Schools pulling non-diet pop

No...when I was a little snot, it was Red Ball Jets, P.F. Flyers, or Converse. Made in the U.S.A. In black. :P

I had one metal lunch box. I don't recall what was on it, but I thought it an encumberance.  I'd put it on the sidewalk and kick it like a tin can all the way home.

I used to bike home for lunch when the winter broke and they would allow us to do so in grade school. Rain or shine...and I shake my head at today's bikes without fenders. I usually had a front basket, too. Got laughed at for that, but my bike was my key to freedom and I needed the cargo capacity for my junk. I had one of those thumb-operated bells for a while but somebody stole it. :D

683619[/snapback]

Peter Forsberg Flyers... "Run Faster, Jump Higher"... Lose first round in 6... :blush::angry:;);):lol::lol:

I tossed the box part for just the thermos and paper bag in second grade..

And BeerBall, kids in ele school usually don't have lockers... I think that is a Jr./Middle school thingy... And feel sorry if you didn't have them there... :P... But, you bring up a good point (security and what not).

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter Forsberg Flyers... "Run Faster, Jump Higher"... Lose first round in 6... :lol:  :lol:  ;)  ;)  :lol:  :lol:

I tossed the box part for just the thermos and paper bag in second grade..

And BeerBall, kids in ele school usually don't have lockers... I think that is a Jr./Middle school thingy... And feel sorry if you didn't have them there... :P... But, you bring up a good point (security and what not).

683711[/snapback]

Well, I'm well beyond my HS years, but my kids have to deal with it. I figger that lugging their HS books around campus all day makes up for the fact that they don't have to walk 15 miles to school in a blizzard like the ol' man did. :P I think security is the main issue.

I used to bike home for lunch when the winter broke and they would allow us to do so in grade school. Rain or shine...and I shake my head at today's bikes without fenders. I usually had a front basket, too. Got laughed at for that, but my bike was my key to freedom and I needed the cargo capacity for my junk. I had one of those thumb-operated bells for a while but somebody stole it.

So Timmy, how's Lassie been doing?