Short draft coverage commentary.

Similar conversations come up in other venues, with regards to national news coverage and their actual or perceived bias.

Networks no longer report, they shape in the interest of developing their niche in a demographic. They do this by providing entertainment vs. information.

Everyone here crying about ESPN's (or anyone elses coverage for that matter) had to be watching it to get pissed off. Victory? To ESPN.

They don't care what you, or I think. They only care that you watch. If you're watching because they drive you nuts - so what? Watchers = advertising revenue.

Similar conversations come up in other venues, with regards to national news coverage and their actual or perceived bias.

Networks no longer report, they shape in the interest of developing their niche in a demographic. They do this by providing entertainment vs. information.

Everyone here crying about ESPN's (or anyone elses coverage for that matter) had to be watching it to get pissed off. Victory? To ESPN.

They don't care what you, or I think. They only care that you watch. If you're watching because they drive you nuts - so what? Watchers = advertising revenue.

679710[/snapback]

You mean da mejia is a busiNESS tew?

If more people got that, there might be less barfights.

679788[/snapback]

Mel Kiper just reported that it was a reach for you to reply this early in your own thread.

Quality post that's going to help the thread, but a reach.

C+

Mel Kiper just reported that it was a reach for you to reply this early in your own thread.

C+

679793[/snapback]

Damn. Crap. I should have traded down for a 10th. :)

C+

679793[/snapback]

I can't believe that he posted that third in this thread. There is no way that post has value in that spot. He could have easily posted something else and been able to use that post in the 10 or 11 spot. I am pretty sure a poster like Alaska Darin would have not posted that in that spot. Bad job and typical of our problems here.

Damn. Crap. I should have traded down for a 10th.  :)

679799[/snapback]

I know, after reading some of the insightful commentary here, that I could use a fifth.

They didn't win with me, as I didn't watch a second of it. :)

C+

679793[/snapback]

I could care less what the ESPN jokers think. What I want is a dominating topic, and we've taken exactly ZERO steps toward getting that as a board.

C+

679793[/snapback]

John Clayton has just reported that SnR has to cut or trade Mandy Moore, and that he should have drafted a replacement avatar in the later rounds of the draft.

679710[/snapback]

Good point. And if ESPN/the media causes so many people in here to get all vitriolic, upset, and defensive, the solution to their problems is simple: don't watch it, you'll feel better. :)

John Clayton has just reported that SnR has to cut or trade Mandy Moore, and that he should have drafted a replacement avatar in the later rounds of the draft.

679975[/snapback]

See? Look what I would have gotten had I traded down. Honestly, if one was following the draft, what does one need beyond NFL.com's board?

See? Look what I would have gotten had I traded down.

680044[/snapback]

Sure, you would have gotten Mandy, but you would ruined the chemistry between you and SnR

Honestly, if one was following the draft, what does one need beyond NFL.com's board?

No arguement here.