This is very strange

nodnarb

Check out today's episode of ESPN's draft special. Tom Donahoe makes an appearance, commenting on several prospects not likely to be drafted, or drafted as prospects. The strange part is that they said, and this is not verbatim but accurate nearly to the word, "Tom Donahoe oversaw the 2002 draft for the Steelers"...and they showed a quick video of him at the Steelers draft room, (I assume before 2001) and then leaned on his opinion of Antwaan Randle El. He talked and talked about him, as if he had drafted him and as if he was responsible finding that gem. When the reality is, of course, that Donahoe was outed from Pitt in 2000 and traded up to draft Denney, bypassing Randle El altogether. How could ESPN be THAT wrong? How could they be THAT irresponsible in their writing and production?

I would hope that, upon seeing the piece assembled, Donahoe called them and told them of their mistakes...

I don't know, but with the ass-kissing Mort gave him last week I think I am going to watch the draft on the NFL network. ESPN is not what it used to be. It will soon become the MTV of sports coverage.

Maybe it's just me, and I know I'm in the minority, but I'm going to look at this next Monday or Tuesday and form an opinion then. I have no input on the draft, but I can damn sure praise or B word over the result.

That's my right as a fan.

Check out today's episode of ESPN's draft special. Tom Donahoe makes an appearance, commenting on several prospects not likely to be drafted, or drafted as prospects. The strange part is that they said, and this is not verbatim but accurate nearly to the word, "Tom Donahoe oversaw the 2002 draft for the Steelers"...and they showed a quick video of him at the Steelers draft room, (I assume before 2001) and then leaned on his opinion of Antwaan Randle El. He talked and talked about him, as if he had drafted him and as if he was responsible finding that gem. When the reality is, of course, that Donahoe was outed from Pitt in 2000 and traded up to draft Denney, bypassing Randle El altogether. How could ESPN be THAT wrong? How could they be THAT irresponsible in their writing and production?

I would hope that, upon seeing the piece assembled, Donahoe called them and told them of their mistakes...

670209[/snapback]

They redefine downward the epithet 'dumbasses'.

And you know what?...Donahoe is just their speed.

Believe or not, I actually saw TD this morning at the Buffalo Airport. I was in town this past weekend for Conan O'Brien and the Sabres (of course) and left just this morning on a very early flight back out to the west coast.

Good ol' whitey was on m first flight from Buffalo to Cincinnati, but i lost him after that. I have no idea what he was doing back in Buffalo, but i have to admit i felt a little bad for the guy. He was literally standing off on his own about 100 feet from the nearest individual and looked very uncomfortable. Almost as if everyone who recognized him would charge after him and beat him to death before entering the jetway.

When i got on the plane he was reading the sports section of the USA Today. I'm sure he'll never pick up a Buffalo News again since every now and then a columnist rips him to shreds over his failed regime.

Anyway, no big deal, but noticed ol' whitey this morning. Since, he was at the airport, maybe he wanted to fuel some rumors on TBD that he's interviewing for a vacant position as team janitor? ;)

Anyway, no big deal, but noticed ol\' whitey this morning.  Since, he was at the airport, maybe he wanted to fuel some rumors on TBD that he\'s interviewing for a vacant position as team janitor?  ;)

670440[/snapback]

If I remember correctly, his family is still in Buffalo, and his kids will be finishing school there.

Thats business as per usual at that sh------- station. I am glad Donahoe is gone but there is one thing he did well where I think he could of helped with this draft- he was great at trading down and stockpiling picks. We have such an opportunity to do that and are in a great position at pick #8. Someone is gonna drop to us and someone is gonna want that guy and they will be willing to part with picks

670209[/snapback]

Aha -- so THAT'S the excuse he's using for the Mike Williams pick: "Don't blame me, I was still in Pittsburgh. Yeah. That's the ticket..."

;)

That piece originally ran on Sunday morning's "Outside The Lines", dealing with college QBs changing positions to increase their chances of making it in the NFL. Can't believe they're still using it.

Then again, this is ESPN we're talking about here...

670209[/snapback]

I saw that as well today, but I don't think Donahoe should be responsible for something like that. ESPN is a world wide television station and it is their job to know the facts. If Donahoe ended up calling them after this to explain, then that tells us that he has good character.

I saw that as well today, but I don't think Donahoe should be responsible for something like that.  ESPN is a world wide television station and it is their job to know the facts.  If Donahoe ended up calling them after this to explain, then that  tells us that he has good character.

670530[/snapback]

I think everyone was saying that ESPN wuz dumBO.

Good ol' whitey was on m first flight from Buffalo to Cincinnati, but i lost him after that.  I have no idea what he was doing back in Buffalo, but i have to admit i felt a little bad for the guy.  He was literally standing off on his own about 100 feet from the nearest individual and looked very uncomfortable.  Almost as if everyone who recognized him would charge after him and beat him to death before entering the jetway.

670440[/snapback]

I would have peed on his shoes.

I saw that as well today, but I don't think Donahoe should be responsible for something like that.  ESPN is a world wide television station and it is their job to know the facts.  If Donahoe ended up calling them after this to explain, then that  tells us that he has good character.

670530[/snapback]

That's what I meant. I didn't mean to suggest that Donahoe was posing as 'the guy who scouted and drafted Randle El', but that ESPN implicitly portrayed him as such. I realize looking back now that the way I wrote it was ambiguous in that regard.

Thats business as per usual at that sh------- station.  I am glad Donahoe is gone but there is one thing he did well where I think he could of helped with this draft- he was great at trading down and stockpiling picks.  We have such an opportunity to do that and are in a great position at pick #8.  Someone is gonna drop to us and someone is gonna want that guy and they will be willing to part with picks

670503[/snapback]

He is? When did he do that? He never "stockpiled picks" for the Bills...He did in 2001, once, and he traded up for Denney, who's a decent but non-impacting player, but to say he's particularly skilled at that is a tad strange. The Pats are the role model in that category. They know when a draft stinks and use it build toward next years' .

I don't know, but with the ass-kissing Mort gave him last week I think I am going to watch the draft on the NFL network.  ESPN is not what it used to be.  It will soon become the MTV of sports coverage.

670220[/snapback]

Soon?? E$PN already is at that level! ;)