O&A

I just heard that Shredd and Ragan are moving to the afternoons on the Edge and Opie and Anthony are on in the morning.  This is awesome news!

725906[/snapback]

Don't play games with me man. This is awesome news if true, but aren't they on XM?

Don't play games with me man. This is awesome news if true, but aren't they on XM?

725961[/snapback]

Yes, but they are broadcasting on free stuff, as well. They have been on here in Philly since David Lee Roth was canned. I tried listening to it a few times, but it sucked so bad that I had to change the channel. They are not as good as they were when they were on previously.

Yes, but they are broadcasting on free stuff, as well. They have been on here in Philly since David Lee Roth was canned. I tried listening to it a few times, but it sucked so bad that I had to change the channel. They are not as good as they were when they were on previously.

725967[/snapback]

That's what I'm afraid of. I haven't listened since that fateful day in August 02 or 03?

They were on top of their game back then but I had a free preview of XM a year ago and I didn't like the show as much. Hopefully opening up the listener audience to regular radio will make it regain some of that swagger they had.

725967[/snapback]

O&A was good @ some point?

Did you try 92.7 (Static) or 106.1 (Dead Air America)?  I find them far more entertaining than Opie and Anthony.

726007[/snapback]

Sorry, I cannot get Err America if I am more then 3 miles from the station. It is not powerful enough to get outside the city.

Static would have been a good option. There are several channels that broadcast it here.

I just heard about that yesterday afternoon, almost all the DJ's are going to 3 hour shows too.

O&A get Shredd and Reagans Spot and the are moving to the afternoon (Drive home time) spot that Bull has had for a while (then he moves to the noon hour spot)

I have listened to O&A a couple times years ago and found them to be a lamer Howard Stern Ripoff show and hardly entertaining. I'd rather listen to Shredd and Reagan over them.

I was never a big Opie & Anthony fan. They just didn't do it for me. And they, like everyone else, always tore on Buffalo when they got a chance.

Well, a few years back, I went down to the lake for T&A with O&A...This sh*t was scandalous!!! What was supposed to be a bikini contest quickly evolved into young women getting buck-nekkid and jamming objects into their various orafices. I was curious who brought the zucchini. Anyways, it was out of control, and absolutely hilarious. I heard that the following Monday O & A were going nuts. They said, "I know we've dogged Buffalo in the past, but they brought it! That place is out of control!" They spent about 20 minutes glorifying the Buffalo party scene. Friends of mine who do listen regularly said that any caller who says he's from Buffalo gets bumped onto the air immediately!

Finally somebody is recognizing this area for things we do well!

What was supposed to be a bikini contest quickly evolved into young women getting buck-nekkid and jamming objects into their various orafices.  I was curious who brought the zucchini. 

726222[/snapback]

I don't tune into the radio for that kind of stuff

Thats what the TV and internet is for! :lol::o

We've had O&A here in Boston for a while now and they aren't bad. I don't really compare it to Stern. They're both Shock Jocks but Howard's a 50 year old whiney girl. At least these guys are more in touch with reality. I'm pretty surprised they gave S&R the boot. I thought S&R were popular in Buffalo.

We've had O&A here in Boston for a while now and they aren't bad.  I don't really compare it to Stern.  They're both Shock Jocks but Howard's a 50 year old whiney girl.  At least these guys are more in touch with reality.  I'm pretty surprised they gave S&R the boot.  I thought S&R were popular in Buffalo.

726364[/snapback]

They didn't really give them the boot, just moved them to the drive home slot

I was never a fan of O&A. Always listened to Stern. So Stern leaves, and I ain't paying for radio (plus I didn't like Stern that much anyway-just better than the other douches on the air in the morning). They David Lee Roth comes aboard. I would have rather drilled my eardrums out with a rusty drill bit than to listing to him. It was awful. So I picked up reading on my train for a while until O&A came on free FM. They've been good. Better than Stern had been the last few years. My moring commute is now tolerable again.

They didn't really give them the boot, just moved them to the drive home slot

726422[/snapback]

But since they're on in the afternoon, they're going to have to start playing music again (unless they've already done that in the past few years that I've been gone). That will badly cut into their time, which can't be a good thing.

They've been good. Better than Stern had been the last few years. My moring commute is now tolerable again.

726448[/snapback]

So they don't spend entire shows crying about the FCC and how it is out to get them and how they are moving to Satellite.

I swear, anytime I truned the station to anyone carrying his show, thats all I would hear. Stern whining about the FCC

It will be the same show as the morning.  No music.  Plus, morning drive and afternoon drive have very similar audience sizes.

726650[/snapback]

Stations are are starting to go to a talk radio show in the afternoons for the Afternoon Drive now along with talk in the mornings. I remember for a while 92.9 (I think) in Buffalo had Howard in the morning and then O&A for the afternoon drive show.

Its going to be weird though, I grew up with Shredd and Reagan in the morning on 103.3, although I now mostly listen to a rock station from St. Catharines all day, they have a half talk, half music morning show so I prefer it a bit more when I'm driving or at work (and my radio at work doesn't like picking up 103.3 that well in my office)

So they don't spend entire shows crying about the FCC and how it is out to get them and how they are moving to Satellite.

I swear, anytime I truned the station to anyone carrying his show, thats all I would hear. Stern whining about the FCC

726654[/snapback]

Yeah, it got tiring.

I actually though O&A relied a lot on wild antics. They haven't been. They just sit back and goof on currnet affairs, celebs, newsreporters, etc.