Draft thoughts and Parrish, Preston

jahnyc

1. I am having a hard time figuring out the pick of the Bills at #8. Ngata, Huff, Bunkley, and Justice should be there but:

Ngata may not fit the new scheme.

The Bills project Huff as a safety.

Bunkley has past injury problems and there may be some character issues.

Justice has character issues, may be raw, and the Bills do not project him as a top 10 player in the draft.

So where does this leave the Bills?

2. I don't think the Bills have much confidence in Parrish or Preston. The Bills signed Davis, Price and re-signed Reed and Aiken. Where does that leave Parrish? I guess he battles Aiken, Davis and Smith for the last two WR spots on the roster.

Same with Preston. The Bills signed Fowler to play center. If the Bills thought Preston was ready, I don't think they would have acquired Fowler.

I think Huff has the fewest questions out of the four players mentioned above, assuming he plays at safety. There would be questions if the Bills draft him to play cb since some teams only project him to FS.

The guy who might be there and with the fewest "questions" is Vernon Davis. Not a need, but he may be the best player available when we pick.

Actually, most of the draft previews I've read project him at SS (in fact one declares he might take some time to learn the CB at the NFL level, but plug him in right away at SS and he'll dominate). 

I personally have no problems with Huff at #8.

667766[/snapback]

Exactly. And I like Huff - Vincent or Huff - Baker a lot more than Bowen - Huff or

(God help us :lol: ) Wire - Huff.

I think it will be Ngata or Bunkley. Until I heard the interviews with Marv and Modrak, I would have thought it was going to be Justice. But unless that is pure misinformation, it will be a DT, a huge need position for the Bills.

I hope our first four picks are all d-line and o-line.

I think it will be Ngata or Bunkley.  Until I heard the interviews with Marv and Modrak, I would have thought it was going to be Justice.  But unless that is pure misinformation, it will be a DT, a huge need position for the Bills.

I hope our first four picks are all d-line and o-line.

667781[/snapback]

I guess I'm a little worried of us botching up the #8 pick...the MW factor :lol:

If we can trade down & get either Justice, Bunkley or Ngata I will be much more comfortable.

Really?

You don't think Roy Williams is a baller?

667777[/snapback]

Roy Williams is a damn wrecking machine.

this is ridiculous, people admitting huff is a stud but think #8 is too high. If you know someone is a stud and could end up in the pro bowl for the next 10 years dont you take him? i dont care if its a damn punter, take him. Theres no reason to believe that #8 is too high to take a safety on a team where there hasnt been a good one for over a decade. We need the position..... he is a stud...... take him and stop trying to be cute with the pick.

He's good.  I just don't see a SS being worth an 8th overall plus the money that goes with it.

667787[/snapback]

When you get right down to it, I don't think an OL is worth it either... Bills would get best value by going DL IMO. But I'd still be happy with Huff since he's a great talent & a safe pick at a need position.

I guess I'm a little worried of us botching up the #8 pick...the MW factor  :lol:

If we can trade down & get either Justice, Bunkley or Ngata I will be much more comfortable.

667782[/snapback]

omg, so you're never going to take a guy in the top 10 because of stupid mw? that makes sense, if your team sucks that bad to be in the top 10, YOU NEED THE TALENT!!!!!

1.  I am having a hard time figuring out the pick of the Bills at #8.  Ngata, Huff, Bunkley, and Justice should be there but: 

Ngata may not fit the new scheme.

The Bills project Huff as a safety.

Bunkley has past injury problems and there may be some character issues.

Justice has character issues, may be raw, and the Bills do not project him as a top 10 player in the draft.

So where does this leave the Bills? 

2.  I don't think the Bills have much confidence in Parrish or Preston.  The Bills signed Davis, Price and re-signed Reed and Aiken.  Where does that leave Parrish?  I guess he battles Aiken, Davis and Smith for the last two WR spots on the roster.

Same with Preston.  The Bills signed Fowler to play center.  If the Bills thought Preston was ready, I don't think they would have acquired Fowler.

667757[/snapback]

What's scary about Preston is that he couldn't beat out Benny at LG. Now THAT is very telling! I really thought Duke would be ready to start as a rookie. Another bust by TD. :lol:

this is ridiculous, people admitting huff is a stud but think #8 is too high. If you know someone is a stud and could end up in the pro bowl for the next 10 years dont you take him? i dont care if its a damn punter, take him. Theres no reason to believe that #8 is too high to take a safety on a team where there hasnt been a good one for over a decade. We need the position..... he is a stud...... take him and stop trying to be cute with the pick.

667797[/snapback]

I typically agree with what you just said. I never understood why some teams mind !@#$ themselves when it comes to what spot a player is taken. Like you said, if you really want a player, and you really think he's going to be a gamer, then fuggin TAKE him. Just because Mel Kiper says that the guy should go at #22 and you draft at #12, who cares??? If you can find a way to move back a little and get something for it, then that's different. But sometimes you aren't able to find a dance partner. But to pass on a player you really want makes no sense. I don't know enough about Huff to have an opinion either way. I know that the footage of Bunkley I saw the other day was very impressive, but I'll let Marv an Modrak handle the draft picks. I just hope we have a draft like we did in 2001 as opposed to 2000.

I guess I'm a little worried of us botching up the #8 pick...the MW factor  :lol:

667782[/snapback]

Unfortunately, if any of those three guys are the target, and I think it's Ngata at this point, then they can't trade down very far and still nab them. For example, if it's Ngata, they must stay in front of Cleveland at #12. That leaves only three teams they can trade down with, and that's assuming one of those three teams have some urgent need to trade up to #8 instead of just waiting.

It's very unlikely to happen. Haloti Ngata at #8 overall. That's our pick.