Attn: Soccer Fans

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

U.S. vs. Morocco.  7pm tonight on ESPN2.

It's a friendly match, basically a World Cup warm-up for the U.S.  It's their first appearance since naming the official WC team.  Could be interesting.

696652[/snapback]

Hey, I think we're up to like 8 now....

And thanks for that, I didn't realize they were playing tonight!

Woo-hoo, I'll be at the game...

696656[/snapback]

Assuming that was a false alarm on my sarcasm detector....I guess that makes 9 :lol:

Where are they playing??

lol....this is like the scene in 'Dead Poets Society' where everyone begins standing up on top of their desks, one at a time, in defiance of those who were trying to keep them from taking part in what they believe in....

"O, Captain, my Captain!"

lol....this is like the scene in 'Dead Poets Society' where everyone begins standing up on top of their desks, one at a time, in defiance of those who were trying to keep them from taking part in what they believe in....

"O, Captain, my Captain!"

696699[/snapback]

I was thinking more like the end of Revenge Of The Nerds, but I'm with ya. My name is gringo starr and I'm a soccer nerd.

I was thinking more like the end of Revenge Of The Nerds, but I'm with ya.  My name is gringo starr and I'm a soccer nerd.

696703[/snapback]

LOL, yeah, that's probably more appropriate

I can't wait to watch some of these world cup games in HD!!

696704[/snapback]

If my stupid cable company would get ESPN2 in HD, I could literally see every single WC game in all its glory. Two out of three ain't bad, though, assuming the ABC broadcasts are actually in HD. MAN, I hope we come out of our group and make it to the single elimination round......I can't wait to watch tonight and see Eddie Johnson flying down the field...I just wish Freddy Adu had made the team, even if they only used him for a few mins here and there. That kid could really have an impact on the face of soccer in America. The only 'good' reason not to have him on the team, IMO, is if they REALLY think they have a shot at the cup, and they didn't want to have him as a distraction since he would have gotten very little playing time. Otherwise, makes more sense to me to include him and help promote what he brings to the table.

I'm only in if I get to bang a cowbell...

696805[/snapback]

That sounds painful and a bit strange, but I say go for it!!