From SI.com

Five Players in the Right Situation-

4. John McCargo, DT, Buffalo: For all those critics who have been skewering Bills general manager Marv Levy for picking McCargo 26th overall, think about this: A lot of teams thought McCargo was the third-best defensive tackle in the draft after Ngata and Brodrick Bunkley.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...aft.luck/1.html

4. John McCargo, DT, Buffalo: For all those critics who have been skewering Bills general manager Marv Levy for picking McCargo 26th overall, think about this: A lot of teams thought McCargo was the third-best defensive tackle in the draft after Ngata and Brodrick Bunkley.

682559[/snapback]

yet they project us as #2 overall in the 2007 mock draft. :P

yet they project us as #2 overall in the 2007 mock draft. :P

682560[/snapback]

Like I said before it's because the Patriots sent us their 2007 #1 pick for Clements. Though I can't see why we'd pick a QB after Losman's MVP season in 2006.

Excuse me, new batch of Kool-Aid is ready...gotta go. :lol:

<--------------

Official media opinion crew.

Anyone have a music link to "That's Entertainment"?

682567[/snapback]

Heh. For a second there, I though you were making fun of Tom. Then again, what do I know, you may well be...

Heh.  For a second there, I though you were making fun of Tom.  Then again, what do I know, you may well be...

682569[/snapback]

That's really hard to do. He takes this stuff about as seriously as I do. I make fun of him a lot, and he's still my friend. He takes his shots at me, too.

Go figure.

So you are picking the Pats to go the SB again and lose ? You miserable little traitor !  :P

682571[/snapback]

The Super Bowl loser picks 2nd?? Is this part of the new CBA or something?

Like I said before it's because the Patriots sent us their 2007 #1 pick for Clements.  Though I can't see why we'd pick a QB after Losman's MVP season in 2006.

Excuse me, new batch of Kool-Aid is ready...gotta go.  :lol:

682565[/snapback]

LOL...thanks for the laugh. Pour me a glass. :P

I was playing my usual pickup basketball game at the YMCA this morning. I had my Bills t-shirt and one of the guys came up to me and wanted to talk draft. He is a huge NC State fan and he said the Bills got a STEAL. Claimed teams double teamed McCargo leaving the ends one on one every game.

For what it is worth...

A lot of teams thought McCargo was the third-best defensive tackle in the draft after Ngata and Brodrick Bunkley.

682559[/snapback]

Some pundits actually had McCago as the second best DT in the draft because they either had no belief in Ngata because of questions about inconsistency or about Bunkley as a flash in the pan who showed great results late that raised his draft value but question his long term value to a team.

Who knows for sure as the draft is a crap shoot in the big picture, but the one thing we do know with some degree of certainty was that there was no DT chosen in the 2nd round at all and even if one felt Bunkley and Ngata were the top two, there was gonna be a big drop-off to the third best DT according to everyone in the NFL.

While first round choices are expected to start immediately and second round choices are expected to start at some point in the first year, it starts getting docey in the third round.

The Bills clearly wanted a first year if not immediate starter at DT when they cut Adams and Edwards. If they had not judged Mccargo as being a player who could fulfill this mandate then they likely would have gone for either Ngata or Bunkley with the #8 or simply not cut both former starter DTs.

I was playing my usual pickup basketball game at the YMCA this morning. I had my Bills t-shirt and one of the guys came up to me and wanted to talk draft. He is a huge NC State fan and he said the Bills got a STEAL. Claimed teams double teamed McCargo leaving the ends one on one every game.

For what it is worth...

Well that's a pretty damning statement on Mario Williams. If Williams was left one-on-one and did NOT dominate like he should have, he's not all that great.

Will be interesting to see what becomes of this draft, WRT Bush, Williams, Davis, Huff, Whitner, Ngata, and Bunckley.

Some pundits actually had McCago as the second best DT in the draft because they either had no belief in Ngata because of questions about inconsistency or about Bunkley as a flash in the pan who showed great results late that raised his draft value but question his long term value to a team.

Who knows for sure as the draft is a crap shoot in the big picture, but the one thing we do know with some degree of certainty was that there was no DT chosen in the 2nd round at all and even if one felt Bunkley and Ngata were the top two, there was gonna be a big drop-off to the third best DT according to everyone in the NFL.

While first round choices are expected to start immediately and second round choices are expected to start at some point in the first year, it starts getting docey in the third round.

The Bills clearly wanted a first year if not immediate starter at DT when they cut Adams and Edwards. If they had not judged Mccargo as being a player who could fulfill this mandate then they likely would have gone for either Ngata or Bunkley with the #8 or simply not cut both former starter DTs.

682631[/snapback]

FFS Crib Notes?

O what a fool I am !! Current project at work must have gotten to me. {cowering in a corner and hiding his face deep}

682806[/snapback]

I know the symptoms. Next thing you know you won't be able to tell your right from your left. :doh:

682559[/snapback]

apparently he was the second best DT..........thats what they have been saying on ESPN ever since he was drafted

682631[/snapback]

That makes TOO much sense! And you registered, here, at this board. Why? :doh:

I agree with all the good fits he had. The author actually considered the type of defense we were running. Regardless of where he was picked, it was widely believed he was the third best DT in the draft. Since we didn't pick Bunkley and Ngata wasn't the right fit, the pick makes sense. Perhaps, Marv is not just a crazy, old man.

hey guys, huge nc state fan and season ticket holder here.

mccargo was double teamed in the games which he played. he went out with a stress fracture in his foot five games in and you could see the drop off in the play of the d line.

a lot of us were excited that he got hurt because we thought he would come back for his senior year.

he is not a run stuffer, but more of a penetrating DT that likes to shoot gaps and will gamble, sometimes its great, sometime he's completely out of position. he also has the ability to collapse the pocket, i think he could be a great NT, but rumors about his inability to put on weight were always dogging him.

all in all i think he'll be great for us and in a couple of years we'll have the last laugh with some of the draft gurus.

hey guys, huge nc state fan and season ticket holder here.

mccargo was double teamed in the games which he played. he went out with a stress fracture in his foot five games in and you could see the drop off in the play of the d line.

a lot of us were excited that he got hurt because we thought he would come back for his senior year.

he is not a run stuffer, but more of a penetrating DT that likes to shoot gaps and will gamble, sometimes its great, sometime he's completely out of position. he also has the ability to collapse the pocket, i think he could be a great NT, but rumors about his inability to put on weight were always dogging him.

all in all i think he'll be great for us and in a couple of years we'll have the last laugh with some of the draft gurus.

682882[/snapback]

That's a great first post. I'll take your opinion over some guy sitting in a office trying to make some headlines. :doh: