If anyone has been wanting to try Netflix

ajzepp

Let me know....

I've been a customer of theirs for four years and love the service. They sent me an email saying that I could offer my friends a month free trial (instead of the normal 2-weeks), so if anyone wants to try it out for a month, PM me your email and I'll forward you the offer. There is no benefit to me if people try it out, other than knowing that I've helped you take advantage of a really great service ;)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw Netflix.....go with Blockbuster.

Nothing like getting throttled for renting "too many" movies. Because we all know there is a limit to "unlimited."

Actually, Netflix has created a definition of unlimited in their membership agreement since their business practices were called into question. ;)

Nothing like getting throttled for renting "too many" movies. Because we all know there is a limit to "unlimited."

Actually, Netflix has created a definition of unlimited in their membership agreement since their business practices were called into question.  ;)

670810[/snapback]

Yeah, always go with the company that has been raping people for decades rather than the new rapists on the block.

Yeah, always go with the company that has been raping people for decades rather than the new rapists on the block.

670817[/snapback]

I've never rented from Blockbuster. $4 for a rental, forget that.

But their online service has blown Netflix out of the water and it's still in its infancy. I've always hated Blockbuster, but they've yet to screw with me like Netflix did and I'm getting a lot more value for the money.

Actually, Netflix has created a definition of unlimited in their membership agreement since their business practices were called into question.  ;)

670810[/snapback]

The throttling only pertains to people who rent so much that Netflix actually can't profit off the membership, and it really is only a factor if you have their base plan. Why would a company want to have a business where they break even or lose money?? Makes no sense. Just because someone took them to task on semantics doesn't mean that it's not a great service. Blockbuster only has a similar service because netflix was taking so much of their business. If Netflix didn't exist, do you really think they'd actually devleop this sort of a program? Please......

The throttling only pertains to people who rent so much that Netflix actually can't profit off the membership, and it really is only a factor if you have their base plan. Why would a company want to have a business where they break even or lose money?? Makes no sense. Just because someone took them to task on semantics doesn't mean that it's not a great service. Blockbuster only has a similar service because netflix was taking so much of their business. If Netflix didn't exist, do you really think they'd actually devleop this sort of a program? Please......

670825[/snapback]

Then don't call it unlimited rentals! ;)

You can have unlimited rentals UP TOO the point where you no longer become profitable, but once you cross that line we;re going to throttle you back to the point where we are making a profit. But we're going to pretend were not throttling you (until we get sued of course and have to change our TOS.) Instead, we'll just say we haven't received the movies you mailed back 4 days ago when we always used to receive them in 1 day.

It's a bull sh-- practice. If you're not making money you change your product offering, not use deceptive practices to swing it back into your favor. They were using false advertising until they finally changed the fine print.

I'll admit Netflix is a good service for the average renter that watches a couple movies per week. I've found much more value for my money with the Blockbuster service though and have yet to be lied to. I'm sure I'll eventually get screwed by Blockbuster to, because well, it's Blockbuster.

I've never rented from Blockbuster. $4 for a rental, forget that.

But their online service has blown Netflix out of the water and it's still in its infancy. I've always hated Blockbuster, but they've yet to screw with me like Netflix did and I'm getting a lot more value for the money.

670824[/snapback]

Netflix has four times as many subscribers as Blockbuster Online does.....they're also being sued for patent infringement ;)

http://money.cnn.com/2006/04/04/news/compa....reut/index.htm

Then don't call it unlimited rentals!  ;)

You can have unlimited rentals UP TOO the point where you no longer become profitable, but once you cross that line we;re going to throttle you back to the point where we are making a profit. But we're going to pretend were not throttling you (until we get sued of course and have to change our TOS.) Instead, we'll just say we haven't received the movies you mailed back 4 days ago when we always used to receive them in 1 day.

It's a bull sh-- practice. If you're not making money you change your product offering, not use deceptive practices to swing it back into your favor. They were using false advertising until they finally changed the fine print.

I'll admit Netflix is a good service for the average renter that watches a couple movies per week. I've found much more value for my money with the Blockbuster service though and have yet to be lied to. I'm sure I'll eventually get screwed by Blockbuster to, because well, it's Blockbuster.

