Texan Cuts

JoeF

Texans cut two 28 year old large defensive tackles in Junior Ioane and Jerry DeLoach...they may be camp fodder but we still need help at the "1" tackle position...worth the vet min or even a two year contract with a small bonus to put them in the field...particularly DeLoach...

Texan Cuts

DeLoach from Scouts Inc.

Comment:

DeLoach doesn't make many big plays, but he does an excellent job of holding his ground at the point of attack and keeping blockers off the linebackers. Has decent instincts, shows the ability to locate the ball carrier and rarely gets caught out of position. Plays under control in space and has enough athletic ability to make plays on the move. Plays with a non-stop motor and will make some plays with second effort. Lacks the explosive first step to shoot the inside gap and won't make many plays in the backfield. Isn't fast enough to consistently turn the corner as an end and doesn't show great closing speed to the quarterback. He doesn't have great range and is better in a short area fist fight.

No thanks, I will pass. Lets wait to see who else gets the axe in camp. There is always a fat a-- that gets cut and comes back to form by the start of the season. I would believe that the boys have there eyes open and there hearing aids turned up. Go get em boys.

I think we're settled at DT from the regime's perspective.  I think they don't mind at all starting the season with Trips/McCargo and Anderson/Williams as the DT rotation.

683471[/snapback]

I really wouldnt mind adding a real big body for1st and 2nd down or short yardage. Grady Jackson wouldnt be a bad idea but he wants to much money. That is one expensive food tab.

I really wouldnt mind adding a real big body for1st and 2nd down or short yardage. Grady Jackson wouldnt be a bad idea but he wants to much money. That is one expensive food tab.

683476[/snapback]

Rather than Grady, what about Brenston Buckner? He is available and was always known as a character guy. Maybe adding an vet like him would help out the young players.

McCargo is slated to play the same position as Triplett, at least on running downs. That leaves Tim Anderson and the rookie Williams. I would like to see the Bills add a veteran DT as a stop gap for this season. Not sure if they will carry 5 DTs on the 53 man roster.

Texans cut two 28 year old large defensive tackles in Junior Ioane and Jerry DeLoach...they may be camp fodder but we still need help at the "1" tackle position...worth the vet min or even a two year contract with a small bonus to put them in the field...particularly DeLoach...

Texan Cuts

DeLoach from Scouts Inc.

Comment:

DeLoach doesn't make many big plays, but he does an excellent job of holding his ground at the point of attack and keeping blockers off the linebackers. Has decent instincts, shows the ability to locate the ball carrier and rarely gets caught out of position. Plays under control in space and has enough athletic ability to make plays on the move. Plays with a non-stop motor and will make some plays with second effort. Lacks the explosive first step to shoot the inside gap and won't make many plays in the backfield. Isn't fast enough to consistently turn the corner as an end and doesn't show great closing speed to the quarterback. He doesn't have great range and is better in a short area fist fight.

683453[/snapback]

Scouts inc doesnt exactly make me want to pick up this guy. According to their description he is mediocre at best.

im fine with who we have. As long as we have a few decent guys (which i think we do) we should move on to the next problem area.....The OLine!

I think we're settled at DT from the regime's perspective.  I think they don't mind at all starting the season with Trips/McCargo and Anderson/Williams as the DT rotation.

683471[/snapback]

Toss in Jason Jefferson and think you're right.

Rather than Grady, what about Brenston Buckner?   He is available and was always known as a character guy.  Maybe adding an vet like him would help out the young players.

McCargo is slated to play the same position as Triplett, at least on running downs.  That leaves Tim Anderson and the rookie Williams.  I would like to see the Bills  add a veteran DT as a stop gap for this season.  Not sure if they will carry 5 DTs on the 53 man roster.

683517[/snapback]

I'd love Buckner but think he's pretty much retired as doubt Carolina would just cut him for no good reason. In terms of McCargo, if listen to the report given by the Bills scouts it sounds like short term he's better at 3 but truly believe he can move to the 1 position in time. That's why I added I think we should keep Jefferson who to me is our 2nd best run stuffing DT behind Anderson. Williams has been compared to Chris Hovan another 3 type.

That's why I added I think we should keep Jefferson who to me is our 2nd best run stuffing DT behind Anderson. 

683824[/snapback]

Has Jefferson ever played? I don't recall every seeing him on the field. I'm wondering why you think so highly of him; have you seen him play before? (Not saying you're wrong--I just know nothing about the guy).

Has Jefferson ever played? I don't recall every seeing him on the field. I'm wondering why you think so highly of him; have you seen him play before? (Not saying you're wrong--I just know nothing about the guy).

683836[/snapback]

He played a little last year. I'm an avid draftnik and researcher and read quite a few things about Jefferson. He might not be a starter in this league but think he definate has the makings of a back up. Ironically enough but last year's TSN draft guide compared him to Buckner. Here are some links to some of his other predraft bios from CNNSI and NFL.com

He played a little last year. I'm an avid draftnik and researcher and read quite a few things about Jefferson. He might not be a starter in this league but think he definate has the makings of a back up. Ironically enough but last year's TSN draft guide compared him to Buckner. Here are some links to some of his other predraft bios from CNNSI and NFL.com

683840[/snapback]

Good stuff--thanks.

Those reports about his quickness look promising for this scheme; it appears everyone on the d-line, including the run-stuffer tackle, needs to be quick in this scheme.

It's also promising that that one link had him as a potential 3rd rounder.

All he has to do is log 10-15% of the snaps in the rotation and I would be happy. The deeper our rotation, the less talented our DT's need to be, imo.