Instead of complaining...

Why don't we try to look into why Marv and Co. made these picks. Instead of sitting here complaining about the picks, why don't we try to get a better understanding of where the Bills are trying to improve so that we can B word if we don't improve by the end of next year.

After reading all the scouting reports for our picks i'm quite pleased with our selections...I think we'll be much improved from 5-11 that's for sure.

679160[/snapback]

You wouldn't happen to have any links that some of the negative people on this site could view, would ya? Because these people are willing to comment on everything and everybody, but everybody knows that they do not know much about what they are talking about.

I will admit right now, i do not know much about this years draft picks due to the fact that i was mainly focussing on things like d-line and o-linemen. So it will help me as well

Donte Whitner - http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/whitner_donte

John McCargo - http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/mccargo_john

Ashton Youboty - http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/youboty_ashton

Ko Simpson - http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/simpson_ko

Kyle Williams - http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/williams_kyle

Brad Butler - http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/butler_brad

Keith Ellison - http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/ellison_keith

Terrence Pennington- http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/pennington_terrance

You may have read these already but ehhh maybe some haven't. I'm stoked about the defensive backs we got...and the DT's sound like they will contribute as well.

optimists live longer.. ....

I would take an optismistic view that doesnt pan out over looking like a ranting panicky lil biatch that is proved wrong anyday!

So, I am happy with the picks we made. Not the huge hyped names but solid starter prospects either way. Even with all the energy mort put into bashing the bills he never did even claim that these players were bad at all. Sounds like solid picks to me. And doesnt anybody sense the MTV-esque overtones ESPN has adopted??? Let me put it this way, the songs they play on TRL do not represent the gereral opinion of the US- much less the finest talent in the industry. How one could assume that ESPN anaylists have this accuracy is beyond me.

If it is a Lemming you wish to emulate then it is a Lemming you shall be.

After reading all the scouting reports for our picks i'm quite pleased with our selections...I think we'll be much improved from 5-11 that's for sure.

679160[/snapback]

Me too.....I just had to face the fact that I allowed myself to get sucked into the ESPN reaction to our first two picks. I was ignorant about what we did, and I've since come to realize that we've got some really highly regarded players. Doesn't mean they'll all turn out to be pro bowlers, but I'm very happy with our haul from the past two days. I'm definitely most excited about Ko Simpson, cause I think he was an absolutely steal, but I like all our picks. I can't wait to see what the staff does with them.

Me too.....I just had to face the fact that I allowed myself to get sucked into the ESPN reaction to our first two picks. I was ignorant about what we did, and I've since come to realize that we've got some really highly regarded players. Doesn't mean they'll all turn out to be pro bowlers, but I'm very happy with our haul from the past two days. I'm definitely most excited about Ko Simpson, cause I think he was an absolutely steal, but I like all our picks. I can't wait to see what the staff does with them.

679209[/snapback]

I love how everyone assumes that people who disagree with this draft were influenced by ESPN. Some of us have watched this team avoid drafting for the OL...THE need on this team...for the better part of 10 years. Some of us have watched this team be the weakest in the NFL along both lines for a decade. Some of us have also seen that this team hasn't won a playoff game in 11 years and have drawn the conclusion that this lack of success is by and large due to ignoring the elephant in the room that is the OL.

So, in a nutshell, I'm sick and tired of all these self-righteous wannabe cheerleaders who somehow think their opinion is more valid than anyone else's. Obviously they've never heard the old saying about opinions and bung-holes.

I love how everyone assumes that people who disagree with this draft were influenced by ESPN. Some of us have watched this team avoid drafting for the OL...THE need on this team...for the better part of 10 years. Some of us have watched this team be the weakest in the NFL along both lines for a decade. Some of us have also seen that this team hasn't won a playoff game in 11 years and have drawn the conclusion that this lack of success is by and large due to ignoring the elephant in the room that is the OL.

So, in a nutshell, I'm sick and tired of all these self-righteous wannabe cheerleaders who somehow think their opinion is more valid than anyone else's. Obviously they've never heard the old saying about opinions and bung-holes.

679308[/snapback]

I'm sick of people who take someone's comments and make huge assumptions and conclusions out of what is said ;) Where exactly did I say that I'm assuming anything about how OTHER PEOPLE were influenced by ESPN?? I said that MY first reaction to the picks was based on what was said by guys like Mort, Mel, and Berman. I'm not speaking for anyone else other than myself, and my point is that I need to remember to gather all the facts before I make snap judgments on the players we draft.

I'm sick of people who take someone's comments and make huge assumptions and conclusions out of what is said  ;)  Where exactly did I say that I'm assuming anything about how OTHER PEOPLE were influenced by ESPN??  I said that MY first reaction to the picks was based on what was said by guys like Mort, Mel, and Berman. I'm not speaking for anyone else other than myself, and my point is that I need to remember to gather all the facts before I make snap judgments on the players we draft.

679439[/snapback]

I wasn't speaking about you, per se, but the cadre of "marv can do no wrong" types who seem to think they're the arbiters of who is and who is not right. Sorry for any confusion.

I wasn't speaking about you, per se, but the cadre of "marv can do no wrong" types who seem to think they're the arbiters of who is and who is not right. Sorry for any confusion.

679441[/snapback]

Okay, good.....I had a whole diatribe about your 'self-righeous' comments, but I went on the hunch that you might not have been calling me out specifically, so I resisted the urge ;)

And for the record, my own view is not that we should have ignored the lines. I'm on record as wanting Bunkley, and Justice in Rd. 2 looked like a pretty good pick for the Birds. I'm just more 'OK' with our pics than I was at first, is all.

Okay, good.....I had a whole diatribe about your 'self-righeous' comments, but I went on the hunch that you might not have been calling me out specifically, so I resisted the urge  ;)

And for the record, my own view is not that we should have ignored the lines. I'm on record as wanting Bunkley, and Justice in Rd. 2 looked like a pretty good pick for the Birds. I'm just more 'OK' with our pics than I was at first, is all.

679450[/snapback]

Yes, I wanted the Eagles' draft. And yes, time will tell.

Yeah, why believe ESPN?  They've always had it out for Buffalo.  Instead of believing the guys who do draft stuff 24/7/365, you should believe a bunch of message-board homers.  Suuuuuuuure.

679461[/snapback]

ESPN is but one source of people who 'do draft stuff 24/7'. They are not the be all and end all of evaluations. I'd just assume take a guy like Mike Mayock's opinion as a more accurate assessment than Kiper's any day. I've been saying that since back when I first saw the guy two years ago.

I like our draft, hopefully we can get a solid LT via free agency and sew up the lines a little bit.

679455[/snapback]

We already have one in Gandy. The guy played solid ball for us last year. The middle was the problem....not our tackles.

Memory fails. :D

Good prognostication on the pick of a safety at #8, btw. ;)

679487[/snapback]

This is why I think that Levi Jones will remain in Cinn. despite being a UFA. Teams simply don't give these guys up, except for perhaps 40 or so million for Jennings. :lol:

Steinbach might be a different story. He (if healthy) will probably get a 50 million dollar offer and jump, especially if the Bengals have to tag Jones (probable).

We already have one in Gandy. The guy played solid ball for us last year. The middle was the problem....not our tackles.

679499[/snapback]

he was average at best.

he got called for holding atleast once a game. and any 10 yard loss basically ended our drives last season.