Tornado touched down in Cheektowaga...

according to witnesses, tractor trailer on the 90 by the Galleria picked up by the tornado and thrown across 2 east bound lanes and 1 west bound lane. Not sure on injuries yet. Traffic a nightmare all around right now. My wife went through the 90 about 5 minutes before it hit. Needless to say, I feel fortunate. Amazing that the last two tornados in this area were right in the same place.

according to witnesses, tractor trailer on the 90 by the Galleria picked up by the tornado and thrown across 2 east bound lanes and 1 west bound lane. Not sure on injuries yet. Traffic a nightmare all around right now. My wife went through the 90 about 5 minutes before it hit. Needless to say, I feel fortunate. Amazing that the last two tornados in this area were right in the same place.

716993[/snapback]

17 Years ago, I saw the tornado that wiped out the Holiday Showcase and hit the Putt Putt on Union Rd. This tornado (the only one since then here) touched down not more than a quarter mile away. What are the odds of that?!?

Union Rd in Cheektowaga, our own "Tornado Alley over der" :lol:

17 Years ago, I saw the tornado that wiped out the Holiday Showcase and hit the Putt Putt on Union Rd. This tornado (the only one since then here) touched down not more than a quarter mile away. What are the odds of that?!?

Union Rd in Cheektowaga, our own "Tornado Alley over der" :lol:

717002[/snapback]

there are now widespread reports of pink flamingos, hundreds of them, literally ripped out of the ground throughout our fair town.

there are now widespread reports of pink flamingos, hundreds of them, literally ripped out of the ground throughout our fair town.

717009[/snapback]

I'm not quite sure how to say this without offending you so I will just say it.

F You.

To those who asked, the truck driver whose rig flipped has a broken leg.

There was a guy in the construction trailer that blew out onto Walden and he is apparently ok.

And there were minor injuries in the Subway/Good Feet building.

I'm not sure about the trailer park but there was damage there.

More at 11

:lol:

Lighten up Francis.

717071[/snapback]

Dont mind him, he bought his car on a Monday, built on on Thursday, and broke down on a Sunday.

:rolleyes:

717074[/snapback]

Oops, excuse me for having people involved which means I give a sh it when the second comment from cpabob was posted.

Espescially when it probably comes form some drunken Irish bas tard in S, buff. :pirate:

Im kidding cpabob

Called my mother who lives near Union and William. She said it landed near Broadway and the Thruway. There were also reports of wind damage near Union and Como Park. She had a few bits of loose shingles in the yard, but except for that truck drive, there are no ther injuries reported.

The tornado touched down maybe half a mile from my house. We live pretty close to the thruway too so we could hear all the sirens and whatever.

It was a crazy day. Seemed like a nice morning and then the sky turned black, hail the size of marbles came down for several minutes, and finally a tornado attacked the mall.

I don't want to point fingers but I don't think it's a coincidence that mother nature tried to destroy Buffalo the day the new Sabres logo was confirmed in the Buffalo News.

I don't want to point fingers but I don't think it's a coincidence that mother nature tried to destroy Buffalo the day the new Sabres logo was confirmed in the Buffalo News.

717100[/snapback]

This is a true Buffalo sportsfan right here :rolleyes:

:pirate:

Watched the channel 7 video clip. It landed across from the Target on Walden by the Galleria. Then it went SW over the Thruway, to the Vern Lane neighborhood (Where I spent a lot of my youth) near Union and Como Park and went to Lossen where it ended in the mobile home park next to StigilmeierPark.

It passed less than a mile from my mother's house.

Watched the channel 7 video clip. It landed across from the Target on Walden by the Galleria. Then it went SW over the Thruway, to the Vern Lane neighborhood (Where I spent a lot of my youth) near Union and Como Park and went to Lossen where it ended in the mobile home park next to StigilmeierPark.

It passed less than a mile from my mother's house.

717124[/snapback]

The nicest thing about the trailer park is that you cant see it from Losson.

If you know it's back there fine. But just driving on Losson you would never know or imagine that there is a trailer park anywhere near there.

But go figure, a Tornado touches down and there's damage at a trailer park :rolleyes:

Glad everyone's ok except for a broken bone or two. Although I really can't imagine being the guy in the construction trailer that gets rolled oved at least four or five times before coming to rest in the middle of Walden.

It wasn't those old trailers. It was the new "manufactured homes". Some of them are pretty nice. The neighborhood is less tahn 10 years old. My brother's girlfriend lives just down the street from those in a regular home.

It wasn't those old trailers. It was the new "manufactured homes". Some of them are pretty nice. The neighborhood is less tahn 10 years old. My brother's girlfriend lives just down the street from those in a regular home.

Yep, it was the Perfect Storm. A storm of epic porportions. Glad this brings out the humanity in you.

717139[/snapback]

Um ok. Perhaps you misread what I meant. At that time, I was unaware of any injuries to anyone in the trailer park.

Good enough for you?

I'm glad about their being no injuries in the trailer park despite some pretty severe damage in there.

I am also glad about the fact that you wouldn't know that a trailer park is even in the neighborhood because of how far off Losson it is, the fact you can't even see it from Losson and what it actually does for property values.

If that ain't good enough for you, oh well. Hope you and yours are ok.