National Championship Predictions:

Buffan00

Oh no you didn't.

Texas beat 3 teams that finished the season in the top 10, 4 teams in the top 25.

Texas beat opponents in 9 games that were in a bowl game.

USC beat 6 teams that were in a bowl game.

USC beat 5 top 25 teams, with 1 being in the top 10.

That means that Texas only played in 4 games against non bowl opponents, whereas your runners up, USC, played in 7, which is greater then 50% of their schedule.

Take your bull sh-- about the National Champs someplace else.

733036[/snapback]

Way to contribute with your hideously biased crap nobody cares about.

Lousiana-Lafayette, Rice, Baylor. Colorado in the championship game - ha. I don't care who USC did or didn't play. The Big XII was a joke. Not that that's Texas' fault, but whatever, call a spade a spade at least.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to contribute with your hideously biased crap nobody cares about. 

Lousiana-Lafayette, Rice, Baylor.  Colorado in the championship game - ha.  I don't care who USC did or didn't play.  The Big XII was a joke.  Not that that's Texas' fault, but whatever, call a spade a spade at least.

733183[/snapback]

You obviously care enough to have posted that last time and this time.

Biased? My post was to prove that it wasn't a "joke", and I pointed out both the good and bad opponents they played.

All you did was point out the same thing.

By the way, of the 3 teams you listed, only Baylor is in the big 12.

You were comparing different team's schedules, but all you want to compare is teams that support your point of view.

And you call me biased? rofl

Biased?  My post was to prove that it wasn't a "joke", and I pointed out both the good and bad opponents they played.

All you did was point out the same thing.

Fine. In the context of the thread (the ND discussion) we were clearly discussing the worst opponents of a given contender, not the schedule as a whole. Only a Texas fan would get defensive about that.

By the way, of the 3 teams you listed, only Baylor is in the big 12.

So? They scheduled LA-Lafayette volunatrily? Oh that's much better then.

You were comparing different team's schedules, but all you want to compare is teams that support your point of view.

And you call me biased? rofl

733247[/snapback]

Umm, yeah. You're a Texas fan. I couldn't care less about Texas one way or the other. So rofl.

Fine.  In the context of the thread (the ND discussion) we were clearly discussing the worst opponents of a given contender, not the schedule as a whole.  Only a Texas fan would get defensive about that.

Yeah, except for the fact that you called the Texas schedule a joke, which I took the time to say it wasn't.

You referred to it as a whole, and now you are trying to say you weren't.

Pick one please.

So?  They scheduled LA-Lafayette volunatrily?  Oh that's much better then.

Oh noes, they scheduled a cream-puff the first game of the season, just like everyone else! Again, the point was a schedule as a whole.

Umm, yeah.  You're a Texas fan.  I couldn't care less about Texas one way or the other.  So rofl.

You're still posting about it, you care so little about it. rofl.

And you've admitted to being biased. Fun!

I think that Ohio State has a very good chance, but the defense is what concerns me. Replacing 9 starters is always tough and Ohio State has arguably the toughest OOC schedule in the B10. But I see the schedule like this:

N. Illinois: A very difficult first game. Garrett Wolfe and a very good O-line come to Columbus for an early test of a very young, but talented D.

Texas: Should be a thriller like last year, with a better ending this time. This is where the D needs to step up, and the same needs to be said about Colt McCoy, the young Texas QB. With experienced, fast WRs, Texas will need him to take advantage of the mismatch in our secondary.

Cincinnati: Easiest game on the schedule.

Penn State: Won't be as physical as last year, but it will be intense. I want nothing more than to get some revenge. Also, this is the first game with the students on campus, should be loud.

Iowa: Toughest game of the year other than Michigan. First B10 road game, at night, the place will be a zoo. Drew Tate had a rather disappointing year coming off a spectacular sophomore campaign, look for him to have a great senior season.

Bowling Green: Added game instead of a bye. Good call considering we've lost the first game after a bye the past three years. Last time we didn't have a bye week OSU won the NC.

Michigan State: On the road against a very good QB in Drew Stanton. He tore us up last year until the blocked FG. Question for MSU will be their O-line and D. If they beat Michigan or ND and come into the game with some momentum this could be the trap game for the Bucks.

