Instead of complaining...

Why don't we try to look into why Marv and Co. made these picks. Instead of sitting here complaining about the picks, why don't we try to get a better understanding of where the Bills are trying to improve so that we can B word if we don't improve by the end of next year.

679155[/snapback]

Isn't it a general opinion that OL players take longer to develop than DL ? Then this draft must be seen in light of our past two drafts where we loaded up on Offense. If Peters and Preston have matured enough to nail down starting spots, then we are doing fine.

Optimistic view of things will go this way: OL has been addressed with Peters, Preston from past drafts and bolstered by Reyes and Fowler from free agency.

DL has all necessary players though Denney is a question mark. Secondary is fine with some veterans and players from this years draft to develop under them.

Offensive skill players are all average to good (we know what they are and no question marks save for the all important QB spot).

Special teams is intact and hence, great.

In summary, if we get 2-3 starters from this years draft, we have done well. I know I am making a lot of conclusions from little data but we HAVE 'addressed' all need positions.

Maybe, just maybe.....Marv and Jauron ARE the smartest guys in the room. Mike Greenberg tried to rip the Bills this morning when they had Kiper on the show but Mel backpedaled on his criticism of Buffalo. Mel says he loves Whitner and McCargo was definitely moving up the boards leading up to the draft...he just wasn't crazy about where the Bills selected them. Colin Cowherd however just ripped the Bills and made alot of references to Marv and Ralph being senile and still using rotary dial phones and pony express as a means of communication. Pretty lame.

Maybe, just maybe.....Marv and Jauron ARE the smartest guys in the room.  Mike Greenberg tried to rip the Bills this morning when they had Kiper on the show but Mel backpedaled on his criticism of Buffalo.  Mel says he loves Whitner and McCargo was definitely moving up the boards leading up to the draft...he just wasn't crazy about where the Bills selected them.  Colin Cowherd however just ripped the Bills and made alot of references to Marv and Ralph being senile and still using rotary dial phones and pony express as a means of communication.  Pretty lame.

679526[/snapback]

To me, when you take the easy cheapshot, it's basically saying, "I'm not good enough to entertain people in a creative, witty way.....I have to go for the easy joke". Just my opinion, and I'm obviously biased....but one thing I learned about comedy from someone in the business is....well, two things: First, delivery is EVERYTHING. But second, a lot of things that are REALLY funny often have a grain of truth to them. Marv and Ralph being old doesn't really count as such. And until they really do something dumb with this team - and IMO they have yet to come close to that - making jokes about their ineptitude is lame, especially on a national level. We Bills fans can joke around about, but that's cause we love 'em. But I respect Kiper more for taking the high road and qualifying his criticism of the pick(s), whereas guys like Mort just were self-indulgent in the way they went off.