Sabres Ticket Question?

Hi everyone,

I have a chance to buy a block of 8 tickets to games 3, 4 and game 6. My question is should i do it??? Before you say do it, hear me out. My intention is to use several seats and sell a few as well. Are people in Buffalo willing to pay $150.00 or more for 300 level seats? I know the Canadian fans will, but I would hate to get stuck with a bunch of uppers and only get face value or less. My other thought is are people going to hold off spending money with the thought that they will go to the Stanley Cup games instead??????? A scalper friend of mine mentioned last night, that Cup tickets would be $300.00 for uppers and $450.00. Most will say they would never spend that much for a ticket. Trust me, having gone to the Lightning/Flames Cup games, it was so worth it. Your thought on this issue are greatly appreciated. Thanks Doug in Florida

Buy them and sell me game 4 tix

692152[/snapback]

yes, use some and sell some. This idea is changing somewhat with the news that you can only buy 4 per person per game. I know it is hard for many to pay that kinda money out for a hockey game.

Hi everyone,

I have a chance to buy a block of 8 tickets to games 3, 4 and game 6. My question is should i do it??? Before you say do it, hear me out. My intention is to use several seats and sell a few as well. Are people in Buffalo willing to pay $150.00 or more for 300 level seats? I know the  Canadian fans will, but I would hate to get stuck with a bunch of uppers and only get face value or less. My other thought is are people going to hold off spending money with the thought that they will go to the Stanley Cup games instead??????? A scalper friend of mine mentioned last night, that Cup tickets would be $300.00 for uppers and $450.00. Most will say they would never spend that much for a ticket. Trust me, having gone to the Lightning/Flames Cup games, it was so worth it. Your thought on this issue are greatly appreciated. Thanks Doug in Florida

692150[/snapback]

I hooked up with a season ticket holder in Carolina a few years back when the Canes made a run to the Stanley Cup finals. We got her to buy us 8 seats. We used 4 of them ourselves and sold the other four.

For the Eastern Conference Finals, we used the 4 that were 3 rows from the glass, and sold the four that were in the bottom level, row 22. The face value on them were $65, and we sold them for $80 a piece. So, we made $60 per game.

Here's the biggie. When they made the Stanley Cup Finals......we used the 4 seats 3 rows from the glass, and sold the other 4 in row 22. Face value on the four seats were $125. We sold two games, 8 tickets total to Detroit fans for $400 PER TICKET. We made $3,200 ($2700 profit) and paid for all of us to go the the Stanley Cup Finals games and then some. It sucked cuz we wanted to sell one more game, but the series was over in 5.

You'll get your money easily, especially in the cup finals games, should the Sabres get there. I have the same setup this year in Carolina. I love going to the games, and use the other 4 seats to pay for my trip. If they make the finals, you get a great profit.

Hi everyone,

I have a chance to buy a block of 8 tickets to games 3, 4 and game 6. My question is should i do it??? Before you say do it, hear me out. My intention is to use several seats and sell a few as well. Are people in Buffalo willing to pay $150.00 or more for 300 level seats? I know the  Canadian fans will, but I would hate to get stuck with a bunch of uppers and only get face value or less. My other thought is are people going to hold off spending money with the thought that they will go to the Stanley Cup games instead??????? A scalper friend of mine mentioned last night, that Cup tickets would be $300.00 for uppers and $450.00. Most will say they would never spend that much for a ticket. Trust me, having gone to the Lightning/Flames Cup games, it was so worth it. Your thought on this issue are greatly appreciated. Thanks Doug in Florida

692150[/snapback]

So let me get this straight, you are looking for advice on whether or not you should buy some extra tickets to scalp? Scalping tickets should get you membership into the National Association of Scum Bags. I am sorry, but I freaking hate scalpers.

I'm going to try to buy some tickets online and sell them.......I don't think you'll get stuck with them....

9:00 am Wednesday am

692183[/snapback]

Or instead, you could not do that and let people who actually want to go to the games buy tickets.

So let me get this straight, you are looking for advice on whether or not you should buy some extra tickets to scalp? Scalping tickets should get you membership into the National Association of Scum Bags. I am sorry, but I freaking hate scalpers.

692449[/snapback]

They aren't scalpers anymore, they are called "Ticket Brokers"

Sadly though, there will always be people willing to pay the prices they demand. The Sabres made an excellent deal to people willing to buy season tickets by giving them playoff tickets for almost nothing, and the rest of the fans who could not afford to get season tickets are now getting screwed over by the season ticket holders who are buying extras just to sell for a profit.

692449[/snapback]

So why do you hate capitalism so much, commrade? ;)

PTR