Scout's Inc. Chat

Rico

we will only cut vincent if our draft pick can out shine him in camp. bu i dout that will happen this year.

we dont need another RB. we have a-train, we dont need henry.

rodgers will get signed cheap by someone quick. i dout it will be the bills since we have so many WRs as it is.

keep troy,

if someone goes down he is still a decent corner

691365[/snapback]

No hes not. TV is a a great character guy but his days are numbered. The only position he could play now is at FS. He does not have the speed to cover a #1 or #2. He has a great football mind and will help alot in the development of these young guys. We wont cut him for that reason alone.

If Simpson has a good camp dont be surprised to see him in there very soon. The cover 2 we run is not that difficult of a defense to learn.

No hes not. TV is a a  great character guy but his days are numbered. The only position he could play now is at FS. He does not have the speed to cover a #1 or #2. He has a great football mind and will help alot in the development of these young guys. We wont cut him for that reason alone.

If Simpson has a good camp dont be surprised to see him in there very soon. The cover 2 we run is not that difficult of a defense to learn.

691376[/snapback]

Yeah, the guy was only the co-lead in interceptions (4, tied with McGee) and Fumble Recoveries (2, tied with Fletcher)...he can't keep up...

Yeah, the guy was only the co-lead in interceptions (4, tied with McGee) and Fumble Recoveries (2, tied with Fletcher)...he can't keep up...

691391[/snapback]

If you think he had a good year last year,

don't read the stats, watch the games. :P

If you think he had a good year last year,

don't read the stats, watch the games. :P

691421[/snapback]

Vincent may have looked bad at times, but it was because he was trying to cover up for the snail like Milloy - who was a huge liability in pass coverage. Milloy was usuallyb beaten so bad, he wasn't even on your TV screen to take the blame- which is why Vincent got the abuse.

Vincent may have looked bad at times, but it was because he was trying to cover up for the snail like Milloy - who was a huge liability in pass coverage. Milloy was usuallyb beaten so bad, he wasn't even on your TV screen to take the blame- which is why Vincent got the abuse.

691502[/snapback]

I'll partially give him that... still no excuse for his horrible arm-tackling, at least Milloy had a cast on his thumb.

I loved it when TD signed him, thought he'd be a nice upgrade over Lil' Antoine. I think it's clear he looked a lot better at CB than FS... good idea & worth a try, but he's just no Rod Woodson. It's not his fault that McGee turned out to be a stud. Again, I wouldn't mind if he stays, I just don't think the numbers are looking very good for him right now.

Two problems with that.

Vincent will be cut, but there is that lingering thought in the back of my mind that says he will stay ONLY to help out with Whitner and Simpson. I know Bowen could do the same thing but with 3 young safeties they need help.

My problem lies in saying that Dan Wilkinson and Duce Staley will be cut. With the departation of Jerome Bettis (none of that "parking the Bus" bull), Duce Staley has been refered to down here as near perfect of a replacement as they can get with a speed runner in Fast Willie followed by the 4th and goal runner Bus (who, would now be Duce, who can also barrel through but actually gets tackled sometimes).

Dan Wilkinson is another of my "wtfs!?" in this post. He's old, sure, but he's still got the talent to clog the middle. The Wiltrain will ride!

TH was coming off a 1,300 yard season and was the MVP of our offense.  So how do the Bills reward him?  They draft his replacement with a 1st round pick.  Seems pretty harsh to me.  It seems that TD could have used the pick on something to actually help a playoff caliber team.  Obviously, if Willis becomes the back we all believe he can be, then it will be a good pick.  Right now, it looks like another one of TD's questionable moves.

Just curious, what did the Bills do to Cribbs?

691248[/snapback]

Drafting an RB is anything but a slap in the face and if you're a professional you should know that. Just keep working, and the BS should take care of itself.

The Bills screwed Joe Cribbs out of an incentive bonus. They were paying him relative peanuts, and he had a nice little bonus due if he were to reach a particular number of rushing yards. They sat him for most of the last game and he missed the mark by, I think, 15 yards. They didn't pay him the bonus. THAT'S when things went down hill with Cribbs. (It is also true his agent was an asswipe.)

Oh, so the Ints were off of badly underthrown balls...?

691556[/snapback]

TV didn't totally suck, and he did make some nice INTs and fumble recoveries. He looked to be a step or two slow and he really stunk it up with missed tackles (that's the biggest problem, IMO). While he was never Winfield as a tackler, he used to be better than that.

With that said, I'd keep him if he looks good in camp and dump him if he doesn't.

TV didn't totally suck, and he did make some nice INTs and fumble recoveries.  He looked to be a step or two slow and he really stunk it up with missed tackles (that's the biggest problem, IMO).  While he was never Winfield as a tackler, he used to be better than that.

With that said, I'd keep him if he looks good in camp and dump him if he doesn't.

691582[/snapback]

Yes indeed... the only thing in your post I would change is that I'd keep him only if he looked a whole lot better than one of our younger DBs who are also on the bubble.... if not, I think his age will be the tie-breaker in determining a roster spot.

Yes indeed... the only thing in your post I would change is that I'd keep him only if he looked a whole lot better than one of our younger DBs who are also on the bubble.... if not, I think his age will be the tie-breaker in determining a roster spot.

691595[/snapback]

I can go with that. I have to think his experience will help him a LOT. It's good with a team this young to have a couple of experienced mentors. I'd like to see him play that role...IF he can still bring it on the field.

I can go with that.  I have to think his experience will help him a LOT.  It's good with a team this young to have a couple of experienced mentors.  I'd like to see  him play that role...IF he can still bring it on the field.

691715[/snapback]

We need to keep TV. The Bills are not devoting enough resources to the secondary. We should be looking at the free agent market just in case TV gets injured again.

Are there any safeties on the trading block? Perhaps if we give up an early 07 pick we can snag another one, or at least another corner.

The secondary is the most important phase of any NFL team; the safety position in particular. Every championship team in history placed the safety position #1 on their priority list. They don't grow on trees, ya know?

We need to keep TV. The Bills are not devoting enough resources to the secondary. We should be looking at the free agent market just in case TV gets injured again.

Are there any safeties on the trading block? Perhaps if we give up an early 07 pick we can snag another one, or at least another corner.

The secondary is the most important phase of any NFL team; the safety position in particular. Every championship team in history placed the safety position #1 on their priority list. They don't grow on trees, ya know?

691747[/snapback]

You know we're playing the 1-10 this year, dontcha Bill?

691747[/snapback]

The Saints are still shopping Dwight Smith... all they want is a 3rd in 2007. :lol: