Sabres

Will the Sabres advance to the next round past Ottawa?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Sabres advance to the next round past Ottawa?

• Yes
    • No

Looking at the teams remaining in the playoffs, this series is arguably the real Stanley Cup Finals.

684454[/snapback]

Ummmmmmmm, OK, despite the fact that New Jersey is on absolute fire right now, and Carolina, the #2 seed has won 4 games in a row. As good as Carolina is though, New Jersey looks like the cup team they were back in the day.

They are the best team in hockey at the moment. Let me just add that New Jersey has now won 15 games in a row.

Ummmmmmmm, OK, despite the fact that New Jersey is on absolute fire right now, and Carolina, the #2 seed has won 4 games in a row.  As good as Carolina is though, New Jersey looks like the cup team they were back in the day. 

They are the best team in hockey at the moment.  Let me just add that New Jersey has now won 15 games in a row.

684475[/snapback]

True, Jersey is scary. Not all that impressed with the Hurricanes though.

True, Jersey is scary.  Not all that impressed with the Hurricanes though.

684492[/snapback]

Right on. NJ is the best team in the league right now, and it's almost scary as to how far. Carolina can be beat. I actually went to two games in Raleigh. Their games are very rowdy, it's fun, but it's amazing they won that series. They were outskated the entire series but created better chances than the Habs. It was a weird series. I would say that 70% of the series was played in Carolina's end, but the Canes were able to win. NJ though, is a different beast, which makes saying the Sabes - Ottawa series is basically the cup final is totally ignorant.

Being a Bills season ticket holder though, I wish the Sabres luck, but I think they are just as much an underdog right now as Carolina is to NJ. Despite NJ's lower seed than the Canes.

Ummmmmmmm, OK, despite the fact that New Jersey is on absolute fire right now, and Carolina, the #2 seed has won 4 games in a row.  As good as Carolina is though, New Jersey looks like the cup team they were back in the day. 

They are the best team in hockey at the moment.  Let me just add that New Jersey has now won 15 games in a row.

684475[/snapback]

NJ is good. Carolina won 4 straight against a mediocre team that was missing its best player but who cares. The point is that it's odd that two of the three best remaining teams are playing in the 2nd round.

NJ is good.  Carolina won 4 straight against a mediocre team that was missing its best player but who cares.  The point is that it's odd that two of the three best remaining teams are playing in the 2nd round.

684500[/snapback]

LOL, I'm just playing devils advocate here to have some fun? I'm impartial here, but if I had to rank the first round losers in terms of who the best of the losing bunch was, I would say the Sabres beat the 2nd worst team of the bunch behind NJ beating the Rangers. The Flyers aren't exactly that good of a hockey team. The Canadiens have some nice young talent, and have size and speed. They are up and coming, as opposed to built wrong for today's NHL and slow like the Flyers. The Canes lost their first two at home and came back and won four in a row which is impressive.

You guys better hope the Sabres aren't losing that blue collar, plugger mentality, like the fans seem to have, or you'll be outta there in a quick five games. Here's hoping you guys get Ottawa the hell outta there though, but c'mon, the Sabes are the lowest remaining seed of the 4 teams left for a reason. I don't think anything changed that thinking in anyone's mind after one round of the playoffs. Buffalo and Carolina are verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry similar though. And close in talent. If Carolina wouldn't have lost Erik Cole though, they would be right up there with New Jersey and Ottawa. Too bad for them. Good for you guys.

Good Luck Sabes....it's always nice when a Canadian team gets eliminated from the playoffs. Here's hoping it happens again. :lol:

LOL, I'm just playing devils advocate here to have some fun?  I'm impartial here, but if I had to rank the first round losers in terms of who the best of the losing bunch was, I would say the Sabres beat the 2nd worst team of the bunch behind NJ beating the Rangers.  The Flyers aren't exactly that good of a hockey team.  The Canadiens have some nice young talent, and have size and speed.  They are up and coming, as opposed to built wrong for today's NHL and slow like the Flyers.  The Canes lost their first two at home and came back and won four in a row which is impressive.

but c'mon, the Sabes are the lowest remaining seed of the 4 teams left for a reason.  I don't think anything changed that thinking in anyone's mind after one round of the playoffs. 

684526[/snapback]

And what reason might that be? Because it has nothing to do with them having the fewest points of the 4 teams left...or winning fewer games than anybody left.

For what reason was Philly seeded higher than Montreal? Because they're older and slower?

If we play like we did the last 2 games, Ottawa does not stand a chance. Also, I agree that NJ is the team to beat from here on out. If they reseeded based on performance, it would be NJ, OTT, BUF, CAR in that order. GO SABRES!

I'm a believer. I think the Sabres pull it out...but THIS is the toughest series for them, IMO. WAY tougher than the Devils would be.

but c'mon, the Sabes are the lowest remaining seed of the 4 teams left for a reason.

684526[/snapback]

Actually they are the lowest remaining seed cause they were in a division with the East leading Senators. New Jersey got the #3 spot cause the league has the rule that each division leader gets the 1-3 spot then it goes by points.

Buffalo had more points then NJ and almost as much as OTT and CAR

I think NJ is a little overrated, they are on a hot streak at the right time, and they had the Rangers first round. Carolina has just proved that they are riding the hot young goalie right now and can be beaten. Ottawa is back down to earth now that Hasek is out and they can be beaten. All 4 teams in the East should not be counted out cause anything can happen, and right now it only takes one hot streak to knock out the so-called favorites.

Actually they are the lowest remaining seed cause they were in a division with the East leading Senators. New Jersey got the #3 spot cause the league has the rule that each division leader gets the 1-3 spot then it goes by points.

Buffalo had more points then NJ and almost as much as OTT and CAR

I think NJ is a little overrated, they are on a hot streak at the right time, and they had the Rangers first round. Carolina has just proved that they are riding the hot young goalie right now and can be beaten. Ottawa is back down to earth now that Hasek is out and they can be beaten. All 4 teams in the East should not be counted out cause anything can happen, and right now it only takes one hot streak to knock out the so-called favorites.

684716[/snapback]

how quickly some people forget the points and season that showcased how good the sabres were, only to be blinded by the words "fourth seed"

Lindy Ruff needs to be able to adjust as teams will try to trap.

New Jersey and their fifteen game winning streak? Fifteen? That is incredible!

The NHL record for consecutive wins is 17 by the Penguins in 1993.

Ottawa was almost unstoppable in the beginning of the year. They are still very dangerous.

Go Sabres! Bring Buffalo that long awaited championship!

I think Buffalo can beat Ottawa, but it won't be easy. We won't just be able to skate by a bunch of pillars like we did in the last series. Ottawa has played well against us all season and though we did take the last three from them, I think this will not be easy.

On NJ, they are very good. I live in Raleigh and many of my friends are Canes fans. They're not real happy right now. Carolina will probably lose the series, but I think it will take six or seven games. I would just like to point out that if the Sabres and Devils win, the odds are we won't get to the Cup finals. Lv is right. The Sabres haven't beaten NJ on the road in FIVE years. Not since 2001. They'd have four home games we'd have three. There's your series final. But, stranger things have happened. We weren't supposed to go to the finals in 1999 and we weren't supposed to be here either.

GO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!