Indiana/Minny/Illinois: I don't see any problems with these three teams.

Northwestern: It will be an emotional year for the Wildcats and they will struggle. Last time we played them at their place we lost, but I don't see it happening this year.

TSUN: Always the toughest game on the schedule no matter what. It isn't the greatest rivalry in sports for nothing.

All in all, I see this team going 10-2 or 11-1 and getting the B10 Rose Bowl bid. I would love to go to Glendale, but I would be fine with a trip to Pasadena.

Guest Guest
Exactly...my Noles open up against Miami! Then we roll out the creampuffs.

Whats crazy is that FSU has 8, yes EIGHT, home games this season.

734408[/snapback]

Yes, 8 games of Fabiola Romero in high def!

Guest Guest
Exactly...my Noles open up against Miami! Then we roll out the creampuffs.

Whats crazy is that FSU has 8, yes EIGHT, home games this season.

734408[/snapback]

With all of the guys now suspended for Miami for that game, it surely can't be considered as big of a match-up. If Miami wins, FSU must really suck this year. Miami probably won't score without their best WR and HB on the field. That leaves Wright to Olsen and you can't tell me they won't see that one coming.

With all of the guys now suspended for Miami for that game, it surely can't be considered as big of a match-up. If Miami wins, FSU must really suck this year. Miami probably won't score without their best WR and HB on the field. That leaves Wright to Olsen and you can't tell me they won't see that one coming.

734668[/snapback]

I'm not questioning the fact that Miami will miss their top receiver and back, and I'm sure FSU is happy they can face the U without those guys. However, I'm positive Miami can insert two VERY talented players, who will have five weeks of practice with the first team. It's a bit harsh to conclude that FSU sucks if they lose this game to a top-10 caliber team, especially in Miami.

Texas: Should be a thriller like last year, with a better ending this time. This is where the D needs to step up, and the same needs to be said about Colt McCoy, the young Texas QB. With experienced, fast WRs, Texas will need him to take advantage of the mismatch in our secondary.

733915[/snapback]

Don't be so sure its gonna be McCoy, its up for grabs between him and Snead, and from what I've heard, Snead looks damn good.

I think WVU is a favorite because of their schedule.  When Louisville and Pitt are your toughest games, you have a good shot at going undefeated.

I'm not dogging ND's schedule, they do have some toughies in there and there are games they will lose if they don't play their best.  You can't blame them for middle-of-the-road teams like GT, Purdue, and UNC, because like I said, if they were a member of a conference they would have 3-4 'easy' wins every year from the lower tier teams.  Just because they're independent doesn't mean they have to schedule all 11 games from the top-25.

I also understand their long-standing agreement with Navy.  But adding Army and Air Force this year creates a trifecta that probably hasn't been seen in many, many years from a title contender.

732086[/snapback]

it isn't about going undefeated. if they go undefeated and Texas and Ohio State do as well, there is NO WAY WVU plays for the championship.

it isn't about going undefeated. if they go undefeated and Texas and Ohio State do as well, there is NO WAY WVU plays for the championship.

735442[/snapback]

Oh yeah no question...But as the BCS conferences go, they certainly have the easiest path to an undefeated season. Basically, beat Louisville and Pitt and they are gravy. It is realistic that if they were one of only two undefeateds, they would play for the national title.

Not to bust balls Joe, I know you were just using an example to make a point.. but Texas and OSU can't BOTH be undefeated this year- they play each other!!! :lol:

Oh yeah no question...But as the BCS conferences go, they certainly have the easiest path to an undefeated season.  Basically, beat Louisville and Pitt and they are gravy.  It is realistic that if they were one of only two undefeateds, they would play for the national title.

Not to bust balls Joe, I know you were just using an example to make a point.. but Texas and OSU can't BOTH be undefeated this year- they play each other!!!  :lol:

735544[/snapback]

Week 2 in Austin!!!!!!

Can't wait!!!!

National Championship ...only need to know 3 letters....

W

V

U...

LOL.....If they can get past Marshall in game one....

WVU has a cream puff schedule and Coach Rod has to get the players in a strong mindset for each game...So they don't get over confident....

Actually, I'd love to see Marshall beat WVU in the first game ....

I have 1 daughter at each school....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.