I take it they forgot about the Offense...

elcrusho

I think they feel they're better off finishing as much rebuilding on one side of the ball as possible. Improving the defense should keep us in most games this fall until we can improve the offense next year.

This looks like an actual rebuilding plan (and yes, it will take 2-3 years) instead of trying to slap a bandaid on both sides of the ball in one offseason.

I think they feel they're better off finishing as much rebuilding on one side of the ball as possible.  Improving the defense should keep us in most games this fall until we can improve the offense next year.

Just asking for your opinion on this one...How much do you think our HORRIBLE offense will hurt a defense that will be starting rookies at 3 of 4 DB positions? Especially when the DL cannot apply pressure to the QB with four guys?

This looks like an actual rebuilding plan (and yes, it will take 2-3 years) instead of trying to slap a bandaid on both sides of the ball in one offseason.

OK, so, 2008-2009? Hopefully they'll still be in Buffalo :)

I think they feel they're better off finishing as much rebuilding on one side of the ball as possible.  Improving the defense should keep us in most games this fall until we can improve the offense next year.

678124[/snapback]

It sure looks that way. Back when we had the #2 defense, it took a lot of pressure off of the offense. I just hope they can keep JP upright. :)

Just asking for your opinion on this one...How much do you think our HORRIBLE offense will hurt a defense that will be starting rookies at 3 of 4 DB positions? Especially when the DL cannot apply pressure to the QB with four guys?

OK, so, 2008-2009? Hopefully they'll still be in Buffalo :)

678130[/snapback]

It certainly isn't going to help the defense, but again, they can't plug all the holes on the team in the draft. Just pointing out the strategy they appear to be taking. We'll have to see if it works out or not.

Exactly. Anyone who thought after this draft we wou;d be good enough to go 12-4 is crazy. It takes time for a new crew to build a team. Be patient. They have been active in free agency. There are 4 more picks left.

It certainly isn't going to help the defense,  but again,  they can't plug all the holes on the team in the draft.  Just pointing out the strategy they appear to be taking.  We'll have to see if it works out or not.

678149[/snapback]

At least our secondary is set for the next 5 years mininum. They are definately going to start picking Offense with our 2nd pick in the 5th

678160[/snapback]

I'm guessing they go LB

Exactly. Anyone who thought after this draft we wou;d be good enough to go 12-4 is crazy. It takes time for a new crew to build a team. Be patient. They have been active in free agency. There are 4 more picks left.

678162[/snapback]

What's the over/under on wins this year?

I'm setting it at 6 and taking the under.

I think people are forgetting that Jauron is first and foremost a defensive coach. Like Brandon said, he has an actual plan. I just think he has a bit of tunnel vision, concentrating on what he is most familiar with. I really wanted Bing, that's 2x in this draft the Raiders take the guy want

I think people are forgetting that Jauron is first and foremost a defensive coach. Like Brandon said, he has an actual plan. I just think he has a bit of tunnel vision, concentrating on what he is most familiar with. I really wanted Bing, that's 2x in this draft the Raiders take the guy  want

678183[/snapback]

And I like having a good defense more than a good offense. Play good D and run the damn ball!

Go Sabres! :)