SABRES WIN 7-6

You will not see Biron this post season barring some very strange circumstance (Miller injury, Sabres desperately needed a "karma" change, or something of that nature).  I'd be nearly shocked if you see Marty in either of the back-to-backs.  You will NOT see him start in game 2.

He is a good goalie, but he is not better than Ryan is, nor does he have the same upside potential that Ryan has.

The reason why they'd "give up" on him is Ryan is better.  It's that simple.  (Also, I wouldn't say they gave up on him.  He is still on the roster and Mika is not.)  Marty is probably the 20th best goalie in the league (some days I'd say top 15, some days top 30-35), but Ryan is better than that.  There are teams in the NHL that Marty could start for, but there are several (including the Sabres) where he would only be the 2nd best (or in the case of a team like San Jose - 3rd).

685455[/snapback]

Good post. I thought it was funny when people here were calling for Marty to start in that lil funk we had toward the last few games. Miller IS a rookie and people tend to forget that. Lindy sticking with him was a great move. Like you said in your post, UPSIDE.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching TC's game tieing goal again... Where was Ottawa's fifth skater?

All I count was 4... Was it a 4 on 4?... I didn't think so... I thought Buffalo had 6 with Miller pulled?

There was a shift change right before...

???

685513[/snapback]

It was a 4 on 4. McKee and a Sen went off for coincidental roughing minors when the Otters took the lead 6-5.

Drury's goal was scored 4 on 4 as well.

I musta woke up several neighbors when I yelled "OHMYGAWD" when Drury scored...I got one phone call asking if everything was OK...LOL

Call this the "Don't Blink" series...If ya blink your'e gonna miss a goal..

and the trips to the frig better be quick ones too...

I musta woke up several neighbors when I yelled  "OHMYGAWD"  when Drury scored...I got one phone call asking if everything was OK...LOL

Call this the "Don't Blink" series...If ya blink your gonna miss a goal..

and the trips to the frig better be quick ones too...

685626[/snapback]

Moved a TV, mini-fridge, and microwave into the bathroom, myself. I don't want to miss a thing. :w00t:

great win for the sabres. Good luck  the rest of the series.  The sabres and ottawa are definitly gonna have to tighten up on defense.  It was painful to watch the goalies getting hung out to dry like that.  Miller came up with some big saves in the 3rd that really kept you in the game. Congrats on the offensive show down.

685085[/snapback]

Agreed Kraze. That was a crazy and entertaining game that defied logic. Give the Sabres full marks for stealing it. Was awesome to listen to. :lol:

P.S. Speaking of "tightening up the screws," are your Devils going to in time for Game Two Monday night? :w00t:

Great game but I would think real hard about starting Biron :lol: (whom I thinks the better of the two Goalies) on the next one.

Biron is more mature and can play shutout hockey wich we need in the playoffs.

I still don't understand why we spent so much time on Biron to give up right when the kid is ready to take the next step.

He's a Great Goalie and deserves more respect!!!! :w00t: 

But WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

685179[/snapback]

I understand your points but you don't do that now. Miller is the guy who got ya here. So you ride him. He's the man.

Thanks for the "congrats"...i know you like the devils so you like defense....but we gave up an entire year of hockey so that the NHL could get fixed....and that game was the absolute epitome of the new NHL.  The whole point of the rule changes were to allow a team to come back in the last minute of a playoff game, instead of letting the team who is up by 1 trap the other team to death and win a 2-1 snoozer.  These two teams and this style of play is the future of the NHL, this is what people want to see.

685309[/snapback]

Yes and no. As a diehard Ranger fan, I liked them a lot better when they backchecked and didn't take shifts off and played disciplined hockey before the last month and a half.

It's true I want to see exciting hockey. And if you have a 3-2 or 4-3 game with some nice goals and some clutch goaltending, you're going to get that.

I don't like shootouts because that means no D is being played and players aren't paying the price.

A good mixture is what it's all about.

It was a 4 on 4.  McKee and a Sen went off for coincidental roughing minors when the Otters took the lead 6-5. 

Drury's goal was scored 4 on 4 as well.

685602[/snapback]

In the my hyper fit watching the game it must have escaped me... :(:(

So with Miller pulled it was 5 on 4... Wow... That puts an extra attacker right at Emery's doorstep!