If anyone has been wanting to try Netflix

ajzepp

Really?? Very cool.  Just in time for my new HDTV and dvd player!  :P

670914[/snapback]

Well you'd need to buy the actual HD-DVD or Blu-ray player before you could use them....they don't work on regular DVD players. But since you're saving so much money on your tv, maybe you can get one of those too :lol:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you'd need to buy the actual HD-DVD or Blu-ray player before you could use them....they don't work on regular DVD players. But since you're saving so much money on your tv, maybe you can get one of those too :lol:

670920[/snapback]

Oh, okay...I knew that. :P I think I'll wait for a few years to work out any kinks in the technology and for them to come down in price!

I like Netflix for the most part. However, if you are in the habit of adding the newest releases when they come out, good luck getting those anytime soon. I literally had "Two for the Money" as the #1 slot in my queue for 3 and a half months before they finally sent it to me. Then it wasn't all that good :P At points, the top 15 in my queue have been unavailable due to being waitlisted. But, if you can build a big enough queue, it's still works out to be a pretty good deal.

I like Netflix for the most part.  However, if you are in the habit of adding the newest releases when they come out, good luck getting those anytime soon.  I literally had "Two for the Money" as the #1 slot in my queue for 3 and a half months before they finally sent it to me.  Then it wasn't all that good :P  At points, the top 15 in my queue have been unavailable due to being waitlisted.  But, if you can build a big enough queue, it's still works out to be a pretty good deal.

670930[/snapback]

One thing I found comical with Netflix was when you first signed up everything was "Available now". But after the first month all of a sudden every new release was a short or long wait. This happened both times I gave them a try, 3 years ago and about 6 months ago. Nothing like showing priority to new customers at the expense of your old ones.

One thing I found comical with Netflix was when you first signed up everything was "Available now". But after the first month all of a sudden every new release was a short or long wait. This happened both times I gave them a try, 3 years ago and about 6 months ago. Nothing like showing priority to new customers at the expense of your old ones.

670935[/snapback]

Good point. By the time you get new releases from NF, there on the dusty reduced shelf at BB.

I like Netflix for the most part.  However, if you are in the habit of adding the newest releases when they come out, good luck getting those anytime soon.  I literally had "Two for the Money" as the #1 slot in my queue for 3 and a half months before they finally sent it to me.  Then it wasn't all that good :lol:  At points, the top 15 in my queue have been unavailable due to being waitlisted.  But, if you can build a big enough queue, it's still works out to be a pretty good deal.

670930[/snapback]

There's a trick to getting the new releases. Should I tell?? :P

I like Netflix for the most part.  However, if you are in the habit of adding the newest releases when they come out, good luck getting those anytime soon.  I literally had "Two for the Money" as the #1 slot in my queue for 3 and a half months before they finally sent it to me.  Then it wasn't all that good :lol:  At points, the top 15 in my queue have been unavailable due to being waitlisted.  But, if you can build a big enough queue, it's still works out to be a pretty good deal.

670930[/snapback]

That's easily fixed....I get new released in my mailbox every Tuesday. It usually takes the postal service a day to get them returned for me, so if I put them in my mailbox for pick up on Thursday, then netflix gets them Friday and I get the next movies in my queue. If I wait to put them back in the mail until Friday or Saturday, then Netflix receives them on Monday, and they will go ahead and ship me the new releases for that week. If they don't receive them until Tuesday, then 90% of the time I still get the new releases. I think there's been MAYBE two weeks in the past year where I didn't get the new movies I wanted, in my mailbox by 11am, BEFORE Blockbuster was even open :P

There's a trick to getting the new releases.  Should I tell??  :P

670938[/snapback]

I've taught you well, young padawan :lol:

:P  You beat me to it!  Oh well, I knew you'd probably post it.  :lol:

670945[/snapback]

Sorry, I must have already been in the middle of writing the post before I saw your comment :lol: But don't you find that since you've been paying attention to when you send them back that you end up with new releases almost every week?

See AJ's post above.  :P

670947[/snapback]

That works great until they start pretending they don't receive your movies for 4 days. Not a problem for all but was for me.

With Blockbuster I don't even worry about getting the new releases by mail. I get 4 free in store rentals per month. Half the time I go in planning on using one of those but the movie is out of stock. Then I get the guarenteed in stock of free deal and rent something else. I wind up with about 7-8 free in store movies per month.

Sorry, I must have already been in the middle of writing the post before I saw your comment :P  But don't you find that since you've been paying attention to when you send them back that you end up with new releases almost every week?

670949[/snapback]

NP...you explained it better than I could. lol Yes, if I get them in the mail either Friday or Saturday I always get the new releases that I want to get.

That works great until they start pretending they don't receive your movies for 4 days. Not a problem for all but was for me.

With Blockbuster I don't even worry about getting the new releases by mail. I get 4 free in store rentals per month. Half the time I go in planning on using one of those but the movie is out of stock. Then I get the guarenteed in stock of free deal and rent something else. I wind up with about 7-8 free in store movies per month.

670950[/snapback]

Hmmmm....get in my car and drive to Blockbuster....or have them in my mailbox before Blockbuster opens.....decisions, decisions, decisions..... :P:lol:

Hmmmm....get in my car and drive to Blockbuster....or have them in my mailbox before Blockbuster opens.....decisions, decisions, decisions..... :P  :lol:

670956[/snapback]

It's on the way to work and 2 blocks from my home.

The wife and I usually walk there at night to get a little exercise....I know it's a foreign idea in today's America. Makes up for the laziness of watching a 2 hours movie (unless I watch it while on the treadmill of course.)

That's easily fixed....I get new released in my mailbox every Tuesday. It usually takes the postal service a day to get them returned for me, so if I put them in my mailbox for pick up on Thursday, then netflix gets them Friday and I get the next movies in my queue. If I wait to put them back in the mail until Friday or Saturday, then Netflix receives them on Monday, and they will go ahead and ship me the new releases for that week. If they don't receive them until Tuesday, then 90% of the time I still get the new releases. I think there's been MAYBE two weeks in the past year where I didn't get the new movies I wanted, in my mailbox by 11am, BEFORE Blockbuster was even open :lol:

670941[/snapback]

My problem is that I'm a weekend warrior :P I only usually like to watch DVD's over the weekend, so I return them on Monday morning, NF gets them Tuesday, but I never get the new releases. Oh well, to me it's the lesser of two evils. I don't want to return movies to them on Friday, so I get movies further down in my queue.

By the way, what's your trick for finding out new releases? I don't feel like NF makes that informaiton readily available, so I go to other web sites to see what's coming out then go back to NF and search for them to add to my queue.

But look, I'm just trying to be a nice guy and give people a bit longer of a free trial. I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest....Lord knows I had enough of that with the whole "hockey vs soccer" fiasco  :P

670870[/snapback]

It's not a service that I'm interested in, but thanks for the info, ajzepp.

I think you will have to file your post under the old adage, "No good deed goes unpunished". :lol:

It's on the way to work and 2 blocks from my home.

The wife and I usually walk there at night to get a little exercise....I know it's a foreign idea in today's America. Makes up for the laziness of watching a 2 hours movie (unless I watch it while on the treadmill of course.)

670960[/snapback]

lol, well I think you're the exception more than the rule.....but the bottom line is that MOVIES RULE, DAMMIT :P

It's not a service that I'm interested in, but thanks for the info, ajzepp.

I think you will have to file your post under the old adage, "No good deed goes unpunished". :lol:

670964[/snapback]

I think you're right :P

Well, at least a couple people will benefit from all of this, so I feel good about that - assuming they enjoy the service, that is :lol: