Pittsburgh drafts...

and what seems to stick out in my mind is that they pick players that they like for their systems and not just the best player available. I recall that when they took Casey Hampton, he was taken to play the 3-4 nose and that's who they wanted all along, even if he was a reach. Same with Polamalu. They really fell in love with the guy. Both of these picks worked out very well for the team. Their draft strategies just stuck out as a little different than other teams as they picked a player that fit the system.

That's what I think people are missing about our first pick. Sure we, could have traded the pick and went to the next best player on our board, etc. and picked up a extra picks. But I think if you find a player that has all the intangibles, is a need and fits your system, you'd be silly to pass him up just so you can speculate on another player your less sure of. And you might have players on the bench that are decent players, but you need players that excel in your system to win the superbowl and not just players that were good value on draft day.

Such logic has no place on this board. Levy and Wilson should be in diapers attended to by teen orderlies in a decrepit nursing home.

Sorry, but that's what the negative nancies feel even if they don't say so outright.

:lol:

Yes, exactly. If someone disagrees with the Bills' strategy, they are not Bills fans.

Sorry, but that's what the negative nancies feel even if they don't say so outright.

687839[/snapback]

Yes, exactly.  If someone disagrees with the Bills' strategy, they are not Bills fans.

687841[/snapback]

I think you were the one who was attacking TD before last season. If not, I apologize. I was with you there when people were on your case for your criticism. I disagree now because while TD had had 4 years to work out at that point, I think a new administration at OBD deserves the benefit of the doubt at least until the season starts.

For the record, I like virtually every move Marv has made in the offseason from the head coach to free agency (Peerless aside)... the first pick is the only gripe I have... we'll see how it goes.

I think you were the one who was attacking TD before last season. If not, I apologize. I was with you there when people were on your case for your criticism. I disagree now because while TD had had 4 years to work out at that point, I think a new administration at OBD deserves the benefit of the doubt at least until the season starts.

687863[/snapback]

Yes, exactly.  If someone disagrees with the Bills' strategy, they are not Bills fans.

687841[/snapback]

Along the lines of "...you are either with us or against us" to Bills supporters?

:P

For the record, I like virtually every move Marv has made in the offseason from the head coach to free agency (Peerless aside)... the first pick is the only gripe I have... we'll see how it goes.

687864[/snapback]

why are people down on the price signing? he's not that expensive (not that the cap is even an issue), and he's probably good for 60+ catches and 12-13 ypc. he's certainly proven that he's capable of it, and that would be very solid production for a #2.

why are people down on the price signing? he's not that expensive (not that the cap is even an issue), and he's probably good for 60+ catches and 12-13 ypc.  he's certainly proven that he's capable of it, and that would be very solid production for a #2.

688010[/snapback]

Because people see "$10 million" and immediately believe it's way too much. It is too much, if it was all guranteed. But it isn't, and he won't necessarily see all that money. But that's not important; the total is!

The Bills signed Josh Reed and Peerless Price to deals similar to one another. I would rather combine those two salaries and get a more talented receiver... in any case, I'm not vehemently against the signing -- just don't necessarily agree. The guy was out of the league, and couldn't even crack the Cowboys' squad. That does make me worry....

why are people down on the price signing? he's not that expensive (not that the cap is even an issue), and he's probably good for 60+ catches and 12-13 ypc.  he's certainly proven that he's capable of it, and that would be very solid production for a #2.

688010[/snapback]