Recent radio interviews with...

These are posts from BillsZone. Someone there posts capsules of when people are on the 103.3 The Edge morning show talking Bills stuff. Interesting tidbits that haven't been mention here on the Stadium Wall.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=103473

Chris Brown on 103.3

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=103380

Vic Carucci and John Murphy duke it out

PTR

Someone summarize, please?  It's one thing for me to scan through posts while at work...quite another to listen to audio clips.  I'm curious what these guys had to say.

721926[/snapback]

Chris Brown editor for Buffalo Bills.com on Shred and Reagan this morning had alot to say about the QB situation, saying that Mike Mularkey and company really screwed up the development of JP, saying that they told him for 8 months he would be the starter and then pulled him in the second game of the season, and that definetly had alot to do with his development or lack there of, He believes that JP will be the starter.

Martin Nance he said is got unbelieveable hands, he went on to talk about Big Ben's comments on him and how he said he would be a pro bowler in the next 5 seasons, Chris said there was not an OTA that went bye that didnt see Nance have a good catch or make a nice play, He also said that one of the things that stood out was his ability to jump and catch the ball in the redzone, and that every jump ball in OTA's went his way, and the coach Tyke Tolbert rave about his blocking as well.

Very good things to say considering Chris Brown is at every practice.

----------------------------

Vic Carucci and John Murphy have a bet for $50 on who will be the Bills starter at QB, Vic says Nall and John Murphy(co-host) says it will be JP

Topic was brought up about who was the best in minicamps especially the last one Vic said he thinks JP looked the best and was really throwing the ball with consistency, and looked like the leader of the offense, Nall struggled at times but picked it up at the end, nothing about Kelly

Def- Jonh Murphy thinks the Bills will be top 10 in the league on Defense and thinks will be alot better than last year and have a chance to push for playoffs.. Vic doesnt think so and thinks the Bills will have to be in the top 10 to even be thought of as a playoff team,

On TKO, John said he looks very determined and was running and doin drills at the OTA's and thinks he will be back to form, Vic is not so sure said that he thinks will be used sparringly at Training Camp;

Vic thinks Nall will be starter and thinks that the Bills will stink, I am hoping for improvement at all aspects and going 8-8, to young of a team and two many questions marks should make for an interesting season none the less......

Thanks Merlin!  Your summary is appreciated.

722037[/snapback]

Merlin is a great guy...but I should have pointed out that those weren't audio clips. If you had clicked the links, you would have found the same text that Merlin copied-and-pasted for you. Like I said, what a guy.

PTR

Merlin is a great guy...but I should have pointed out that those weren't audio clips.  If you had clicked the links, you would have found the same text that Merlin copied-and-pasted for you.  Like I said, what a guy.

PTR

722050[/snapback]

LOL :w00t:

I find it interetsing that neither mentions Holcomb, who is still "officially" the starter heading in. I also find it interesting that Vic says nice things about JP, but believes that Nall will be the starter. Is he saying that he believes that Marv/Jauron will impose Nall because he was the only one they hand-selected? Or is he saying that he thinks Nall will shine once training camp opens?

I find it interetsing that neither mentions Holcomb, who is still "officially" the starter heading in. I also find it interesting that Vic says nice things about JP, but believes that Nall will be the starter. Is he saying that he believes that Marv/Jauron will impose Nall because he was the only one they hand-selected? Or is he saying that he thinks Nall will shine once training camp opens?

722107[/snapback]

If you read the thread, most of the posters are puzzld by Carucci's statements as well. The consensus is that Losman must have done something to piss Carucci off, and now Vic has it in for him. If it's true, that's too bad because Vic has always been a stand-up guy. But since leaving for NFL.com, he's become more and more negative toward the Bills.

PTR

Chris Brown editor for Buffalo Bills.com on Shred and Reagan this morning had alot to say about the QB situation, saying that Mike Mularkey and company really screwed up the development of JP, saying that they told him for 8 months he would be the starter and then pulled him in the second game of the season, and that definetly had alot to do with his development or lack there of, He believes that JP will be the starter.

Oh, I believe Mularkey f***ed with JP's mind bigtime. The Bills have had general incompetents for HCs in the past but MM was right there at the bottom as far as understanding human and team dynamics. JP didn't know any better. He had to believe Clements and Mularkey knew more than he concerning the running of a NFL offense. In retrospect, that looks like a poor assumption.

If you read the thread, most of the posters are puzzld by Carucci's statements as well.  The consensus is that Losman must have done something to piss Carucci off, and now Vic has it in for him. 

PTR

722120[/snapback]

Yes.....I too remain puzzled at why Carucci doesn't project JP to the Hall of Fame.

I mean, why wouldn't he? :o

Yes.....I too remain puzzled at why Carucci doesn't project JP to the Hall of Fame.

I mean, why wouldn't he?  :o

722230[/snapback]

The puzzlement is not due to Carucci's lack of fawning over JP. It's that he says that Nall will start, but he also says JP has been the best QB in camp. :doh: Read the link.

PTR

I mean, why wouldn't he?  :o

722230[/snapback]

Bill, you're nothing if not consistent. PTR's point is that Carucci has become negative towards the Bills since joining the "national" media, and I've noticed it as well. JP is just a recent example.

My personal, unsubstantiated opinion is that Carucci -- like many other former beat writers who "go national" -- goes out of his way not to seem like a homer, and in the process becomes overly critical.

Bill, you're nothing if not consistent.  PTR's point is that Carucci has become negative towards the Bills since joining the "national" media, and I've noticed it as well.  JP is just a recent example.

My personal, unsubstantiated opinion is that Carucci -- like many other former beat writers who "go national" -- goes out of his way not to seem like a homer, and in the process becomes overly critical.

722376[/snapback]

i.e. Steve Tasker. I mean, did he ever have something positive to say about the Bills??

Oh, I believe Mularkey f***ed with JP's mind bigtime.  The Bills have had general incompetents for HCs in the past but MM was right there at the bottom as far as understanding human and team dynamics.  JP didn't know any better.  He had to believe Clements and Mularkey knew more than he concerning the running of a NFL offense.  In retrospect, that looks like a poor assumption.

722180[/snapback]

But MM took the team to the movies. He's a great coach.