Indy 500

udonkey

Great race...even better finish.

If anyone's interested, here are my pictures from yesterday:

http://www.michaelgalati.com/thumbnails.php?album=13

699558[/snapback]

We were cheering like crazy for Marco. Just couldnt hold off hornish. Hornish had the better car tho. If he didnt lodge his head in his rectum, he'd have passed marco with 2 laps left, not with 1/4 miles left. Theres something with the andretti name, since mario.

That was such a great ending, when Marco passed his dad for the lead, all I could think of was either his dad has to be extremly proud, or that kid is going to get such a whoopin from his dad for ruining his last chance at winning the Indy.

Great finish though, it would have been nice seeing the 19 year old rookie win it, but do we really want to go through the next few months having this kid pushed down our throats seeing him everywhere cause he was 19 years old and won?

On a side note, I mostly tuned in to watch my girlfriend (even though she doesn't know it) Danica race. I have had problems trying to watch spike TV's the powerblock ever since she left. :lol:

I was at the race as well. It looked like you were in the same area as I was (Grandstand A), just up the track further to the start/finish line. I was directly across from Hornish's pit. You are a much heartier soul than I am being there at 9:00am. I got in at 11:00.

I was at the race as well.  It looked like you were in the same area as I was (Grandstand A), just up the track further to the start/finish line.  I was directly across from Hornish's pit.  You are a much heartier soul than I am being there at 9:00am.  I got in at 11:00.

699815[/snapback]

I was in Sec. A, Row B, right across from Helio's pit.

There was an older gentleman with a Bills seat cushion in my row, but I didn't say anything (was it you?) - I was wearing the '06 Bills draft hat.

I was in Sec. A, Row B, right across from Helio's pit.

There was an older gentleman with a Bills seat cushion in my row, but I didn't say anything (was it you?) - I was wearing the '06 Bills draft hat.

699907[/snapback]

I was in Box 33, Row JJ of Grandstand A.

how much do Indy tickets cost? I would like to go some day

699910[/snapback]

Ticket prices vary due to location. Infield tickets cost $20 - sightlines are limited, sit on the grass.

Our tickets are $85 ea. Craigslist.com had a pit row box seat for $899.

This is something I think that everyone should do once.

I've wanted to go to the Molson Indy in Toronto (closest I can get to the Indy 500 right now) When I was younger, my Dad could have gotten cheap passes for the races and access to the pits through GM where he was working but passed on them. I think it would definitly be an experience, although I don't know how interested I would find watching a car go around in a couple hundred times, I'd just be sitting there wishing I was driving the car!