Metallica in Buffalo

gantrules

Anyone else going?

I didn't even know they were playing up here until I heard it on the radio this AM.

I bought tix the minute I walked in.....Can't miss these guys live.

Two tixs were 139 bones. I wouldn't pay that much for anyone else....but it is Metallica...

Anyone else going?

I didn't even know they were playing up here until I heard it on the radio this AM.

I bought tix the minute I walked in.....Can't miss these guys live.

Two tixs were 139 bones. I wouldn't pay that much for anyone else....but it is Metallica...

50564[/snapback]

I'm going to the show in Atlanta Nov 7th. Freaking concert prices are getting ridiculous... to the point of not worth going anymore. Guy I work with just forked over $200 for two freaking Van Halen seats.

Nuts. I guess it's all those damn file sharing kids stealing all of the artists' profit, need to feed those kids, ya know...:doh:

I was on the floor at the Fort Wayne show. They played Metal Militia for only the third time since 1985 that night.

They were AWESOME. I was on the floor right in front of the stage. Having James standing there looking at you singing "For Whome the Bell Tolls" was something else that's for sure.

The revolving stage was great.

I'm going to the show in Atlanta Nov 7th. Freaking concert prices are getting ridiculous... to the point of not worth going anymore. Guy I work with just forked over $200 for two freaking Van Halen seats.

Nuts. I guess it's all those damn file sharing kids stealing all of the artists' profit, need to feed those kids, ya know...rolleyes.gif

200 bucks for Van Hagar.... :wub: They opened the tour here and the show sold pretty well, but Hagar singing Diamond Dave's songs make me sick. I did hear some rumors a while back that they actually wanted DLR and SH to both come on tour, but DLR said no when he was told he would get any control over the set list or stage time.

As far as ticket prices go, all I can do is laugh when my Dad tells me about seeing bands like AC/DC, Ted Nugent and Aerosmith together back in the 70's for 15 bucks. :doh: The closest I've came to that is 35 bucks for tickets in the pit for Linkin Park, Hoobastank, P.O.D. and Story of the Year. SOTY plays a pretty good cover of Enter Sandman btw.

200 bucks for Van Hagar.... :wub: They opened the tour here and the show sold pretty well, but Hagar singing Diamond Dave's songs make me sick. I did hear some rumors a while back that they actually wanted DLR and SH to both come on tour, but DLR said no when he was told he would get any control over the set list or stage time.

As far as ticket prices go, all I can do is laugh when my Dad tells me about seeing bands like AC/DC, Ted Nugent and Aerosmith together back in the 70's for 15 bucks.  :doh: The closest I've came to that is 35 bucks for tickets in the pit for Linkin Park, Hoobastank, P.O.D. and Story of the Year. SOTY plays a pretty good cover of Enter Sandman btw.

50666[/snapback]

Man if I would have had to watch that concert I would have just gotten drunk, passed out, and pissed myself. Linkin Park is one of the five worst bands out there today.

Metallica tickets were 75 bucks for the floor but when I walked out of that show it felt like it was worth every penny. Metallica played about two hours and 15 minutes. Most bands now barely play over an hour.

Godsmack also played a full hour. Sully was really enjoying himself at the show I went to. He and the drummer do a duel drum solo that's unbelieveable.

(sigh) This evening, for my wifes birthday, and because I have spent years dragging her to all sorts of heavy and alternative rock shows, I am taking her to see...the man who writes the songs. :doh:

Weep with me, won't you please, fellow TSWers. Feel my pain. and perhaps, just for a moment, offer me your prayers of strength.

I have no doubt that I will return to The Wall tomorrow a beaten and changed man.

Man if I would have had to watch that concert I would have just gotten drunk, passed out, and pissed myself. Linkin Park is one of the five worst bands out there today.

I guess LP is one of the guilty pleasures I have BF, their music isn't really quality, but it's fun to listen to. They do put on a pretty good show and even played a cover of NIN. That being said, I would've much rather saw Metallica and Godsmack, the LP show was a gift for my younger brother, it was his first concert.

I guess LP is one of the guilty pleasures I have BF, their music isn't really quality, but it's fun to listen to. They do put on a pretty good show and even played a cover of NIN. That being said, I would've much rather saw Metallica and Godsmack, the LP show was a gift for my younger brother, it was his first concert.

50678[/snapback]

Well at least you have a semi excuse. I actually had to endure one of their shows too. They were at OZZFEST in 2001. I just sat and booed after every song.

I like Chesters voice. He can sing, but that rapper makes the whole band a piece of cow dung.

I was a mediocre Metallica fan...then I went to see them live in 99 and it was the best concert ever. EVER I SAY!!!!

I was going to catch them 6 months later in NYC but the show was sold out when I got there.

For 140 bucks it's definately worth it...

i hate metallica. why anyone would want to watch those idiots bang on the drums and slap their guitars is beyond me.

anyone ever seen those old metallica/napster flash videos? now those were funny.

50655[/snapback]

www.campchaos.com

I saw Metallica in 1985 at the Agora Ballroom in Hartford in front of maybe 500 people. Armored Saint and WASP opened up and I dont think tickets were $10. $200 for a ticket? WTF? I would never pay $200 for a ticket. I will download a concert video just to spite Lars but will not give him another dime. I go to Yankees games all the time-10-15 a year and I always get my $8.50 bleacher seat. I go to the playoffs and World Series because I get free tickets but I would never pay that kind of loot for a baseball game. Upper deck is $150! Box seats are $500. When the hell did going to an event become so expensive? The best bargain for the longest time was $6.00 bleacher general admission seats at Yankee Stadium. For music I would rather go to Toads and spend $20 to see great bands in an intimate setting. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer

Mettalica is awesome. I've seen them 3 times so far. First time was The Justice For All Tour and Queensryche opened great show in Norfolk VA. Also seen them by themselves in Buffalo for the Black Album. Then the very best show came at The Ralph when Faith No More--Mettalica--and Guns & Roses played. Still thinking about this show on the 10th but I don't think I'll be back in town in time. Make sure you post an update of how the show went for all who cannot attend.

It was 140 for two tickets.....

And two tickets to the Ralph would run you about $101.00 dollars...

so a forty dollar difference to see a band that comes around every few years?

Interesting how you guys can complain about overpaid rock stars while cheering for overpaid athletes.....

Good point. I thought 75 bucks was a little steep but if you think about it both Metallica and Godsmack could headline their own shows and it would cost you 35 for each of those bands headlining their own show so I think I got my moneys worth considering Metallica played for over two hours.

The Fort Wayne show had a great setlist. The only newer songs on it were Fuel, Frantic, Some Kind of Monster (second time they had EVER played it), St. Anger, and King Nothing. There are a few more newer songs on this leg of the tour that started in Cleveland, but they change the set list EVERY NIGHT. It's great.

I bet that he would put on a great show! seriously, I bet you will have a ball! let us know!

(sigh) This evening, for my wifes birthday, and because I have spent years dragging her to all sorts of heavy and alternative rock shows, I am taking her to see...the man who writes the songs.  :)

Weep with me, won't you please, fellow TSWers.  Feel my pain. and perhaps, just for a moment, offer me your prayers of strength.

I have no doubt that I will return to The Wall tomorrow a beaten and changed man.

50677[/snapback]

(sigh) This evening, for my wifes birthday, and because I have spent years dragging her to all sorts of heavy and alternative rock shows, I am taking her to see...the man who writes the songs.  :)

Weep with me, won't you please, fellow TSWers.  Feel my pain. and perhaps, just for a moment, offer me your prayers of strength.

50677[/snapback]

You poor poor bastard!!!!