Sixth Round Possibility

Mike F

IF he is still on the board by then, I would like to see the Bills take Omar Jacobs (QB) from Bowling Green.

He is underrated due to playing in a second tier conference, but has similar size and athletic ability when you compare him to Vince Young (OK, just to clarify, he is not as good an athelete as VY). :)

He also is a solid passer and would have been a higher pick in the 2007 draft if he stayed in school. Think of a younger version of Steve McNair, but a bit more on the undeveloped side.

We can use him in a variety of ways (sort of like Randle El) for now as our 3rd QB/ST and groom him for a couple of years to be our QB (or at least a solid backup).

You could do worse in the sixth round.....................and, he was listed as a 3rd round talent, by some publications.

Mike

IF he is still on the board by then, I would like to see the Bills take Omar Jacobs (QB) from Bowling Green.

He is underrated due to playing in a second tier conference, but has similar size and athletic ability when you compare him to Vince Young (OK, just to clarify, he is not as good an athelete as VY).  :)

He also is a solid passer and would have been a higher pick in the 2007 draft if he stayed in school.    Think of a younger version of Steve McNair, but a bit more on the undeveloped side.

We can use him in a variety of ways (sort of like Randle El) for now as our 3rd QB/ST and groom him for a couple of years to be our QB (or at least a solid backup).

You could do worse in the sixth round.....................and, he was listed as a 3rd round talent, by some publications.

Mike

678339[/snapback]

now THAT is a pick I could get behind. Really good value for a guy with HUGE physical skills.

real nice kid- when to my kid's high school and he was in town last week talking with them

678368[/snapback]

Accuracy is supposedly his strong suit. Seems like all anyone wants with QB's these days are quick feet. We seem to have forgot that the main thing a QB needs to do is to throw the ball accurately.

now THAT is a pick I could get behind. Really good value for a guy with HUGE physical skills.

678342[/snapback]

How does adding another journeyman help fix the woes that you've been bitching about all day yesterday and today? Is this QB going to be making tackles? Where does he fit into the cover 2?

:)

How does adding another journeyman help fix the woes that you've been bitching about all day yesterday and today?  Is this QB going to be making tackles?  Where does he fit into the cover 2?

:)

678399[/snapback]

At this point it's too late to help the OL in the draft. Might as well take a flyer on this guy, since Losman, Nall and Holcomb will all likely spend time out due to injury.

The Bills can't take a player like that because they signed Nall. They are going to keep all three of their quarterbacks, so any QB project would have to be cut first, and another team would likely pick up Jacobs. They could afford to take a guy in the 7th but they probably won't.