So who's next on the rail outta here?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Troy Vincent. ;)

706377[/snapback]

i agree. We're much better off a Safety now.

Vincent was a leader on last years poor attitude team and

even though Ralph consulted w/ him on the new coach, he has to hate him for the collective bargaining agreement

Interesting thing is Coy is now listed as the #3 safety, not 2nd on the depth chart.  So it's pretty good bet that he's gone.

706396[/snapback]

That's why the "Vincent watch" is so much more interesting...Coy's bags are already packed (nobody can pay a 3rd team ST guy $700,000+).

Ryan Neufield. Plain and simple. It won't be Vincent because of the veteran leadership he provides in the secondary. If we cut Vincent then we are left with Baker and Simpson. Simpson is a rookie 4th rounder and Marv would never let him start the season. Baker has inexperience and will continue to play special teams and may step into a role in the secondary in a couple of years.

Troy Vincent will be there in NE in week 1. Sorry to bust your bubble.

If there was any compitition, i'd say Fletcher. Less than a mill cap hit.

706423[/snapback]

Don't think so. Unlike Vincent, he's still got game... but I definitely think this is his last year on the Bills since his contract's up, can't see Marv signing any older players.

Don't think so. Unlike Vincent, he's still got game... but I definitely think this is his last year on the Bills since his contract's up, can't see Marv signing any older players.

706424[/snapback]

Iwould have to agree that this is Fletcher's last year unless Marv thinks he really has a lot in the tank for three more years.

706424[/snapback]

I still haven't heard or seen any credible demonstration that the team's leader in turnovers claimed last year as he tied for the lead in both INTs and fumble recovered does not have game compared to the other members of our fatally flawed 05 D.

I'm not arguing that he is as young as he used to be or even that he is a great player, but the facts are he produced in terms of turnovers better than any other Bill last year. Like it or not them is just the facts.

When you add into this that the scheme is moving from the safety playing like an LB to the safety playing like a centerfielder it moves to his demonstrated area of strength as a former Pro Bowl quality cover guy and granted an older player but one who has seen a ton of plays.

Like any human being he almost certainly has lost a step as he has gotten older but given he had the speed to cover the other guys best WR, he had a much higher base of speed to lose a step from than Milloy. When one added in the salary fact that there was a much greater cap gain from cutting Milloy (multi millions) than the few hundred K that is still all that would be found in cuttring TV, those who argued or cutting him rather than Milloy seemed foolish to me.

Finally, the last seemingly objective argument trotted out is that we drafted a bunch of stud DBs which makes TV expendable. On the contrary, it actually heightens TX's value to the team this year (we will see about next year) as neither Yobouty or Simpsom seems ready to contribute to the the team untrl mid-season at best and having an on field teacher like TV will actually speed this process.

Perhaps Ralph is so small that he will hurt this team's ability to get Ws by cutting TV out of spite because he is Prez of the NFLPA. My sense is that I do not think Ralph is that small of a person and even if he is he and Marv want to win more now and unless he has suddenly hit the wall keeping TV provides specific benefits in terms of his 05 performance relative to the rest of the team, the scheme switch to an area of his past expertise and a definitie teaching need of talented youngsters.

I repeat all this because i do not think we can even agree to disagree on this when those who advocate his cut have presented zero beyond their seeming soap opera based dislike of a union pres for saying he should be cut.

He produced more on the field than most other Bills last year (again acknowledging the fact that a healthy Milloy is a better tackler than a healthy Vincent is not saying at all TV cannot tackle because he can, just not as well at Milloy at his best) and those who advocate his cutting have presented nothing more than fact free opinion so there is even little real there to disagree with.

^^^

Lance Schulters is another veteran FS who also had 4 INTs last year and is currently looking for a job. The difference between him and Vincent is that TV doesn't need the $$$, once he gets cut, he can kick back & enjoy life for awhile. ;)

Once again: don't read the stats, watch the games. :lol:

now I shall sing (with apologies to my fellow Coy Wire-haters)

One of These DBs on a Rebuilding Team

(Is Not Like The Others)

One of these DBs is not like the others,

One of these DBs just doesn't belong,

Can you tell which DB is not like the others

By the time I finish my song?

Did you guess which DB was not like the others?

Did you guess which DB just doesn't belong?

If you guessed 35-year-OLD Troy Vincent is not like the others,

Then you're absolutely...right!

Shelton.

706444[/snapback]

You're joking right? I mean i am not saying that it isn't a possibility or a likelihood, but who is going to be McGahee's lead blocker? He can't run through the holes all by himself.

Good call. No room for the FB in this offense, plenty of 2 TE & 3 WR formations...

I think that's why Burns is back at RB.

706447[/snapback]

;)

Where's the hurley smiley?

Joe Burns! Oh my goodness no!

I still remember Sam Gash turning back from the LOS during Joe's first play replacing an injured TH a couple of years ago. He flashed 3 fingers:

\|/

to show him the snap count after they left the huddle about 5 seconds earlier. Joe did not have a good day/season/career.

;)

Where's the hurley smiley?

Joe Burns! Oh my goodness no!

I still remember Sam Gash turning back from the LOS during Joe's first play replacing an injured TH a couple of years ago. He flashed 3 fingers: 

\|/

to show him the snap count after they left the huddle about 5 seconds earlier. Joe did not have a good day/season/career.

706482[/snapback]

True, but he has access to the same pictures that Chuck Lester does. :lol:

AND he shows up for every OTA. :lol:

I don't think he is going anywhere.

Troy Vincent will be there in NE in week 1. Sorry to bust your bubble.

706420[/snapback]

I agree he'll be the starter. But I thought the intent of this thread was to pick a starter who 50% of TSW-ers can B word about every Monday, while the other half defend his play. Wire, Shelton and Neufeld just don't have that prime-time tarbaby potential (like good old Bennie and Fat Mike had).