Saban Love Fest

Two sattelite NFL channel hosts were commenting on how great Saban is and that he made a great move hiring the former Bills head coach as offensive coordinator. Their reasoning was that he really knows the division opponents. Correct me if I am missing something, but don't 2 out of 3 division opponents have totally different coaching staffs with different schemes? The only team that may resemble the last few years is New England and Malarkey didn't exactly have them figured out! I'm sure these guys were not impressed with Malarkey when he was calling the plays for Buffalo! Oh well, I guess we need to deal with the Saban love fest until the Dolphins start losing again.

Oh well, I guess we need to deal with the Saban love fest until the Dolphins start losing again.

705054[/snapback]

Start losing again? They haven't exactly started winning in the 1st place....at least from my perch. They look to be improved this year, but they haven't done anything yet. They have to win before they can start losing again. Otherwise its just more losing.

Two sattelite NFL channel hosts were commenting on how great Saban is and that he made a great move hiring the former Bills head coach as offensive coordinator.  Their reasoning was that he really knows the division opponents.  Correct me if I am missing something, but don't 2 out of 3 division opponents have totally different coaching staffs with different schemes?  The only team that may resemble the last few years is New England and Malarkey didn't exactly have them figured out!  I'm sure these guys were not impressed with Malarkey when he was calling the plays for Buffalo!  Oh well, I guess we need to deal with the Saban love fest until the Dolphins start losing again.

705054[/snapback]

Meathead is back in his element. An OC with a strong head coach who will keep him from making many dumb mistakes. Your point about division opponents is correct though.

These are the doldrums for football. It can't be easy to fill a 24-hour football talk channel when there is absolutely nothing going on. These guys are just polishing Saban's knob because he's the sexy coach right now. As soon as another shiny object distracts them, they will move on.

PTR

Meathead is back in his element.  An OC with a strong head coach who will keep him from making many dumb mistakes.  Your point about division opponents is correct though.

705091[/snapback]

Cowher couldn't stop Mularkey from making many dumb mistakes. Cowher was set to get rid of him when TD bailed him out. Mularkey is so dumb that I place him on the top of the list of OCs to be fired before completing the '06 season.