Silent Thread for Coy Wire...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The coaching staff clearly has the hots for Coy.

678740[/snapback]

Oddly enough if you look at the Bills Pro Shop and see the Jerseys they have available, Wire is one of the 11 current Bills that they have home replicas for. For that matter so is Josh Reed.

Guest BackInDaDay

Buffalo Bills fans used to appreciate hard working over-achievers.

Granted, he's no Sean Taylor, but I'm sure he's OK with that. :)

I'm not quite clear why Wire is a punching bag. The Bills drafted him assumedly with some sense that he wasn't a prototypical safety. The fact that he stuck on the squad as a safety speaks more to the Bills not figuring out how to better man the position than something that Wire did or did not do. My impression of the fellow is that he tried hard, and never shirked.

he tried hard, and never shirked.

679735[/snapback]

Whoop di doo...I can count 2-3 games where he single-handly gave up scores that cost the team a win. Nice guys who try hard can sell insurance for a living.

I'm not quite clear why Wire is a punching bag. The Bills drafted him assumedly with some sense that he wasn't a prototypical safety. The fact that he stuck on the squad as a safety speaks more to the Bills not figuring out how to better man the position than something that Wire did or did not do. My impression of the fellow is that he tried hard, and never shirked.

679735[/snapback]

Looking at how a cover 2 is run, do you consider Wire a good fit?

Next to L. Friggen Anderson, Coy (bless his heart) garnered more throw things at the screen moments than anyone else I can think of.

What's wrong with Coy?  They boy can hit.

Usually well after the play.  And usually his own teammates.  But he could hit.  :)

679787[/snapback]

3rd runner up for the "Brewski Hit Count" Theisman award.

3rd runner up for the "Brewski Hit Count" Theisman award.

679792[/snapback]

How DARE you compare Coy Wire to Our Lord Savior Tedy Bruschi In All His Glory. I've never seen Wire get blocked to the ground on a pass rush, then crawl forward on his hands and knees to just miss touching the QB's foot mere seconds after he throws the ball.

The only thing Wire and Our Lord Savior Tedy Bruschi In All His Glory have in common is: The Lord Bruschi had a stroke. Wire plays like he has one.

Looking at how a cover 2 is run, do you consider Wire a good fit?

679768[/snapback]

I don't at all - re-read my post. As I did say, the Bills drafted him as a (dubious) safety, and didn't subsequently improve the position, to not to have to utilize him. Bills fault.

My view, my point is that when called, he served as best he could. Effort and loyalty.