Can anyone give me positive advice

I love the Sabres, that win yesterday was amazing. However, watching the game yesterday i became extrememly nervous, i was thinking during the whole game that it was obvious the sens were a better team, we won and i think we stole that game. I want to see our sabres win the cup and i think we have a more then good shot at going down against these sens. Can anyone give me some reasons to think we are the better team here...

I love the Sabres, that win yesterday was amazing. However, watching the game yesterday i became extrememly nervous, i was thinking during the whole game that it was obvious the sens were a better team, we won and i think we stole that game. I want to see our sabres win the cup and i think we have a more then good shot at going down against these sens. Can anyone give me some reasons to think we are the better team here...

685541[/snapback]

No.

Just go with it.

685541[/snapback]

The better team doesn't always win. See Super Bowl 25, Bills vs. Giants. :w00t: Seriously, the Sens are good but the Sabres finished with the same number of wins and 2 fewer points I beleive. Plus while I though the goaltending was pretty even, Miller looked pretty bad while Emery was horrible. 7 goals on 23 shots. There's your reason. :lol:

Speeeeeeeeeed

Youth

Hunger

Miller edges Emery.

4 lines that can score

Mobile D

Buffalo deserves it.

Edit:  and my lucky charms ---------------->  YA YA's

685548[/snapback]

Those are some nice ya yas!

685541[/snapback]

well you are up 1-0. that's a good start.

685541[/snapback]

As a Longhorn fan, I sort of know how you feel. Watching the Longhorns face the Trojans in the Rose Bowl this year, I will be honest, the media had me believing that the Horns should be very satisfied with their inevitable runner-up title. Nobody gave them a chance, the Trojans were officially proclaimed, by the four letter network, as the greatest college football team of all time...we all know what happened. The Horns showed that they could hang with the Trojans, and beat them.

Going into this second series of the NHL playoffs, I did not hear one "expert" predict that the Sabres would win this series. Maybe, because most of the NHL analysts have their roots in Canada, I have heard nothing but embarassing praise for Ottawa. However, I really do not honestly believe that they, right now, are all that superior to the Sabres.

Ottawa dominated Buffalo in the first 5 games of the regular season, no question. I wanted no part of them, and was convinced, at one point, that Buffalo would make it to the Stanley Cup finals, as long as someone else eliminated Ottawa on their behalf.

Just the fact that the Sabres were able to score so many goals, no matter if they won or lost (although the road "W" is very nice) shows that this Buffalo team can play with Ottawa, right now. Buffalo is playing with a ton of confidence, maybe even a little healthy arrogance. Not sure how much you follow the NHL year to year, but Ottawa has had a recent history of putting together terrific regular seasons, and choking in the playoffs.

I know the past doesn't mean anything now, but keep in mind, Ottawa has lost both previous playoff series to the Sabres. Sometimes, those nasty trends have a way of repeating themselves, as we all know.

One thing I have not heard any mention of, is that in the Flyers series, and again in game 1 against Ottawa, the Sabres have been consistent. Offensively, against both teams, Buffalo has been able to find ways to set up pretty plays, and take advantage of defensemen and goalies being out of position. Not every team can do this as well as the Sabres have, all season, minus that nasty March lull.

Meanwhile, Philly, and to some extent Ottawa, have gotten a their fair share of ugly, slashing, sloppy goals. I know, either way, a goal is a goal, but the Sabres ability to execute, even against teams that are supposedly defensively superior, is pretty encouraging.

Part of the reason that Ottawa appeared so dominant for a good part of game 1, was that they were on the power play a fair amount of time. Quite a few of Buffalos' penaltys came to an end, with Ottawa already set up in the Sabres defensive zone.

I don't want to be over-confident, but I don't really think Ottawa, right now, is that far superior to Buffalo. Just try to enjoy it!

The better team doesn't always win.  See Super Bowl 25, Bills vs. Giants.  :(  Seriously, the Sens are good but the Sabres finished with the same number of wins and 2 fewer points I beleive.  Plus while I though the goaltending was pretty even, Miller looked pretty bad while Emery was horrible.  7 goals on 23 shots.  There's your reason.  ;)

685546[/snapback]

That might be true but I ain't complaining. :(

Ok first of all, the senators are not better than the sabres. If miller hadn't gotten hurt in the morning skate before the first ottawa game in november, we wouldn't have been beaten 15 to negative 8. That would have given us the division title. The senators have that giant chara, who's a decent defender, but lets see what happens when he gets off his game. The sabres are equal to the senators in wins, talent level, and ability. Right now we have the edge in heart too... Don't forget the 1999 eastern conference quarterfinals. The senators were supposed to blow the sabres off the ice. Hasek (or in this case, roy/connolly/drury) stole game 1, and the series was over then. We eventually swept them, with unknown mike peca holding the media annointed tedy bruschi idol, alexi yashin to zero points. This is the playoffs... not some video game, not some sports writer making picks, not a friggin monkey. We also have the X factor... Lindy ruff, the best playoff coach in sabres history, and best one still in the current playoffs.

Miller>Emery

Oh yeah, and for advice, go to http://www.sabresreport.com and register to talk hockey over there!

Positive advice? I made this statement in this thread on Friday at 12:34pm:

Sure Ottawa is talented, but come on...The bottom line is, WHO THE FUK IS RAY EMERY?  Light this dude up!!!

684544[/snapback]

I can see Miller stepping up his game, I don't think he'll be as jittery with the rebounds again as he was in Game 1. Emery, on the other hand, will probably play the same way all series. I see the Sabres scoring 4 goals per game without a problem.

Positive advice?  I made this statement in this thread on Friday at 12:34pm:

I can see Miller stepping up his game, I don't think he'll be as jittery with the rebounds again as he was in Game 1.  Emery, on the other hand, will probably play the same way all series.  I don't see 4 goals being a problem for the Sabres.

686203[/snapback]

I think the "Dora the Explorer" break is really going to hurt the Sens. They needed to get right back on the ice the next day, instead of having the weekend to stew. Emery is likely to overplay tonight. That said, I hope the Sabres looked up the word "Defense" over the weekend.

685541[/snapback]

Who cares that the sens are a better team, Detroit was a better team then Edmonton, how did that turn out?

All that matters are the W's. If you score more goals like Buffalo did, you get a W, which makes you better then the other team.

As for the guy who said who is Emery? He is a backup goalie now starting in Ottawa cause our favorite former Sabre is nursing yet another groin injury. He is from somewhere (atleast lived for a while) in mid/lower Ontario (Cambridge I think) and played some junior hockey for Welland (in southern Ontario, about 25 minutes from the Peace Bridge) where I'm from (and Dan Paille!). I didn't even know this until some of my friends told me the other day that he used to play here

(Yes I know you were being sarcastic, I just figured I would share this little tid-bit of info about him)