You gotta love this...

ofiba

Attendence is soaring and the entire hockey nation is touting at how much more exciting and fast the game is....except the Flyers fan base.

669595[/snapback]

Well, when their obviously slower-than-cooking-retatta team can't keep themselves in it by clutching and grabbing any more, I guess that kinda takes the fun out of it...

Well, when their obviously slower-than-cooking-retatta team can't keep themselves in it by clutching and grabbing any more, I guess that kinda takes the fun out of it...

669603[/snapback]

I really think they'd try to kill Bettman if he attends a game in Philly.

Attendence is soaring and the entire hockey nation is touting at how much more exciting and fast the game is....except the Flyers fan base.

669595[/snapback]

Not quite true. Bruins fans hate the new NHL as well.

I really think they'd try to kill Bettman if he attends a game in Philly.

669605[/snapback]

Only person they have to blame is Bobby Clark. He was the guy who deliberately went out and aquired (during the lockout) dinasaur, huge, slow Dmen. Rathje, Hatcher and Therion are all immobile and outdated. Perfect fodder for quick teams like the Sabres and others who had forsight to retool for the new NHL. Clark, much like ex Quinn of the Leafs, is much too stuburn or unable to change his outlook on the NHL. I cant believe Clark has survived this long. In the Mid nineties he build a pretty good team with the Legion of Doom and so on but insisted on not getting a top goalie. Garth Snow? That got them bounced from the playoffs consistently and they never won the cup.

The Philly board also has a thread where they are crying about the new NHL! Here is one example:

I'm of the opinion that it's [new NHL] NOT here to stay. These playoffs may just be what spurs the diehards to no longer watch. And that my friends spells the end of this regime.