Silent Thread for Coy Wire...

I don't at all - re-read my post. As I did say, the Bills drafted him as a (dubious) safety, and didn't subsequently improve the position, to not to have to utilize him. Bills fault.

My view, my point is that when called, he served as best he could. Effort and loyalty.

679813[/snapback]

Did you re-read what you just wrote? Wire sucking is the Bills fault, because they didn't do enough to "not utilize him" because they didn't "improve the position" he was drafted to play????????????????????? WTF?!?! :):lol::):lol:

I'm sure Walt Patulski and Lonnie Johnson and Chris Watson and Erik Flowers all "served the best they could" as well. Good Bye Friggin Coy.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you re-read what you just wrote?  Wire sucking is the Bills fault, because they didn't do enough to "not utilize him" because they didn't "improve the position" he was drafted to play?????????????????????    WTF?!?! :)  :lol:  :)  :lol:

I'm sure Walt Patulski and Lonnie Johnson and Chris Watson and Erik Flowers all "served the best they could" as well.  Good Bye Friggin Coy.

679833[/snapback]

Where did I say ""not utilize him"?

My issue is the umbrage against a player who by most if not all accounts, wasn't a loudmouth, and did whatever he was asked to do to the best of his ability, even though he failed - along with a bunch of others, one might add.

Nice list - perhaps, just perhaps, you might direct your self-righteousness to the business that picked those players. And btw, Patulski wasn't much of a talent, but he was no bum.

Edited by stuckincincy

Guest BackInDaDay

My issue is the umbrage against a player who by most if not all accounts, wasn't a loudmouth, and did whatever he was asked to do to the best of his ability, even though he failed - along with a bunch of others, one might add.

Nice list - perhaps, just perhaps, you might direct your self-righteousness to the business that picked those players. And btw, Patulski wasn't much of a talent, but he was no bum.

679860[/snapback]

Let it go, Cincy.

For the rest of you, consider this...

Wire was his team's leading rusher at Stanford. The next season they recruited some superman RB and rather than mope the kid asked to play D. He was good enough as an udersized LB in the Pac-10 that he got an invite to the Senior Bowl. Knowing he wouldn't get too much attention from the pro scouts as a LB, his coach threw him in at a safety spot. He then shows enough ability there to get himself to the combine, and finally drafted into the NFL.

All he does is work hard and try his best. No bitching and moaning. No problems. Gives his time to his adopted community. Unfortunately, he isn't a very good NFL safety.

But rather than piss on the guy's efforts, you should be disappointed that a player like this didn't have quite enough to make it work for himself and your team. You've got no class cheering his failure. :)

679860[/snapback]

? - you said "to not to have to utilize him"

My "umbrage" against Wire is driven as much by the mindless (thankfully dwindling) CWAC-ery in the comments like yours above as his terrible play on the field. In 35+ years of following the Bills I have never seen a player who was so terrible get such a free pass from such a large contigent of deluded apologist fans for so long. He was terrible when he was a rookie and has never gotten better. As others have said - it makes no difference if he is a nice guy or jumps out of pools or runs up hills with rocks on his back - he still lacks the talent and ability to be a decent NFL player.

? - you said "to not to have to utilize him" 

My "umbrage" against Wire is driven as much by the mindless (thankfully dwindling) CWAC-ery in the comments like yours above as his terrible play on the field.  In 35+ years of following the Bills I have never seen a player who was so terrible get such a free pass from such a large contigent of deluded apologist fans for so long.  He was terrible when he was a rookie and has never gotten better.  As others have said - it makes no difference if he is a nice guy or jumps out of pools or runs up hills with rocks on his back - he still lacks the talent and ability to be a decent NFL player.

679917[/snapback]

You miss my point - the BILLS kept him on the squad. Not the fans, apologists or otherwise.

Another point - folks sometimes fail to see that a nice guy who tries, jumps, runs up hills, or whatever asked of him - does make a difference. Regardless of the endeavor, a business - or a sports team - that applies a "Survivor" approach to personnel, soon have a sour situation. Certainly there are cutthroat businesses, but most businesses know that it doesn't work for them in the long run. Loyalty goes a long way. And who knows what goes on it the Bills locker room? Perhaps his work was respected, perhaps he has a keen football mind if not body? Perhaps in coming years, he ends up being a big noise in the coaching ranks? That happens with fair frequency - we can both think of a bunch of names there.

I want folks to ease up on him. He's low on the list of reasons for the team's recent self-inflicted wounds.

Let's go fry some other fish... :):)

What's that make Mort, then?  :doh:

680259[/snapback]

Many things..."mort" is part of many words, usually connected with death...mort...ality, mort...gage, mort cloth put over a dead body, etc. and so forth. :)

I do know I'd like a six or seven figure job to blather about pro football, though. :P