670837[/snapback]

If you're actually WATCHING the movies and then sending them back, I honestly don't think there is an issue. I had the base program for the first year and never had any problem at all. Now if you're taking the movies and burning them to DVD and then sending them back, and then complaing that you cant rent hundreds of movies a month, I think that's a bit ridiculous. When you run the math compared to what you'd spend on rentals at Blockbuster or Hollywood video, Netflix saves you a LOT of money.

Netflix has four times as many subscribers as Blockbuster Online does.....they're also being sued for patent infringement  :P

http://money.cnn.com/2006/04/04/news/compa....reut/index.htm

670838[/snapback]

most telling quote of that article

" If in fact (Netflix) feels so damaged they should have sought injunctive relief before Blockbuster rolled out its service.""

Looks like Netflix is starting to be spooked at losing members to Blockbuster. I know all my friends have switched.

But anyways, sign up for whatever service you feel is right for you. In the end neither companies are perfect and it comes down to preference and in which manner you preferred to be screwed. Or, just start going back to the corner rental store.

If you're actually WATCHING the movies and then sending them back, I honestly don't think there is an issue.

670840[/snapback]

Unless you don't have cable wand were actually watching a couple movies a night and sending them back. That's what I did for awhile a few years back until I decided to get cable. So no, not everybody who is complaining about it is burning DVD's.

now if we're talking about TracyLee on the other hand......

Unless you don't have cable wand were actually watching a couple movies a night and sending them back. That's what I did for awhile a few years back until I decided to get cable. So no, not everybody who is complaining about it is burning DVD's.

now if we're talking about TracyLee on the other hand......

670852[/snapback]

I dunno, when I went through my divorce I was watching a couple per night and I still never had a problem. I had one day turnaround and had new releases in my mailbox every tuesday (since they'll ship them to you on Monday if they get your returns).

But look, I'm just trying to be a nice guy and give people a bit longer of a free trial. I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest....Lord knows I had enough of that with the whole "hockey vs soccer" fiasco :P

If you're actually WATCHING the movies and then sending them back, I honestly don't think there is an issue. I had the base program for the first year and never had any problem at all. Now if you're taking the movies and burning them to DVD and then sending them back, and then complaing that you cant rent hundreds of movies a month, I think that's a bit ridiculous. When you run the math compared to what you'd spend on rentals at Blockbuster or Hollywood video, Netflix saves you a LOT of money.

670840[/snapback]

So how long have you worked for Netflix?

:P

So how long have you worked for Netflix?

670874[/snapback]

lol....sorry if it's coming off that way. The fact is that I really do feel like Netflix helped me a lot during a very difficult time. I was REALLY messed up when my ex-wife and I separated. I didn't have a lot of extra money, so to be able to use that service and get my mind off of things for a few hours each day was really a blessing. I had all four seasons of the sopranos (season 5 hadn't come out on DVD yet), any movie I wanted to watch, sports, documentaries, stand up comedy, whatever i wanted to get....I know how dumb it sounds, but it was something I could rely on during a time when I really did wonder who or what I could say that about anymore. So yeah, I do have a pretty strong sense of loyalty to them, but that aside, I really do believe in their service! :lol:

I dunno, when I went through my divorce I was watching a couple per night and I still never had a problem. I had one day turnaround and had new releases in my mailbox every tuesday (since they'll ship them to you on Monday if they get your returns).

But look, I'm just trying to be a nice guy and give people a bit longer of a free trial. I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest....Lord knows I had enough of that with the whole "hockey vs soccer" fiasco  :P

670870[/snapback]

I got a one month free to blockbuster so i guess we can piss the same distance. :lol:

Hockey >x10 Soccer

I got a one month free to blockbuster so i guess we can piss the same distance.  :lol:

Hockey >x10 Soccer

670907[/snapback]

BTW, I'm sure Blockbuster will have this too, but for those of you who are interested in getting either an HD-DVD or Blu-ray player, Netflix is goign to carry BOTH formats....I was really psyched about that :P

BTW, I'm sure Blockbuster will have this too, but for those of you who are interested in getting either an HD-DVD or Blu-ray player, Netflix is goign to carry BOTH formats....I was really psyched about that  :P

670912[/snapback]

Really?? Very cool. Just in time for my new HDTV and dvd player! :lol: