Well, who's worried about Bledsoe tomorrrow?

Frez

Sorry...you asked...I'm telling...I have no reason to think Drew Bledsoe will play any differently this game than he did in the last 22 games. I say if he sucks, pull him and play Shane Matthews just to see if that changes thiings. If he sucks then you stick with Bledsoe, if he wins, you keep playing him.

PTR

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Booing your QB when playing against Super Bowl champs is sad "support" to give your home team.  I would only boo Bledsoe if I was convinced he was trying to lose, or had given up on the team.  ...though I might boo Mularkey at a press conference if he didn't pull Bledsoe and it was obvious he had to go.

So far this year I'm giving Bledsoe some slack because I think he played well against the Jags, and I think he may have gotten a concussion against the Raiders.  (Does anyone know if this happened?  It sure looked like it.)  Also, until we have a viable alternative, I'll support going with Bledsoe, but will certainly let fly criticism of specific bad decisions he makes.

53081[/snapback]

If Matthews isn't a viable alternate then why did they sign him? I dont believe that Matthews cant play well if called upon.

Me either. And agreed. 

I will say though that I think Bledsoe has been coached extensively in the last year to make very conservative throws (low and away from the defender). 

53094[/snapback]

Bwahahaha! Are you serious?? Now Drew has been coached to make horrible throws even when he has time? Did you see the Raiders game? When he had time he was throwing off his back foot and shorthopping balls. I'll give you the drops, but you have some serious Drew colored glasses on.

I've been a Drew supporter since he got here but if he doesn't show something this game, I'll be just waiting for Losman to get in there and get some experience after he heals.

This is a MUST WIN game. If we lose, SEASON OVER. Playoffs over. Rebuilding begins week 4 into a new season. That would be pathetic. I'll still root for this team every week but if we lose, we don't make the playoffs.

RunTheBall

If Matthews isn't a viable alternate then why did they sign him? I dont believe that Matthews cant play well if called upon.

53634[/snapback]

I hope he plays great when called upon, but clearly goes into the season as an emergency-only QB. If Drew appears to be having some type of psychological emergency on the field, that might qualify, and Matthew could take a series while Bledsoe sits and talks to Wyche. [btw, I would have rather had Matthews on the field when Bledsoe got sacked out of FG range against the Raiders (rookie mistake!), but think Matthews on his best day would perform about the same as Bledsoe on his worst.]

With regard to booing, one of my concerns is that it will actually demoralize the team and make them perform worse. Don't worry, the coaches will see that things aren't going well. One syllable advice for making changes is not very helpful. (I'd much rather hear a chant of "Matthews, Matthews" than booing if it comes to that.) Of course you have a right to boo, seq004, as you have a right to do many things that I would criticize....

Bwahahaha! Are you serious?? Now Drew has been coached to make horrible throws even when he has time? Did you see the Raiders game? When he had time he was throwing off his back foot and shorthopping balls. I'll give you the drops, but you have some serious Drew colored glasses on.

53655[/snapback]

I agree Drew looked pretty bad for much of the Raiders game. Even throwing conservatively you need to throw a catchable ball. I also thought he looked pretty good against the Jags.

I agree with the people who have posted here that this could really be a pivotal week for whether the fans turn against Bledsoe. I, for one, thing we have bigger problems than Bledsoe. But don't get me wrong, I am eager and excited to see Losman in there when he's ready. (But Matthews?? C'mon!)

Again, does anyone know if Bledsoe got a concussion against the Raiders?

Nice job Chalk. But it's too early. Today is the day to celebrate Drew still got gas in the tank.

"Every year is getting shorrrrter.....

Drew just can't seem to find the time.......

Game plans that come to halt......

Viewing Mularkey's page of scribbled lines......

Sacking, Falling, Quiet......

Desperation is the Buffalo Bills way......

The time has come.....

The song is over......

Time for Drew to fade away......................"

"Far away, across the field........

The tolling of the Bledsoe bell.............

Drops the kool-aid drinkers to their knees........

to view Donahoe's latest magic spell......."

53612[/snapback]