The "car" thread

inkman

I dunno.  IROC-Z was more popular with the old generation wops.  I'm not a big fan of muscle cars.  I guess since I drive so much, I'd rather be comfortable as well.  There's something about hitting 200 mph with a Mercedes Benz that makes my adrenaline flow :blush:

714248[/snapback]

Wow, you mean you actually found time to drive the Benz between shop visits!

Back when I had the stock 3.55 axle in I used my flash tuner to turn off the top end speed governor and easily reached 200 MPH at the track. Driving 200 MPH anywhere but at the track is INSANE!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That pig is almost as heavy as a battleship at over 5000 lbs. It’s almost twice as heavy as my Mach 1.  Over weight, with only a 2.65 axle ratio compared to my 4.30 ratio, I’m pretty sure I’d take it in the ¼ mile easily.

714395[/snapback]

Mustang Mach 1 : 0-60 mph : 5.3 sec.

Mercedes Benz S65 : 0-60 mph : 5.4 sec.

..and with your after market adjustments, I'd say you are correct. It would be fun to test though...

Mustang Mach 1 : 0-60 mph : 5.3 sec.

Mercedes Benz S65 : 0-60 mph : 5.4 sec.

..and with your after market adjustments, I'd say you are correct.  It would be fun to test though...

714750[/snapback]

Tested specs

The stock manual trany does 0-6 in 4.7 sec.

Another advantage the Mach 1 has is the solid rear axle which helps it hookup off the line. Yes, it would be fun to test.

When we were looking for a new car (well used), consumer reports had vw's with an extremely low reliability rating.  The car we bought on the other hand...

our car

714747[/snapback]

holy crap...$20k and 40k miles

if i'd known you were looking, we could have sold you ours

we used to have a near mint 2003 EX Accord with all the same options you had with only 11k miles on it because my wife rarely drove it

she traded it in for an infiniti G35X and got reamed on the trade-in...nowhere close to 20k

Honda Fit: 0-60: "Who cares.  How do you like my highlights?  Raoul did them, aren't they just to die for?"

714753[/snapback]

8.3 seconds. What's your infatuation with my car? Do you think calling it gay really bothers me? :lol:

holy crap...$20k and 40k miles

if i'd known you were looking, we could have sold you ours

we used to have a near mint 2003 EX Accord with all the same options you had with only 11k miles on it because my wife rarely drove it

she traded it in for an infiniti G35X and got reamed on the trade-in...nowhere close to 20k

714858[/snapback]

We didn't buy that car. Our had 10k less miles on it. I wouldn't trade in any car. I sold my car on ebay. I got 4k, cash (literally) for my '96 Acura Integra GSR(80k miles). When I walked into the Honda dealership, I plopped the rolled up 20's down on the table in front of the salesman. He almost had a heart attack.... :):lol: