Anyone see the racism in soccer Sportscenter?

Pete

I have had many people tell me about it- I have yet to see it myself( I can only take so many booyahs). Unbeleivable. Fans throwing bananas at their own goalie, nazis in Spain. I heard a prominent player was seig heiling on the field. Who were the players? Can someone fill me in on specifics please? The world is a !@#$ed up place

I have had many people tell me about it- I have yet to see it myself( I can only take so many booyahs).  Unbeleivable.  Fans throwing bananas at their own goalie, nazis in Spain.  I heard a prominent player was seig heiling on the field.  Who were the players?  Can someone fill me in on specifics please?  The world is a !@#$ed up place

705843[/snapback]

I saw it. It was completely beyond anything you could have imagined here in the year 2006. Apparently it's cool to be a nazi again.

unbelieveable, the nerve of these foreigners, i mean we would never ever do anything like that..would we Mr. Ewing?????? :D

I have had many people tell me about it- I have yet to see it myself( I can only take so many booyahs).  Unbeleivable.  Fans throwing bananas at their own goalie, nazis in Spain.  I heard a prominent player was seig heiling on the field.  Who were the players?  Can someone fill me in on specifics please?  The world is a !@#$ed up place

705843[/snapback]

I saw it. It was disguisting. Seriously, it's 2006. Get a life. My personal opinion is people who are racist don't get laid enough. Probably, a lot of Germans are just pissed that the hottest woman from their country, Heidi Klum, married Seal. It's truly sad and hopefully it won't show up at the World Cup.

I saw it.  It was disguisting.  Seriously, it's 2006.  Get a life.  My personal opinion is people who are racist don't get laid enough.  Probably, a lot of Germans are just pissed that the hottest woman from their country, Heidi Klum, married Seal.  It's truly sad and hopefully it won't show up at the World Cup.

705865[/snapback]

The worst problems re: nazis are in the former Eastern bloc countries, especially East Germany and Poland. Both have pretty virulent hooligan elements and because the way 'Uncle Joe' and his descendents decided to teach the locals that Nazism/Facism was a capitalist disease and nothing to do with the 'workers' was never crushed the way it was in West Germany.

Recent history elsewhere with poorly thought out immigration policies tied with scaremongering elements & Islamic tensions have fanned the flames of racism pretty much accross Europe, sadly.

Truth be told there is racism of some sort to some degree just about everywhere. I am painfully aware of the attitudes of some of my more moronic countrymen, but I have seen it to varying degrees in Canada, the US, Oz & New Zealand, and I am well aware of its existance elsewhere.

Fact is there are morons everywhere, although its emergence in continental Europe amongst soccer fans is painful to most supporters.

705843[/snapback]

Not worse than Paolo Di Canio.

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http...s&ct=image&cd=1