stopping the colts in madden

meazza

hey guys, another madden question, im in the AFC semifinal vs the colts playing in indy, my qb is quincy carter as i have released mr immobile and my offense has been rejuvinated but the problem is I can't stop manning, it seems that every play he always manages to find someone open and if i decide to blitz him he burns me no matter what, anyone got any plays i should use to stop manning?

LOL, I feel the same way about my post... and yet...

First of all, I have to assume you're playing on All-Madden... otherwise, I have REALLY wasted my time. Okay, yes, stopping Manning and the Colts is hard, but it really goes to the heart of another matter... stopping almost ANYONE in Madden is tough once you take the lead... in case you haven't noticed, there's a bit of a rally/comeback bug programmed into Madden. Unless you're unemployed, there's no way you're going to have enough time to be able to master this game so fully that you can defeat the comeback bug by shutting teams down on a consistent basis. Maybe I'm wrong and there IS a way to throttle the computer on All-Madden mode without spending 8 hours a day figuring out how... but for me, the best defense is still a good offense. You WILL be able to score on most possessions against the computer, so time it so you get the last score in the half... I mean, don't leave any more than like 15 seconds on the clock when you kick off to the computer... and if you should get the ball first in the second half, then you're set.

LOL, I feel the same way about my post... and yet...

First of all, I have to assume you're playing on All-Madden... otherwise, I have REALLY wasted my time.  Okay, yes, stopping Manning and the Colts is hard, but it really goes to the heart of another matter... stopping almost ANYONE in Madden is tough once you take the lead... in case you haven't noticed, there's a bit of a rally/comeback bug programmed into Madden.  Unless you're unemployed, there's no way you're going to have enough time to be able to master this game so fully that you can defeat the comeback bug by shutting teams down on a consistent basis.  Maybe I'm wrong and there IS a way to throttle the computer on All-Madden mode without spending 8 hours a day figuring out how... but for me, the best defense is still a good offense.  You WILL be able to score on most possessions against the computer, so time it so you get the last score in the half... I mean, don't leave any more than like 15 seconds on the clock when you kick off to the computer... and if you should get the ball first in the second half, then you're set.

52813[/snapback]

Hey, give the guy a break. I'm still trying to figure out how to not get Bledsoe drilled 35 times a game. He gets sacked on running plays for Christs sake.

Hey, give the guy a break. I'm still trying to figure out how to not get Bledsoe drilled 35 times a game. He gets sacked on running plays for Christs sake.

52817[/snapback]

you must be hitting the speed burst button to soom? i did it on some plays and he would not make the hand off.

hey guys, another madden question, im in the AFC semifinal vs the colts playing in indy, my qb is quincy carter as i have released mr immobile and my offense has been rejuvinated but the problem is I can't stop manning, it seems that every play he always manages to find someone open and if i decide to blitz him he burns me no matter what, anyone got any plays i should use to stop manning?

52738[/snapback]

blitzs, blitzs and blitzs some more. play a nickle or dime and mix in some 4-3 and blitzs B)

Since you can now set pre-snap adjustments for defensive player assignments, set a double- team on Harrison manually on every passing down, have your MLB drop into medium middle zones often, put your best corner on Reggie Wayne (since you're doubling Marvin), and rush with a DL. If your DL does not pressure the qb, try to stand your man up and jump as Manning begins to throw. This strategy will basically challenge the colts to use Edgerin James to beat you (which he still could :devil: )

i play the one right before all - madden sorry if i made u shudder lol i figure out of all theposters on this forum there should be one person who can help me, no blitzing doesnt work and im not able to score im only able to run and travis isnt fast enough to break out for a run

ive decided to restart hte game and play the cover 2

Personally, I would take the loss this season, build on defense thru free agency and the draft for next season, and then come back and win the Super Bowl next year... it'll feel like much more of an accomplishment that way... of course, if you've been re-starting all your losses all along, then just continue doing that...

Personally, I would take the loss this season, build on defense thru free agency and the draft for next season, and then come back and win the Super Bowl next year... it'll feel like much more of an accomplishment that way... of course, if you've been re-starting all your losses all along, then just continue doing that...

53417[/snapback]

lol

ur right ill do it il do the right thing, im thinking of buying the game on PC and playing an online league

u guys into that?

FWIW I just beat the Colts with the Bills on my way to winning SB39 (T.MaGee MVP) and this is how I did it.

Play the Nickel on running downs- As I'm sure you are aware, Manning will pass, pass, pass. Having an extra DB will enhance your coverage. If they run Edge, let him get his yards (within reason) because they will go back to the pass eventually because thats their game.

Use the Blitz judiciously- As evidenced last Sunday @ the Pack, you blitz Manning a lot-you lose. QB trap is a safe zoneblitz to use.

The idea is to prevent the big play so use plenty of Cover 2 and Cover 4 on 3rd and long.

Ball control- run the playclock down to 1 or 2 sec especially with the lead.

Dont panic- If they go up early, relax. You are facing the Colts defense not the 85 Bears. Run the ball, pick your spots, chew the clock, and most of all- when your are in the redzone score TD's

Good luck

FWIW I just beat the Colts with the Bills on my way to winning SB39 (T.MaGee MVP) and this is how I did it.

Play the Nickel on running downs- As I'm sure you are aware, Manning will pass, pass, pass. Having an extra DB will enhance your coverage. If they run Edge, let him get his yards (within reason) because they will go back to the pass eventually because thats their game.

Use the Blitz judiciously- As evidenced last Sunday @ the Pack, you blitz Manning a lot-you lose. QB trap is a safe zoneblitz to use.

The idea is to prevent the big play so use plenty of Cover 2 and Cover 4 on 3rd and long.

Ball control- run the playclock down to 1 or 2 sec especially with the lead.

Dont panic- If they go up early, relax. You are facing the Colts defense not the 85 Bears. Run the ball, pick your spots, chew the clock, and most of all- when your are in the redzone score TD's

Good luck

53426[/snapback]

thanks man i like playing 4-6 sending massive blitzes, worked agaisnt every team except the colts

#1 rushing defence in the league

Put Takeo Spikes at Left end in the dime. Spread line out wide, and switch there pressure direction to the outside. Control Pat williams, and smash into the RT guarding Spikes. Switch between bump and run/zone coverages in the secondary.