Watching "LOST"

stevestojan

I actually called that one.  If you notice, and I did by watching the first show twice, when she first shows up on camera she is rubbing her wrist.  I love all the little nuances in this show.

50511[/snapback]

I really like this show, although I think they'll be hardpressed to extend it past a season...

My wife called it as well, and she's usually not good at noticing these things. I didn't notice the wrist rubbing, maybe she did not sure.

I'm actually enjoying "Veronica Mars" as well; I had no interest in it, but my wife TiVo'd it anyway. I watched the first episode and was hooked. The main character has a "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" vibe; at times, she even looks similar to Sarah Michelle Gellar. However, I think it's another show that can't make it past a season or two based on the premise.

CW

1. I think that they inend to spend a lot of time on each character. First episode it was the doc, 2nd was the chic. Next the old guy.

2. So far I have been interested.

3. Everyone was good looking, because all wealthy people are attractive, and only wealthy people fly.

4. You didn't see him with the pregnant woman.

5. They get to it.

6. No

I have it paused on Tivo right now, but a few things about this show..

1) Is this a mini series? I cant imagine them making this into a real show with more than 5 shows or so (much less more than a whole season)

2) It is very entertaining

3) Apparently, when a plane crashes, all people that are average looking or less die. Only beautiful people will live

4) I want to B word slap that chinese guy

5) Why no looting? Why arnt they going through bags to find things that could be of use?

6) Am i the only one watching? :devil:

50226[/snapback]

My guess is that the island is either the base for aliens that are observing Earth and performing experiments on animals from around the world (the polar bear) to see how they react in new enviroments, and the unseen creature is how they "clean up" escaped animals or mistakes, or it's like the Island of Dr. Moreau with some crazy scientist performing experiments, or they went through some time travel.

This show absolutely rocks. It leaves you thinking afterwards....is there any show on TV that does this now?

I also love how they are showing the c-r-a-s-h from the different perspectives of each character. Brilliant, rather than just jumping in and seeing it all at one.

The only one that did it for me was the X-Files....

My guess is that the island is either the base for aliens that are observing Earth and performing experiments on animals from around the world (the polar bear) to see how they react in new enviroments, and the unseen creature is how they "clean up" escaped animals or mistakes, or it's like the Island of Dr. Moreau with some crazy scientist performing experiments, or they went through some time travel.

50549[/snapback]

I believe you mentioned this earlier. You said something about the dog (why is there a golden retriever on a desert island) being an alien tracker, if I remember correctly.

Mike

I'm really into this show. It's from the creator of "Alias", so it should be a good ride. I do agree that this show can not have a long life, but i'm sure that the writers have already thought this out, so they must have plans in order to make this show last for a few seasons. Look at "24", a lot of people said that show was a one season shot, and it's going to be in it's 4th season this year.

Stevestojan, they have to have beautiful people on the show so they can get the stoner crowd to watch. Example: "WHOAH DUDE, SHE'S HOT!" "I'm gonna watch this show!" :doh:

J.J. Abrams has done a great job in making "Alias" entertaining, no matter how ridiculous it gets. I'm sure he can do the same with this show.

I am usually good with figuring out twists, but I did not see "the chick" being the prisoner. Nice twist.

I hope that the show lasts. I need new shows since NBC cancelled "Boomtown" :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: and WB prematurely cancelled "Angel" :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Give me good writing and fiction any day over all this reality garbage.

I agree that this plane definitely has more than it's fair share of good looking women. I'm never on flights with women like that.

I knew about the polar bear last week, I read a spoiler site. There is something going on with the comic book. That little kid was reading it and it had a polar bear on one of the pages. This is definitely going to turn into a sci-fi show.

For those wondering about the longevity of the show- if the ratings hold, they want this to go on indefinitely.

It reminds me of the kinds of shows that ABC put on Saturday nights when I was little. Fantasy Island etc.

One question- if the show goes on for a while, isn't the fat kid going to have to start to slim down? How will they pull that off?

--------------------------

Go Bills

Mark, we're in total agreement here.

Another good drama is "Without a Trace", which just keeps getting better.

Mike

50925[/snapback]

ya know what show was my favorite.. the practice... but i could never watch it during football season, because i was too exhausted from the day's events.

but it was always good.

buckeyemike Posted Today, 12:39 PM

QUOTE(MarkVaderr50 @ Sep 30 2004, 12:25 PM)

Give me good writing and fiction any day over all this reality garbage.

Mark, we're in total agreement here.

Another good drama is "Without a Trace", which just keeps getting better.

Mike

Glad to hear you agree with me on this one. Because we go our seperate ways on College ball. I'm a Wolverines fan. :doh:

But we agree on the Bills.

I agree that this plane definitely has more than it's fair share of good looking women. I'm never on flights with women like that.

I knew about the polar bear last week, I read a spoiler site. There is something going on with the comic book. That little kid was reading it and it had a polar bear on one of the pages.  This is definitely going to turn into a sci-fi show.

For those wondering about the longevity of the show- if the ratings hold, they want this to go on indefinitely.

It reminds me of the kinds of shows that ABC put on Saturday nights when I was little. Fantasy Island etc.

One question- if the show goes on for a while, isn't the fat kid going to have to start to slim down? How will they pull that off?

--------------------------

Go Bills

50940[/snapback]

the fat kid not getting skinny? The same way no one will get sunburned. You're just not supposed to ask.

Why would you check out a spoiler sight? Doesn't that ruin the reason for watching the show?

It's kind of like knowing the score of a football game before watching it.

I'm begging you...if you know more that is going to happen on the show please don't put it on here.

---

on another note, I loved Boomtown....and of course it got cancelled. It was way to good to continue.