Steelers QB Ben R. In Motorcycle Crash

Mark VI

Not your choice to drive up everyone's insurance rates, take up space in the hospital, increase my wait in the emergency room because the doctors are busy with you, use local/state emergency resources to cover the accident scene, reconstruct the accident, write reports, tell your family you're dead, etc.

If you lived in a vacuum where it was just you and nobody else I'd have no problem if you wanted to dump your bike at 90mph, but your actions do have residual effects.

707133[/snapback]

What do you think is safer......driving in a car with NO seatbelt, or driving a motorcycle WITH a helmet? Are you kidding me? Is there ever, any restriction on rights that you fail to support?

Don't you think that perhaps both of these restrictions are designed to maximize profits for insurance companies, or do local governments suddenly care about us? :lol:

That said, enjoy your place on the bandwwagon which supports taking away rights from property owners and individuals. :)

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the nonsense being bandied about regarding bikes being "pointless" to ride and so forth, and with all due respect to the LARGE percentage of bike/car interactions being caused by moron cagers (car drivers), let's not lose sight of the

Do you have anything to back up that opinion or are you just talking off the top of your head? I'm not trying to turn this into an argument I'm just curious. Because in my uninformed opinion it seems most motorcycle accidents are caused by motocyclists acting like idiots.

BIKE BIG BEN WAS ON

Not the actual bike but a pic of the same type of bike. I thought Ben was cruising around on a hog or a chopper without a helmet. Dude is flying around on a crotch rocket?? WTF.

707521[/snapback]

THE SUZUKI HAYABUSA GSX1300RZ IS THE FASTEST PRODUCTION BIKE MADE! 225MPH!!!1 :)

Do you have anything to back up that opinion or are you just talking off the top of your head?  I'm not trying to turn this into an argument I'm just curious.  Because in my uninformed opinion it seems most motorcycle accidents are caused by motocyclists acting like idiots.

707526[/snapback]

Can we split the difference and just say most motorcycle accidents are caused by idiots, either on the bike or off?

THE SUZUKI HAYABUSA GSX1300RZ IS THE FASTEST PRODUCTION BIKE MADE!  225MPH!!!1 :)

707531[/snapback]

It's funny that this motorcycle seems to be getting faster by the hour....first report was 189, then 200, and now 225?? By tomorrow afternoon, this thing will be topping 300!!! :lol:

Coming in late to this debate.........I'm not against taking away freedoms from anyone, but if you're riding a motorcycle on any road where there is car traffic, you're exposed.

My wife is a dietitian who spent four years at a rebab hospital. She tells the story of a young high school athelete who was speeding down one of our suburbs at night with his friends when a car pulled out in front of them. He wasn't wearing a helmet and sustained severe brain injuries. He remains paralyzed to this day and his promising college football career (to a major college on a scholarship) was gone. He was at the rehab hospital for over a month. Because of the brain injury, he initially lost his sense of what was appropriate behavior. So for example, when he felt like masturbating, he did it, regardless of who was in the room. Thank God most of his mental faculties returned, but he still has profound memory loss of significant portions of his life. It took him months just to learn how to speak again. The other thing he has is agonizing, profound regret.

So to make a long story short.............just wear the helmet.

If you choose not to, then by your actions, you accept all potential consequences.

It's funny that this motorcycle seems to be getting faster by the hour....first report was 189, then 200, and now 225??  By tomorrow afternoon, this thing will be topping 300!!! :)

707535[/snapback]

err...umm...what does that make its' time in the 40?

Can we split the difference and just say most motorcycle accidents are caused by idiots, either on the bike or off?

707534[/snapback]

Sounds good.

It just seems that I see more idiots on motorcycles these days than I used to. Don't get me wrong this isn't an indictment of motorcycles. There's a lot of skilled and responsible drivers, but more and more I see these guys hauling ass and doing stupid stunts on their bikes. It's too bad as well because I think the country needs more motorcycles not less these days.

Coming in late to this debate.........I'm not against taking away freedoms from anyone, but if you're riding a motorcycle on any road where there is car traffic, you're exposed. 

My wife is a dietitian who spent four years at a rebab hospital.  She tells the story of a young high school athelete who was speeding down one of our suburbs at night with his friends when a car pulled out in front of them.  He wasn't wearing a helmet and sustained severe brain injuries.  He remains paralyzed to this day and his promising college football career (to a major college on a scholarship) was gone.  He was at the rehab hospital for over a month.  Because of the brain injury, he initially lost his sense of what was appropriate behavior.  So for example, when he felt like masturbating, he did it, regardless of who was in the room.  Thank God most of his mental faculties returned, but he still has profound memory loss of significant portions of his life.  It took him months just to learn how to speak again.  The other thing he has is agonizing, profound regret.

So to make a long story short.............just wear the helmet.

If you choose not to, then by your actions, you accept all potential consequences.

707540[/snapback]

man, it would be great to masturbate in public without repercussions.

(Yes, i know i already have a seat reserved on the Hell Express.)

Latest report from the hospital pc is that the only injuries are to his face and head, which required 7 hours of surgery. His knees are all right.

So he broke his face on a windshield while riding without a helmet on a motorcycle that, rumor has it, can go mach 3.

What was everyone arguing about again?

Latest report from the hospital pc is that the only injuries are to his face and head, which required 7 hours of surgery.  His knees are all right.

So he broke his face on a windshield while riding without a helmet on a motorcycle that, rumor has it, can go mach 3.

What was everyone arguing about again?

707549[/snapback]

Actually, it goes MACH 3

Sounds good.

It just seems that I see more idiots on motorcycles these days than I used to.  Don't get me wrong this isn't an indictment of motorcycles.  There's a lot of skilled and responsible drivers, but more and more I see these guys hauling ass and doing stupid stunts on their bikes.  It's too bad as well because I think the country needs more motorcycles not less these days.

707544[/snapback]

I agree. You're talking about "Fast and the Furious Syndrom", no? Same little pukes that race down the road @ 100 Mph in a Civic.

-Jeff