/snapback]

You're supposed to let him lick the peanut butter off your balls, not the other way around.

Any ideas?

1st, convert the metric to English. 2.54 cm/inch, right? So it's like what 3/16 of an inch?

Pretty small, maybe like an infected bug bite.

How long has he had it? You're guessing just a couple of days. I'd wait a couple/few more to see if it changes, better or worse.

Can you inspect it well enough to ascertain that there's not like a dead tick or something there?

1st, convert the metric to English.  2.54 cm/inch, right?  So it's like what 3/16 of an inch?

Pretty small, maybe like an infected bug bite.

How long has he had it?  You're guessing just a couple of days.  I'd wait a couple/few more to see if it changes, better or worse.

Can you inspect it well enough to ascertain that there's not like a dead tick or something there?

726303[/snapback]

Not a dead tick. And its been a few days, no change.

Take the dog to the vet.  What the hell's wrong with you?

726412[/snapback]

DING DING DING

We have a winner.

Unfortunately it took this long for a smart person to come along and give you good advice.

Doubly unfortunate that you needed someone to tell you this. :doh:

DING DING DING

We have a winner.

Unfortunately it took this long for a smart person to come along and give you good advice.

Doubly unfortunate that you needed someone to tell you this. :doh:

726610[/snapback]

Ok ok, sheesh, he's going. I wasn't overly concerned with it since it's not affecting him as far as I can tell. But he's going in today.

Ok ok, sheesh, he's going. I wasn't overly concerned with it since it's not affecting him as far as I can tell. But he's going in today.

726621[/snapback]

Very good decision..

And to relieve your anxiety you can ask the vet for a scrip of doggy valium which is safe for human consumption and provides a worry free temperment works best with alcohol, or so I've heard :doh:

Very good decision..

And to relieve your anxiety you can ask the vet for a scrip of doggy valium which is safe for human consumption and provides a worry free temperment works best with alcohol, or so I've heard :D

726837[/snapback]

No thanks, I've got leftover Oxycontin from my last surgery. :P

726621[/snapback]

You mean because he's not bitching at you like a fellow Fish Fan? He's a dog, meathead. One of mine had a very invasive surgery and later the same day was jumping on and off the bed like nothing happened. They're alot tougher than we are.