*World Cup Game Thread*

ajzepp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go Rooney, you douchbag.

717207[/snapback]

That had to hurt. Cleets on the nuts. I guess he wont be Jackin the beanstalk tonight! :pirate:

The divers are killing me though.

Rooney's ball crunch was the best part of this game, so far :rolleyes:

England vs Portugal.  41 minutes gone.  ONE shot.  350 dives.  Riveting. :rolleyes:

717188[/snapback]

I just went to the espn website, and on the front page was Beckham - with his frost-tipped hair - hugging some teammate with a first name of Ashley, both of whom had these goofy, effeminate smiles on their faces. As soon as I saw this, I thought to myself, "oh man, if Alaska Darin ever sees this picture..." :pirate:

Way to go Rooney, you douchbag.

717207[/snapback]

That was fuggin stupid.....Portugal has been diving all over the place cause they know they're being outplayed, and Rooney goes and gives them a break because of his temper. Not only that, but if England advances they'll do it w/out Rooney next game....dumbass.

Good guess on the numbers. Unless you're watching. :pirate:

Then again, I have no conscience.  :rolleyes:

717193[/snapback]

I was flipping channels. Saw about 10 seconds - 2 dives. The graphic showed the shots. I just extrapolated. Like I said, riveting.

That was fuggin stupid.....Portugal has been diving all over the place cause they know they're being outplayed, and Rooney goes and gives them a break because of his temper. Not only that, but if England advances they'll do it w/out Rooney next game....dumbass.

717213[/snapback]

If you actually thought that Portugal or England had a shot to win this tournament, you were wrong :rolleyes:

717213[/snapback]

Rooney has been one big disappointment. IF England happens to pull out a win, I don't think him being out the next game will be that big of loss.

I hope Beckhams injury isn't serious though. Even though he doesn't contribute a lot to the game....give him one free kick inside of 30 and he'll kill you.

If you actually thought that Portugal or England had a shot to win this tournament, you were wrong :rolleyes:

717222[/snapback]

They have as much as Italy.

Doesn't matter much what these teams do, I'm 99% certian Brazil or Germany will take it. Brazil is obviously always in a class of its own and Germany is just on fire.

I was flipping channels.  Saw about 10 seconds - 2 dives.  The graphic showed the shots.  I just extrapolated.  Like I said, riveting.

717220[/snapback]

Actually, its been a pretty good game, aside from the usual diving. In the last 40 years, I'd say this is the 10th game I've watched. I'd have probably watched more over that period of time, but the USA is so good at getting their ass kicked.

I hope it goes to Penalty kicks. Then again, maybe they should have started the game way. Game time, 5 minutes. :rolleyes:

They have as much as Italy.

Doesn't matter much what these teams do, I'm 99% certian Brazil or Germany will take it. Brazil is obviously always in a class of its own and Germany is just on fire.

717227[/snapback]

Not really..

Italy's defence is better. Goalkeeper is light years ahead. And tactically, I think Sven has lost it.

717222[/snapback]

well, like I've said all along, I want to see the best players and the best soccer, first and foremost.....I know Rooney is still recovering from the broken foot and getting his game legs back, but I'd much rather have him in the game than not.

Fuggin Crouch.....I still don't think that guy is anything but a giraffe who gets lucky from time to time

well, like I've said all along, I want to see the best players and the best soccer, first and foremost.....I know Rooney is still recovering from the broken foot and getting his game legs back, but I'd much rather have him in the game than not.

Fuggin Crouch.....I still don't think that guy is anything but a giraffe who gets lucky from time to time

717231[/snapback]

Highly overrated.

The finals will be like this.

Italia vs Brasil.

Look at the English fans, look how sad they are.  Uh guys, IT'S JUST A GAME! :rolleyes:

717245[/snapback]

Must suck being knocked out of two major Cups in a row by the same team...both times by penalty kicks.

Guess it's been a sh------- day for you.

717267[/snapback]

Wow. Fuggin French.

There isn't anyone left I really want to win. I suppose Germany by default, and I wouldn't be pissed if Portugal won (although they take to many dives for my taste.)

Hell, I hate Italy but even I'd take them over the fuggin French.

Highly overrated. 

The finals will be like this.

Italia vs Brasil.

717232[/snapback]

*sniff, sniff*.....I dunno, the smell of chicken parm, bruschetta, and vino is faaaaaaading awaaaaaaay......I'm starting to smell frankfurters, pierogies, a little sauerkraut, and BEER....... :rolleyes:

I can't believe Brazil lost.....wow.....beautiful goal by Henry, though.

Wow. Fuggin French.

There isn't anyone left I really want to win. I suppose Germany by default, and I wouldn't be pissed if Portugal won (although they take to many dives for my taste.)

Hell, I hate Italy but even I'd take them over the fuggin French.

717270[/snapback]

Why do you despise Italy so much?

The French were very underrated this tournament. This from a team that won the Euro, the World Cup and also has many of its players that have dominated in domestic and European tournaments.

But now, we must only concentrate on our hosts.

But now, we must only concentrate on our hosts.

717272[/snapback]

...who will happily host you back to Italy :rolleyes:

I can't believe this is what it's come to.  Your team vs my team.  Get ready to play biatch :)

717278[/snapback]

Yep....my "patriotic" team is no more, so I have to rely on my "team of heritage" to rid the tourney of the Italians..... :pirate:

Your raw chicken thing seems to have worked well, so I need t come up with a ritual of my own. Hmmmmm....... :rolleyes:

Ummmm you dont realise what it means for this nation do you??

A whole nation has been brought to its knees

717280[/snapback]

I'm sorry. You know half my friends didn't want to get into the WC because they feared of the type of fallout from losing. Especially after 2002 and 2000.

BASTARD ARGIE REF.  BASTARD CHRISTIANO RONALDO.

England were robbed by cheating diving Portugese bastards.

I am not happy.

Fug the world cup.

717277[/snapback]

Sorry for the loss, Nick.....I was rooting for England, myself, and really figured they'd win. I still don't know if rooney was booted because of the nut crunching or the shoving, but either way you have to admit it was pretty stupid. England was clearly outplaying them, and when Rooney was booted the whole momentum of the game switched to Portugal. When beckham went out and Lennon came in, I really thought you were going to put up a few. But there's no way Mr. Roboto was going to lead you to the semis, so I blame the loss on Rooney. He let you guys down big time, IMO.