Pre/Post game Sabres Rituals....

I bought an old Blue and Gold Sabres Jersey on ebay, before the Playoffs started...I got a great deal for $55 from some guy in Edmonton..It arrived the day before the Philly/Buffalo Opener...so I have been wearing the Jersey and a Miller Beer hat for all of the games...for the second round I decided to step it up a notch.. so I buy an airhorn before every game...we use it as our own goal horn for road games...it also works well for Lets Go Buffalo...about 15-20 of us watch the road games in a red barn, next to Connors Hot Dog Stand in Angola...nothing like a 60 inch Big screen in a work barn...Good TIMES...I have never had this much fun from a playoff run in my life....LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!!

ahhhhh Sweet Victory...

I have tried so many rituals over the years (sitting in the same spot for a game, wearing a particular jersey, wearing the same Sabres hat, etc).....and they have not worked...so I tried something new this year:

Not wearing ANY Sabres jerseys, shirts, hats....just regular everyday clothes...and so far...it is working like a charm!!! ;);)

Love the Old School Sabres jerseys tater!!

I am still convinced we lost our second Super Bowl because I purchased and wore a new hat the day of the game instead of the same hat I wore all year.

I never wore the new hat again. It sits in my office with about 30 other Bills hats. What I'll never understand is why I thought buying a Bills hat made out of corduroy was even remotely a good idea.

That's right. Our second SB loss...my bad.

No real rituals...Sabres are 3-0 in playoff games I have attended this year, and they are 3-0 when I watch them at my friend's house in Lancaster. They are 2-3 when I watch at my place. I also subscribe to the Miller beer theory, and have been drinking the High Life (unless I'm in attendance at the arena.) Other than that, nothing superstitious about my clothing/seat/etc.

LA, speaking of Super Bowls, my dad was walking into the stadium in Tampa for SB XXV with one of his good friends when the guy says to him, "You know, I've never been at a Bills game in person when they've won." My dad flipped out, "Jesus Christ man, what are you doing here? How come this is the first I've heard about this?" Then they both decided that it was only the Giants and it would be an easy win anyways.....

I am still convinced we lost our second Super Bowl because I purchased and wore a new hat the day of the game instead of the same hat I wore all year.

I never wore the new hat again. It sits in my office with about 30 other Bills hats. What I'll never understand is why I thought buying a Bills hat made out of corduroy was even remotely a good idea.

That's right. Our second SB loss...my bad.

692265[/snapback]

Thanks. Thanks a lot. Jerk. ;)

*sigh*

Well, that explains that one. Which of the rest of you was buying new clothes during Super Bowls 25, 27, or 28? Let's get to the bottom of this right now.

LA, speaking of Super Bowls, my dad was walking into the stadium in Tampa for SB XXV with one of his good friends when the guy says to him, "You know, I've never been at a Bills game in person when they've won."  My dad flipped out, "Jesus Christ man, what are you doing here?  How come this is the first I've heard about this?"  Then they both decided that it was only the Giants and it would be an easy win anyways.....

692275[/snapback]

;);)

I have tried so many rituals over the years (sitting in the same spot for a game, wearing a particular jersey, wearing the same Sabres hat, etc).....and they have not worked...so I tried something new this year:

Not wearing ANY Sabres jerseys, shirts, hats....just regular everyday clothes...and so far...it is working like a charm!!!  ;)  ;)

Love the Old School Sabres jerseys tater!!

692256[/snapback]

Every game i watch "live" they lose. Every game i start watching an hr or two later, they win :rolleyes:

TIVO only till they lose one

During the 1999 Cup run my brothers and I would write the number and last name of the player that we felt needed the most voodoo support for that particular game on our arms. My player of choice was usually "42 Dick" (For Richard Smehlik). In the first round it was usually just one player on the arm, but after each round the writing became more excessive. We wrote numbers on both arms, chests, stomachs, etc. By the time the playoffs ended we were covered in faded Sharpie marks all over our bodies. We've also experimented with wearing full hockey equipment during the game, if the Sabres are in need of a rally. I no longer live with my brothers, so I have not written anything on my body for this playoff run, and so far it's working. I do think the number writing tradition has continued back at home with the rest of my bros.

also for game 5 we had mini hockey sticks..taped up, with players names written on the blade..if your guy scored..everyone mobbed you..as if you scored the goal...good times..you can see the sticks hanging up over my shoulder in the pic...above the siren and next to the popcorn machine ;)

also for game 5 we had mini hockey sticks..taped up, with players names written on the blade..if your guy scored..everyone mobbed you..as if you scored the goal...good times..you can see the sticks hanging up over my shoulder in the pic...above the siren and next to the popcorn machine ;)

692341[/snapback]

That's good sheet tater. I scored $60 with the big Pominville goal...There was 10 of us watching the game at my buddy's house. With 10mins left in the 3rd, it was 2-2, everyone threw in $5 and picked their player for the winner. No lie, I took Pominville (some stroker took Fisher from the Sens!!!) Then when it went to OT, everyone threw in $1 and picked another guy, with your first player carrying over into OT. I took Campbell with my OT choice. Well, you know the rest, P'ville nets me $60 (which quickly disappeared at the bar afterwards. Pominville is a generous man when it comes to buying beers!)

You'll be at Rd 3 tater? I'm going to the first home game, Game 3...Not sure where the seats will be- I think my buddy's girlfriend is knobbing some dude off to get these tix. As of now I don't think I'll be at Game 4, and we are in for Game 6 if it gets there.

That's good sheet tater.  I scored $60 with the big Pominville goal...There was 10 of us watching the game at my buddy's house.  With 10mins left in the 3rd, it was 2-2, everyone threw in $5 and picked their player for the winner.  No lie, I took Pominville (some stroker took Fisher from the Sens!!!)  Then when it went to OT, everyone threw in $1 and picked another guy, with your first player carrying over into OT.  I took Campbell with my OT choice.  Well, you know the rest, P'ville nets me $60 (which quickly disappeared at the bar afterwards.  Pominville is a generous man when it comes to buying beers!)

You'll be at Rd 3 tater?  I'm going to the first home game, Game 3...Not sure where the seats will be- I think my buddy's girlfriend is knobbing some dude off to get these tix.  As of now I don't think I'll be at Game 4, and we are in for Game 6 if it gets there.

692351[/snapback]

I have tix for all of the games..bringing my wife to game 3, then it is drunken madness with a buddy of mine for the rest of the games..hopefully for a home clincher..where I may start myself on fire in celebration...

Did you travel to Ottawa for game 5?  That must have been you on fire that set the arena alarm off during the handshake.

692354[/snapback]

speaking of which, how nice was it that the tool on ice camera man had a Felons sweat shirt on while a Buffalo team was celebrating. Omen for the NFL year?