Those Crazy D.C. Legislators

Let's hold up rescue efforts while we save the pets

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060523/ap_on_...et_evacuation_4

The House passed the Bill (HR 3858) and passed it on to the Senate

Old ladies and hamsters first ?

697491[/snapback]

One serious issue they had with the NO evacuation is that people refused to be evacuated if they couldn't take their pets with.

In that context...yeah, it kind of makes sense. If your goal is to evacuate EVERYONE, requiring pets to be evacuated as well makes that goal more achievable.

Sure sounds stupid, though...

One serious issue they had with the NO evacuation is that people refused to be evacuated if they couldn't take their pets with. 

In that context...yeah, it kind of makes sense.  If your goal is to evacuate EVERYONE, requiring pets to be evacuated as well makes that goal more achievable. 

Sure sounds stupid, though...

697505[/snapback]

But who will drive the buses? <_<

In that context...yeah, it kind of makes sense.  If your goal is to evacuate EVERYONE, requiring pets to be evacuated as well makes that goal more achievable. 

You're talking about an animal

If you have the choice to go sans pet and refuse - that's your thing

Why are we still overrun with "Katrina" puppies ?

http://lonsberry.com/writings.cfm?go=4

Yes, I own a dog - but it would never be a factor in a life & death decision

It's time to be real - not sentimental

You're talking about an animal

If you have the choice to go sans pet and refuse - that's your thing

Why are we still overrun with "Katrina"  puppies ?

http://lonsberry.com/writings.cfm?go=4

Yes, I own a dog - but it would never be a factor in a life & death decision

It's time to be real - not sentimental

697540[/snapback]

I wouldn't leave without my dogs - but I likely wouldn't need evacuating anyway.

I wouldn't leave without my dogs - but I likely wouldn't need evacuating anyway.

697687[/snapback]

Ditto.

I can see how some people consider it stupidity to stay for pets, but then I can certainly understand why some people wouldn't leave w/o them. It's the same reason why someone wouldn't leave w/o their children.

But who will drive the buses? <_<

Haven't you ever seen "Tinkles the Driving Cat" on SNL? :P

Ditto.

I can see how some people consider it stupidity to stay for pets, but then I can certainly understand why some people wouldn't leave w/o them. It's the same reason why someone wouldn't leave w/o their children.

Haven't you ever seen "Tinkles the Driving Cat" on SNL? <_<

697768[/snapback]

Toonces the Driving Cat

Ditto.

Haven't you ever seen "Tinkles the Driving Cat" on SNL? <_<

697768[/snapback]

I don't watch SNL.

697687[/snapback]

It's a good thing you don't live in New Orleans because if there were more of you there, Nagin would have NEVER, EVER, EVER been re-elected.

Those !@#$ing morons deserve the craphole future they just elected.

It's a good thing you don't live in New Orleans because if there were more of you there, Nagin would have NEVER, EVER, EVER been re-elected.

Those !@#$ing morons deserve the craphole future they just elected.

697998[/snapback]

Oh, come on. He's not that bad. He even had the foresight to write "Blame the federal government when things go wrong" explicitly into the new evacuation plan... :(

Oh, come on.  He's not that bad.  He even had the foresight to write "Blame the federal government when things go wrong" explicitly into the new evacuation plan...  :(

698004[/snapback]

You need to think more chocolatey. In fact, that's the new promotion for bringing people back to New Orleans, and Nagin is having t-shirts made up right now.

WELCOME TO NEW ORLEANS. THINK CHOCOLATEY.

They have their genetic future incorporated in their pets? :(